Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Your core exercise for deltiod MASS

Your core exercise for Deltiod mass

• Barbell Press (standing, seating, clean and jerk)

Votes: 52 46.8%
  • Dumbell Press (Out to the side, back up)

Votes: 48 43.2%
  • Arnold Press (Dumbells brought down to the front, rotated with wrist to the chest)

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Other (Please list below)

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one exercise really. Ive always done a large variety of exercises and high volume. Lately my delts have come up alot just from incline and flat benching (many sets to failure). I was also hitting shoulders seperately as well. Often I just use side laterals with dumbbells for my seperate shoulder work. I get enough presses from the benching. When I was doing shoulder presses Id use dumbbells. I like those alot. I also like the cybex plate loaded shoulder press. Was doing that some months ago as well.

I always start out with either dumbell presses or arnold presses, then mix it up with 2 among lateral raises, bent over laterals, upright rows, front raises, and military press machine, and finish with 4 sets of shrugs.

Tom Treutlein said:
Why's that, nate?

a number of reasons. after a stint of OLY lifting, I realized how weak my core was. with an standing overhead press you really can tell. the difference between my seated military press and my standing was staggering, so I decided to focus more on bringing the 2 closer together. Im not opposed to using dbells but I just never get around to it. I guess I just like pressing with the bar.

Re: Two favorite exercises of all time are...

maxmuscle66 said:
I start off with good old fashion upright rows..... thickens my traps and works the hell out of my posterior delts.... Next, I hit the behind-the-neck press because they really attack the median and anterior heads of the deltoids..... thats them...... I do other exercises too; however, these are my two favorite ones!!!!!

Maxmuscle66

Damn, those are the two body killers as far as shoulder execizes go..Uprights can damage the rotator cuff, and behind-the-necks can make pinch nerves in the neck.

I never do either, but YMMV.

Standing Front BB presses and lateral raises...

Bluesman

Either seated military presses in front of you or standing military presses in front of you & maybe some upright rows

Can't get enough standing presses. How fun is it to lock out overhead. The only overhead stuff more fun is the snatch and jerking.

believe it or not bench pressing has given me pretty good front delts, dont get me wrong, i still do seated barbell pressing and some db's once and a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom