Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

widen my chest!

I definitely agree that its partly genetic because naturally I have very wide shouders which, in turn, causes my chest to be very very wide. But then again since I have started working out I have dont strict heavy flat dumbbell flyes and incline dumbbell flyes really focusing on stretching out the entire pectoral area really broadening my pecs all the way. I dont know I am an advocate of incline presses too so I dont know where my chest gained off of its size from but its definitely one of my best bodyparts. :rolleyes:

thanks for the input.....for those of you that actually answered the question. I just wanted to know if it was worth concentrating on a lot of flyes and crossovers- which i have already been doing after controlled incline presses that really stretch the f..... out of my chest. to tell the truth, i think it is mainly genetic. my chest workout looks something like flex wheelers- although my chest is actually much bigger(lol). don't get me wrong, i am happy with my chest, just wanted to see if it could be wider without being bigger.:fro:

Exercises that stretch the rib-cage seem to have helped me out; things like pull-ups, where you go all the way to the bottom to get a nice stretch in the lats, and lying dumbell pullovers. I realize the pull-ups aren't specifically a chest exercise, but I believe that they do have an effect in widening the entire rib-cage. :evil:

The bones in the rib cage are permanently fused together. No exercise is going to widen the rib cage....lol

The chest will take shape once it becomes bigger, and no specific exercise changes the shape of the muscle.

Top Bottom