Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working the very lower ab muscles, below your bellybutton...

re

i SUGGEST Doing the Upper crunch, you can realy feel it working your lower abs. Also try getting yourself a flex or swiss ball and doing this specific exercise on it

1: THE CRUNCH
HER092001_40c.WO.jpg

2: V-SITS
HER092001_43b.WO.jpg
HER092001_43d.WO.jpg

(Sit on an exercise ball, knees bent, feet flat on the floor. Keeping your abs contracted, your chest up and out and your shoulders back, slowly recline backward a few inches. Hold for five seconds and return to the starting position. Do 8-12 reps. )

3: BRIDGING
HER092001_44c.WO.jpg

Lie on your back with your feet up on an exercise ball and your arms stretched out to the sides. Slowly raise your hips and glutes toward the ceiling while contracting your glutes and hamstrings, until your bodyweight rests comfortably on your shoulder blades. Return slowly to the starting position. (Throughout, keep your hips square to the ceiling and your abs contracted.) Do 13-20 reps.

Additionally, recent research has shown that the regular old "bicycle or bicycle crunch" or whatever you may refer to it as, recruits and stimulates more abdominal muscles and support muscles than any other one exercise. Abs get a great deal of work indirectly, so don't go overboard trying to work them "directly". By the way is that youBatZgirl on the Swiss Ball?:p

bignate73 said:
lower abs = myth

its just a matter of incomplete ab training. as for leg raises?:FRlol: :rolleyes: HIP FLEXORS. that burn you feel in your lower tummy.....ILIOPSOAS, maybe some rectus abdominus, but not as the prime mover.

throw your situps out the door and get some full range crunches going.

I agree 1000%

working abs come down to do two things:
1)spinal flexion
2)stabalizing the torso
everything else is bull

how do you pronounce iliopsoas?
:p

toga22 said:
Lying leg raises is a good exercise for your lower abs.

Also if you have access to a chin-up bar, hanging knee and/or leg raises is also a great exercise.

Remember too, that you should always work your lower abs first in an ab workout.

Good Luck~
toga
i second that, cause i do it and it works, your lower abs will get hard in time, trust me.

Top Bottom