Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What should my new car be?

uamaverick

I'm not really planning on buying one real soon, maybe at the end of the year, but just wanted to get some opinions. I currently have a 2000 Chevy Blazer with 128k miles on it. I'm keeping my truck for several reasons:

I love it for one
No car payment/insurance is $60/mo
I need something to haul tools and parts around when needed
It's a very solid daily driver
It rides smooth
The 4.3 Vortec is a beast of a durable engine, I can push 400k miles on it easy
I'd only get $1000 in a trade in, if I'm lucky

So if I love my truck so much, why the fuck would I be looking at getting a 2nd vehicle? Well, I may and I may not. I'm still on the fence. Some of you may remember how frugal I am. It's really tough for me to think about a new car when the one I have works fine.

To put it simply enough: I think I'm finally in a good position financially to have something hardcore. I want to have a vehicle that I can completely baby: keep it covered, wash and wax every week, put turbo/body kits on it, etc. I've never done modding before, and I think it will be a fun and challenging experience.

Right now, I'm really liking the idea of going with a 350z. Some of the aftermarket parts look awesome on it. I am partial to black, here's an example of what I would like to eventually have it look like:

E2.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg227/TYCPhotography/Car Photography/Alfred/E2.jpg

I can find good 350Z's for about $15-17,000. Aftermarket body kits at about $1000 a piece; half price if I go with non Nismo.

I'd really like an Audi R8 but I don't have $180,000.

please no. the fast and furious was just a movie.

if you're so frugal and still going to take the plunge, at least buy a fuel efficient commuter car and keep the truck for your other needs.

My insurance is like 7 or 8 times yours and I don't have a bad record at all, lol. New York

If i didn't have 3 kids I was going to get a 350z roadster. I like em but there are too many of them out there. That was another reason i bought my sti. There are very few versions of mine around my area plus mine is mean as hell.

please no. the fast and furious was just a movie.

if you're so frugal and still going to take the plunge, at least buy a fuel efficient commuter car and keep the truck for your other needs.

I don't give a shit about fuel efficiency. The 350z gets better fuel milage than my blazer.

350z's arent bad cars, same engine as mine just tuned differently (05' Infiniti G35 Coupe)

Ive always been a Nissan guy, I modded a Nissan Sentra as my first car which had the SR20DE engine in it.

-Legacy

Depends on your taste and how much you want to spend. A car like that with aftermarket is going to be pushing 40-50k all said and done. If I was in your position and didn't have kids, I'd lease a BMW M3 or like the old man said, the CTS-V in all black is pretty money - I'm 34 digi so don't feel old, its a pimp ride. We got two kids now an lots of shit to haul so we're looking at a possible Denali or Escalade now.

Do you like the Japanese cars, Euro cars, or American. If I had to pick an American car I do like the new Challenger SRT8's. My neighbor who plays for the Raven's has a couple that are pimped pretty nice. Also has a custom matte black Camero with black wheels looks tits...pretty much just like this

Recent image by chunk77 on Photobucket

Top Bottom