Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

widen my chest!

No it doesnt but it would imply that a different segment of muscle has been used.

Doms is characterised by unaccustomed exercise, if say a certain muscle performs a certain function then when i change exercises for that muscle there should be no soreness as it is accustomed. This is not the case.

I agree that science says that this isnt so, but real world experience would seem to indicate the opposite.

So you are saying that you can make your upper chest grow more than your lower chest?

Come on, don't be silly. Muscles grow in uniform.

You said that it implies that a different segment of muscle has been used - the chest grows as a whole no matter what. If not, then your muscles would be all lumpy and uneven.

within reason.

A muscle fiber does not run the whole lenghth of a muscle. I do agree with you, but when a muscle contracts the whole muscle contracts, but if 2 exercises are performed for the same muscle then these elicit soreness in different areas which would imply that this area had not been stressed sufficiently in the other exercise.

Can i also add that most of my training revolves around few exercise, just the basics.

Why has no one mentioned wide grip incline and bench presses? I don't care about all this science shit. Inclines make my upper chest sore, declines make my lower chest sore and wide grip benches make the outside of my chest sore. Since I switched to wide grip benches my chest has gotten wider and looks better so ill keep doing them.

Are you calling me an idiot? Your telling me that if someone did exclusively flat movements all their life and another guy only ever did incline movements their chests would grow the same? Assume the two people are genetically identical.

Last edited:
Top Bottom