Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What's up with these Protein Farts?

tricepula

Ever since I ended my cycle, I've smelled like a skunk at the dump. Does this mean that I'm taking too much protein or what?:alien:

I used to think the same thing....I mean I can let one go and have people running but then I was told if your suger level is high you will smell like shit !!!!!
I cut out sugers and the smell improved!!!
Man, they were so sick!!!

It's fun to lock the doors and windows in the car, then do it, when you have people in there.

They get this look on their face like :eek: while they're gasping for air.

And I get this look like :p while I laugh at them.

Peace,
stretch

A buddy used to quietly fart in his hand and then he'd open his hand under your nose and you'd get a real nosefull of it. I never figured out the technique, I'll have to work on it. LOL

The horrible smell is due to the bacteria in your intestinal tract, anaerobically metabolizing the protein. Anaerobic bacteria convert protein into some of the nastiest smelling compounds...even the names give away the problem: skatole, cadaverine, putrescine, etc.

To combat the problem, you might try using the Probiotic capsules, that contain Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria cultures, along with fructooligosaccharides. This will increase the competitive flora. Also, green tea has been shown to reduce anaerobes and increase Lactobacilli concentration.

I think that the way many guys prepare proetin shakes allows for a lot of air to get trapped in them.

I mix mine up with a hand mixer. Then I let it sit for a few minutes until all of that "foam" dies down. Then I stir it just a bit my hand with a spoon, and then drink it.

This helps a lot. Trust me.

Adding other stiff to the mix, like MCT oil (Udos' Oil) helps to keep the trapped air down as well.

Cockdezl has some good advice on the use of probiotics to help aid with protein digestion. Since I switched to the Dorian Yates Approved protein with probiotics, not only has the absorption and assimilation of my protein intake been increased, but also my gas output has been reduced. Although I still sometimes rip some gas-mask grabbing bombs.

Top Bottom