Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

widen my chest!

Guess so.
Years of training (real life experience) have shown me that doing flat benches makes the lower portion of my chest grow and incline make my upper chest grow so robboe I think you are full of shit.
Later

flat bench and incline bench work to different parts of the chest, so no you wont grow a identical chest ,inclines make the chest look bigger anyways

Jakethemus: you are thick as shit. You can't make one part of a muscle grow more than another.

Infact, i am sick of saying this now.

Jakethemus: you are thick as shit. You can't make one part of a muscle grow more than another.

Infact, i am sick of saying this now so I'll tell you what: you carry on believing that you can make part of your chest grow ahead of another and i'll just laugh and ignore you ok? good...

Robboe said:

Infact, i am sick of saying this now so I'll tell you what: you carry on believing that you can make part of your chest grow ahead of another and i'll just laugh and ignore you ok? good...

Robboe you are right it is one muscle and therefore it grows together, but the pectoralis major has 3 different muscle fiber strokes a upper a middle and a lower and it is possible to train each part a little bit more than the rest thru different exercises, and in doing this you might see a little more development of that fiber stroke (but that development is not big and often not even visible.)

:fro:

And answer my question that I posted earlier you fucking baby, here it is;
Your telling me that if someone did exclusively flat movements all their life and another guy only ever did incline
movements their chests would grow the same? Assume the two people are genetically identical.

Jesus...

OK, soreness is not fully understood as of now, the most commonly accepted theory of muscles soreness is that macrophage activity is the cause. So, why would there be more macrophage activity in your upper chest and not your lower? Well, let's take a look at the chests anatomy (since someone brought it up). The pectorals major has two heads, the clavicular and the sternal. Clavicular = upper, sternal = lower. Then we have the pec minor which runs underneath the pec major just about directly to the side of the armpits. The pec minor IS a sperate muscle, with a seperate insertion and orgin, and a seperate function (it intializes a press). If your pec minor is sore, your upper/outer chest will be sore. If your pec major is sore, you whole chest will be sore. If both are sore, the whoe, chest will be sore, but moreso in the upper/outer portion. Now one of the pec minors functions is forward movement away the midline of the body; moving the scapula away from the spine during protration of the shoulder girdle. Yep, this is an incline press. So, an incline press may make your upper chest more sore than your lower because the pec minor has been worked to a greater degree. This is not making one part of the chest grow more than another, this is making one muscle grow more than another. The clavicular and sternal heads of the pec major cannot be seperated (these are what people refer to as the upper and lower chest), because the human anatomy does not allow it. Not even for Arnold.

Jake: Pretty much yes, only the dude doing the inclines might have a more developed pec minor. Since the pec minor runs along the 3rd to 5th ribs, this may possibly make his upper chest look fuller, but not bigger. And this is only a 'possibility', not a 'definately'. [i know their genetics are identical] but the kind of genetics the two men have will contribute to this factor.

Well there we are, thanks for that answer by the way Cackerot69.
I got pissed robboe cause you seemed to be saying that upper and outer chest work is pointless, and I know from experience that's its not.
Peace

Top Bottom