Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which Squats would YOU choose and Why?

front squats, but rather than on the smith, get a couple 2.5 plates (the lil tiny ones) and stick 'em under your toes... that'll help keep your balance properly...

havoc said:
Cornholio, will give that a go, just needed something different, heavy squatting every week has become monotonous and hard on the mind. peace

True dat on the wearing down of the psyche. It's worse than the physical beating that your body takes

Front squats are a good exercise, no doubt, but it seems as though regular back squatting every week has gotten you your impressive physique and leg strength, so unless you are starting to experiencing pain while squatting every week, I would'nt change anything. It seems to be working. Of course, I use more of a football player and powerlifter's mentality and can't imagine not squatting every week.

Thick jumps in and fucks my head up, Thick and I have discussed this before and I actually agree with him. Thanks for fucking my shit up again bro. peace

havoc said:
Thick jumps in and fucks my head up, Thick and I have discussed this before and I actually agree with him. Thanks for fucking my shit up again bro. peace

Havoc - you don't have to squat every week to maintain or even build more size. Look at the crop of top IFBB bbers. None of them squat at this point in their career. Once you have good size, I feel that you have optimized the neural pathways so that practically any exercise, as long as it is done with intensity, will be effective at building size. Why would you continue to do an exercise if you feel stale on it?? You wouldn't do, say, straight-bar curls week in and week out and never change anything if you were stale would you??

Cornholio, thats the type of reponse I need to hear brother, word to that knowledge, peace wigga

Well, what it comes down to is what you are looking for. If you already feel you have enough size and are looking more for definition and shape, you may be better off doing some exercises other than sqauts every week. If you are still striving for more size, squatting every week will probably get you there quicker. While many pro's no longer squat, let's not forget that they got all of their size through squatting heavy for many years, but now they really can't afford the injuries that can come with squatting, not to mention the heavy drug usage allows them to keep their tremendous size without having to squat every week. you already have some impressive size and stength, so it depends on the direction you want to head...

I would like to increase my size and strength until I die, this means I am fucked. peace

No, the fact that your mother rocks you to sleep every night while humming Green Acres as you nuzzle her breasts at 25 years of age means you are fucked homie.

You're not fucked...

Thick dog said:
Well, what it comes down to is what you are looking for. If you already feel you have enough size and are looking more for definition and shape, you may be better off doing some exercises other than sqauts every week. If you are still striving for more size, squatting every week will probably get you there quicker. While many pro's no longer squat, let's not forget that they got all of their size through squatting heavy for many years, but now they really can't afford the injuries that can come with squatting, not to mention the heavy drug usage allows them to keep their tremendous size without having to squat every week. you already have some impressive size and stength, so it depends on the direction you want to head...

Thick - you make it sound like squats are the only beneficial exercise to do for legs. Look at an MRI of the muscles involved in squatting. YOu can hit those and more by doing alternate exercises.

You do NOT have to squat to build size and power. Generalities like that really give me the red-ass. Someone who is tall and long waisted would be wasting their time doing squats. They would be much better off doing leg presses or even deadlifts.

Look - when you reach a plateau on an exercise like bench, what do you do to increase you strength? Almost ALWAYS, there is a slight muscle imbalance that is preventing you from improving. If you have trouble on the lock-out, work on tris, mid-range - work on anterior delts. Work on these alternate exercises will the provide the stimulus needed for the bench poundages to start moving again.

Havoc - I understand your delima, but think of it this way. WOuld you choose to continue to pound away on an exercise that you are starting to dread(lack of focus always leads to training injuries), or once a friggin week do alternate exercises that will foucs on the smaller muscles that truly lead to an outstanding physique. Squat once every two weeks but focus on refining the other week. Don't forget that you will still be doing some form of squatting during you non-squat week.

As open minded as you are Havoc - I can't understand why this is such a hard call for you. Take a chance and make a change. What do you have to lose?

Top Bottom