Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What's important for you in life? What makes you happy? What do you want the most?

solidspine said:
JD UK

Some things you realize as you get older in life,

Well i know a lot of people who are a lot older than me who value many things above money. f i ever start thinking like that then i know i won't be happy.

control... over my self. to be able to make myself do things that any disciplined human should be able to do.

cuz then if im missing something else i dont have "money, a woman, a house, etc" at least ill know im trying my hardest and am living up to my max potential.

Nobledude said:
as of now for me the most important thing is to heal up and start walking again...l

Know how you feel about the crutches! I was on them for 23 days or so...sucked.....

Health for me is huge and family.....I'm a pretty simple person, so enjoying my life, etc is what means a lot to me.....

for me its being financially stable,but not killing myself working like I am currently just to survive.

I need down time with friends and family as im a very social person,and unless i can socialize I get depressed

Re: What's important for you in life? What makes you happy? What do you want the most

jenscats5 said:
Know how you feel about the crutches! I was on them for 23 days or so...sucked.....

Health for me is huge and family.....I'm a pretty simple person, so enjoying my life, etc is what means a lot to me.....

You dont really appreciate your health until you dont have it anymore...like many other things in life we pretty much take health for granted...

Re: What's important for you in life? What makes you happy? What do you want the most

Nobledude said:
You dont really appreciate your health until you dont have it anymore...like many other things in life we pretty much take health for granted...

I agree........watching my parents die due to poor health brought it home for me......And now, since my knee thing, I SO appreciate mobility!

It seems health & sense of well-being or contentment are both on par w/ the most important in the sense that if you don't have one or the other you are limited in your ability to be good for yourself or the rest of the world.

RE: crutches -- only had the crutches for maybe a week in Jr High due to a sprained ankle, but I spent nearly 4 months w/ casts on my feet for some foot surgery. They were walking casts but I had to keep my feet propped up to deal w/ swelling and couldn't keep them down or be walking for more than 5 mins at a time w/o pain for at least 2 of those months. That sucked.

More recently - very limited w/ annoying rotator cuff & bursitis in my knees, possibly a torn meniscus - not catastrophic but they both keep me from doing much of anythign in the gym and I can see how being forced (either mentally / spiritually or physically) to be sedentary would really pull you down because you just can't get up and express yourself or just let yourself move.

The rest of course is very important - I don't have kids or my own family at the moment - my immediate family is obviously the one set of people I would drop everything for in a heartbeat. Its important to me to be able to take care of myself so money is important as it represents a degree of stability to me.

.... the rest .. sure its important.

But at the end of the day, I still put health & happiness as the two most - they are interchangeable I think as if you dont' have your health but you have lost your sense of spiritual well-being, you have nothing left to stand on.

jenscats5 said:

care to share some tips as to how one can use the crutches properly?
My sciatic never started to bother me after 18 days in crutches so far....is there a technique?

Nobledude said:
care to share some tips as to how one can use the crutches properly?
My sciatic never started to bother me after 18 days in crutches so far....is there a technique?

I developed some weird restless leg stuff from being immobile....most of it has gone away now being mobile again.....so I don't think that is the crutches as much....

Just don't let the crutches jam up into your armpits - use your arms....and try not to fall over... :worried:

Top Bottom