Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A 6-Day a Week WorkOut Program

work_hard777

Once the summer hits i'll be weight lifting 6 times a week, 2 hours a day. At this time i am trying to come up with the most affective work out plan that will give me the most muscle i can possibly gain in the 3 months of summer that i will have.

I also want workouts that will help certain muscles that will improve power and speed. I'd like to see weight gain also.

I have been thinking like Monday, Wednesday, and Friday would be all upper body workouts mixed in with some other lifts that doesnt neccessarly have to be upper body but just mostly in general, a upper body workout days.

Then Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturdays can be all lower body workouts. Again there would be lifts here and there mixed in that would not be lower body but most of all the lifts would be lower body for those days.

I was just curious if any of you know where im comming from and know what im looking for. If you have tips, suggestions, and/or workouts that would be very much help to me and i will appreciate it alot.

Once again people at this cite have been very helpfull to me and i give great thanks.

Yeah, instead of wasting 6 days a week in the gym, pick a full body routine and stick with progressing on your main lifts. At most I'd go 2 days in a row before taking a rest day. Post your squat/dead/ohp maxes, and try to beat them every time you go in.

Dont want to be a dick here, but this is the second annoying post from you that ive read in the past 30 seconds. Do some research on the boards. Use the search function. Find something you like, modify it, whatever. Theres a bazillion pages of info on here you can read through.

new kid said:
i'll be weight lifting 6 times a week, 2 hours a day.

Why? What's your rationale? How can you already know this when you don't have your plan laid out yet? I assume you think time in the gym = intensity/gains, right? Guess again. Focus & smarts are equally important as sweat here, if not more so.

new kid said:
I also want workouts that will help certain muscles that will improve power and speed.

Which muscles are those exactly? All muscles do is contract and relax. What's your sport? Target the prime movers in the athletic movements.

new kid said:
I'd like to see weight gain also.

And ask for a million bucks from the tooth fairy while you're at it. LoL Look, in 3 months, you can probably adequately target maybe a handful of qualities--size, power, strength, sports technique, etc. I assume you're interested in athletics here, hence you mentioning speed & power? Well, working for size is a little different, and sometimes counterproductive depending on your base strength levels. IOW, Mike Tyson hits like a freighttrain -- turning him into a 600 pound raw bencher probably won't help his boxing and could even hurt, if it's not carefully incorporated into a well-thought-out program. Back to the point -- if summer is your "off season," and you're in a sport requiring size, then train for size. If you're in a sport where speed/power/strength-endurance etc. are more important, and you've already got a decent strength basis, then train for those qualities. But I don't think it's wise to think you'll be able to gain muscular size, while also building max strength, and then somehow convert it into power in 3 months, all while getting faster. IOW, what sport are you training for? Do you need size or max strength more at this point? Figure that out, and work on that over the summer, maybe leaving yourself a few weeks to convert new strength gains into power/speed so it'll translate onto an improvement on the field.

And if you're just training to get big guns and fuck chicks, then fuck you for making me type all this crap. LoL

While you're at it, go read:

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/articles.html
http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/weight.htm

You're welcome.

Protobuilder said:
And if you're just training to get big guns and fuck chicks, then fuck you for making me type all this crap. LoL

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/articles.html
http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/weight.htm

You're welcome.

Aw man, that was so great. :)

Seriously. 6d/wk does not equal greater gains. It could equal overtraining however.

Do read up in the diet and nutrition forum concerning gains. You can train 16hrs a day in the gym and never amount to any gains without the nutrition/cals/etc. to support what you're doing.

Also, take a look at some of the training journals, all the while considering your goals, sports and etc. That way you will know what type of training you would be best served by.

Protobuilder said:

You're welcome.

LMFAO
"you must spread your karma around before giving to Protobuilder again"

I don't think I can add anything to that awesome post.

Way to go PB! ;)

work_hard, you don't even tell us where you're at currently. Advice for a 160lb kid is going to be different to that for a 240lb lifter.

i replied on the wrong thread
please ignore this msg or mods delete it
thanks lol

Well, I'm going to disagree a little bit with the responses. It's true, workhard, that 6 days is generally considered overtraining. You should have read the Training Information sticky to get an accurate idea about how to construct a basic strength/athletic preperation program. There is an answer to your situation, though.

Let's say you spend 3-4 days a week on your basic lifting program. You have another day to concentrate on the oft-overlooked strength training secret: GPP or General Physical Preparedness The Sept. 02 article at Westside Barbell also makes interesting reading.

This leaves more time to follow any running and/or plyometric drills you might want to do. You find good ideas for these in the Training Information Vault as well.

I'd caution,again, about burning yourself out by doing too much too soon. However, enthusiasm is undeniably important. If you have the desire to accomplish, you can find a way to make it happen. Just remember, there's a difference between lots of effort and training smarter. Start with the basics and be honest in evaluating how much you can handle as you try to increase you r work capacity.

Top Bottom