Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Anyone work through PAIN??

Alex Cross

Hey fellas-

Well I worked thru my elbow pain for months and months, and finally it got strong enough, and whatever other elements came together, and it healed. Well the shoulder's been bothering be... Been doin the whole VIOXX, ice and rest thing. I lifted back and bi's on seperate days, and it feels pretty good, but CERTAIN movments (like overhead movements) kinda bother it... I dont really wanna take anymore time off..... Just wondering how many of you guys keep @ it!?!?!

A/C

I'm taking off a couple of weeks right now due to an injury and i'm going crazy..To me working out through the pain just makes me feel better just to know i'm busting my ass to get to where i want to be..keep at it A/C

I work through pain but never an injury as I might even do more damage to myself... with an injury i get it diagnosed properly and see what I can and can't do, remember rehab is the key to preventing the same injury from occurring again...

work around it with out doing movements which will cause further pain or injury.

I have learnt to swallow my pride, take time off from the risky movements and let my injurys recover, other wise i will set my self up for months, years and a life time of comprimised training, pain, aches, more injurys.
It just aint worth it.

take a couple weeks off, or sacrifice your future......

hey fellas
I know your pain, i always get injured and want to work though it i the worst of ways. However, if you cant work around the pain dont work out at all. A little rest does not hurt, it act ually probably helps. Whenever you cant work around the pain ask yourself this question. Would you rather be out for 2 weeks or 2 months. Reason why im saying this is because i starined my hamstring and wanted t o run in t his t eack meet so bad last year. So i took some pain killers and some o ther crap that my friend gave me, i t was that numbing stuff so you casnt feel any thing. I took it, ran well and didnt feel a t hing. THat night when eveyr thing wore off i found out i pulled my hamstring and was out of running for 2 mont hs. So t hink twice before becoming he-man.

I think most people here work through pain, thats why they're here.

I'm working through a lot of injuries and annoying pains right now. Endpoint is right, swallow your pride if necessary. Lift with perfect form. Figure out exactly whats wrong with your body(find out if its your rotator) before you hit it too hard.

Thanks to big b I've been using icyhot regularly, and it helps A LOT. Ibuprofen helps also.

Take care of yourself but don't let anything stop you from training

For me it's a matter of knowing whether I'm Injured or Just Hurt... Pain from being hurt I will always work through, such as a strained hamstring I've had lately or a lower back issue I've been working through... But If its an injury such as a muscle tear or something of that nature, then it's time to rest and heal......

Pain is your friend and teacher. You learn to endure a lot of other things just by practicing putting up with pain in the gym. I've worked through every major injury and broken limb I've had. Minor injuries are a breeze.

A kid recently told me the story of a guy breaking her 17 year old boyfriends nose. The boyfriend went and thanked the guy for doing it. He said, "You taught me to not be afraid of things like that. I used to be scared, but now I know it's no big deal."

That kid's gonna be one interesting hombre when he grows up.

I try to always work around pain...unless a contest is coming up.

B True

Thaibox said:
Thanks to big b I've been using icyhot regularly, and it helps A LOT. Ibuprofen helps also.

icyhot? I guess its like this stuff in here (dont know if they have it in america.....)its called deep heat, they have comeout with SUPER hot concentrated formula.....shit man its hot

Methyl salicylate 260mg/g, menthol 70mg/g.

i have a bad habit, putting it on my knees after squating...it feels so nice and refreshing (but painfully HOT!)

as for Ibuprofen...i need to research this a bit more,bought my first packet yesterday after seeing a TV commercial.....

Top Bottom