Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Advice ?

Dylanmcauley

Alright lads, Just a bit about myself.
Trained for years in muay thai and mma mainly, and have lifted to help those.
Been focusing on lifting since january.
I'm 5"8, about 56kg and 18 years old.

Gained around 3-4kg since i started but after i upped the cals and sorted my diet. i'm looking for a new routine.
I hate doing programs like SS that are 3x a week full body, tried them and just not for me.
I'm on a 4 day split now, and i take one day rest every two days.

I'm looking to build muscle, last time i got my BF% done it was 7-8%.

Routine looks like this .

Day 1 - Shoulders/Triceps
Day 2 - Legs
Day 3 - Chest/Biceps
Day 4 - Back/ Traps

I focus on compounds, and they're the first exercise i do each day, and do 5x5 on squats, 3x5 on deadlifts. everything else ranges from 8-12 reps, or 6-10 if im going heavier.
I avoid machines as much as i can too.

Stats
Squat 5x5 - 82.5kg
Deadlifts 1x5- 102.5kg
Bench 50kgx5
OHP 30kg x4 8

Thanks lads!

Up the reps on the big lifts and see how much you grow

Yeah the guy who wrote my program (who's a well known bodybuilder here) says 8-12 is best.
you think my routine looks good?

Yeah it looks fine, if youre making progress just keep it up

Thanks mate, just on other forums people say do strength type routines 3x a week for beginners, but they don't look like they train themself,
how did you start out? on a split?

I started off in highschool weight training class working out 5 days a week doing upper-lower--upper-lower-upper then lower the next week starting it off.. Honestly starting off anyway is fine.. You should gain massive amounts of strength no matter what you do starting off. If I could go back I would start with a better split

Also do what works for you. Hell try both ways out.. See what way works better, everyone is different when it comes to genetics..

Top Bottom