Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

whyyyyy do beginners always feel the need

^^^this program is not balanced. There is no horizontal pull or vertical pull. -- Is there a reason for this?

dead lift.....that is the best form of pulling.......imo

i did the dumbell rows, seated cable rows. Waste of my time. i will add wide grip pullups in a few years.

im thinking of letting go of the incline bench. and doing shoulders the same day as chest and tries. thoughts all?

Beginner here.

My definition of beginner is someone who has not worked out consistantly for at least 3 years.

My current program:

day 1: Squat( 3 sets 8 reps 245lbs last workout no wraps or belt), leg press, calvs

day 2: off

day 3: off

day 4: DL( 3 sets 8 reps 300lbs last workout, no straps or hooks ), barbell curls, hammer curls

day 5:eek:ff

day 6:Standing barbell mil press(3 sets 8 reps 115 lbs last workout)

day 7: off

day 8: Bench( 3 sets 8 reps 245 lbs last workout), incline bench, dips and tries

iv managed to stay injury free. and im growing.

for a 41 yr old im happy...

i increase 5 lbs a week till i fail to get my 8 reps. i stick at the weight till i get 3 sets of 8.

Ill go back down to 5 rep sets after this cycle. then the following cycle i go up to 10 reps.

in the beginning i felt the need to do lower reps to put more poundage on the bar. now i dont give a crap about what others think...i want to stay injury free and grow....so i will change cycles each quarter.

Just wondering were you got that workout from? Iv not seen anyone reccomend a workout with more moves for chest and arms than for back ...

Just wondering were you got that workout from? Iv not seen anyone reccomend a workout with more moves for chest and arms than for back ...

after i dl my back is done. it hits the entire back. ...and i feel it.

Im not recommending it to anyone. i posted it for people to make observations and give opinions. I thank you for yours.

I used to do rows, pulldowns and other back exercises. i was overtraining and not growing. through experimentation and time i am noticing what my body responds to best.

Any time our hands wrap around a bar we are using secondary or stabalized muscles(usually in the arms)..that includes the squat.

To your point: " workout with more moves for chest and arms than for back "

I am naturally moving away from smaller movements to the largest movements. example. im going to explore deleting incline bench and do shoulders on chest day.

in addition i am going to omit the leg press and do 3 additional working sets on the squat.

adding rowing movements/pulldowns for back will lead to overtraining and injuries.....How do i know? im injury free since i deleted them.

Your thoughts about the deletion of incline benching and extra sets on the squat omiting the leg press?

They are plagued with the childhood idea that more is better. More jelly beans are better than less jelly beans, so more training must be better than less training right?

They are plagued with the childhood idea that more is better. More jelly beans are better than less jelly beans, so more training must be better than less training right?

Ty Sir. Yes i need to continually remind myself more is not allways better. in fact its usually a bad thing.lol imo.

Top Bottom