Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

14 Year Old WeightLifting Plan

Adora

I was wondering what would be a healthy plan for me. I'm looking at hitting the gym 3-5 times a week, and on the days I'm not at the gym, doing light runs and little to no lifting (Excluding sit ups/push ups). This is just talk and I probally wont end up being THAT hardcore, but hopefully close. I'm 6" 155lbs, 14 years old, and I have been lifting since I was 13. It hasn't been anything like I am planning on doing now. I was thinking about creatine, and maybe some other supplements. I really don't know very much, and I thought I could use your advice.

Thanks,
Chris

Creatine and Whey Powder aOK but don't worry about too many other supplements - your too young to risk fucking things up for minimal benefit.

Curious question to Sculelos - do you think think 3v5 would be too low a rep range for a growing 14 year old.

I would have thought 10-12 would be safer with no negatives in terms of muscle growth

Of course it wouldn't be! In fact, you would think that it would be safer because your form gets worse the more reps you do in a set. Not to mention a 14 year old needs to gain strength and a base before he needs to worry about hypertrophy.

Exactly. there are 8 year olds training with 1-3 rep maxes on the olympic lifts since trying to gain muscle mass is a waste of time for the pre pubescent kid. though, they can still train their CNS to get strong and powerful. 3x5 IMO is the best way to start any beginner. it teaches the main basic lifts and builds a strong foundation. THOUGH, since i doubt you have any experience with squatting, benching, pressing, deadlifting, etc, you should definitely READ UP on it, or find an EXPERIENCED coach. most coaches or personal trainers are dumbasses and don't know shit about how to do squats, cleans, etc properly. going below parallel is bad for the knees is complete bullshit.

you're 6' and 155 pounds, you have a lot of room to grow. make sure you EAT. some people suggest drinking a gallon of milk throughout the day..i drink 13 cups of it everyday and i'm healthy as hell. make sure that scale goes up every week!

the only supplement worth buying at this time is protein. don't bother with creatine yet.

Top Bottom