Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just had full gyno surgery this morning (round 2)

kx250rider

I may not have said anything here last year when I had my first gyno surgery, as I was keeping it quiet for a number of reasons at the time. That one (September '13) was successful to a point, but they weren't able to get the whole thing out in one piece. Consequently, there were globs of it left, and that was bugging me. So today at 9AM, they opened me back up, and spent 2 hours digging all the rest of it out, and I see how they missed it before. It's not the usual shape (donut); mine is more like a bunch of blackberries clustered but separated. I was 100% awake, and no sedatives, no pain pills, etc. I'm not being tough; it just doesn't hurt that much AND I'm scared of pain pills other than plain Advil, etc. OTC. I had to argue with the surgeon the first time about this, but this time, he was fine with it. And I was able to eat regular breakfast, and even eat & drink during the surgery! I'm off on a tangent, but I'm just wanting to be clear that the worst part of ANY surgery is the anesthesia. You get sick, you can't eat or drink the night before, and you have a pipe shoved in your throat, and all kinds of unpleasantries. And then you're hung over for a few days after. I got up from the table, got bandaged, got in the car and drove 75 miles home. Even now, it's no more sore than after overdoing a chest workout.

Bottom line: Nothing to fear, but I would recommend that anyone who doesn't have a fear of Demerol or something to make you a bit out-of-it, should get some, because there is a lot of blood & guts to see if you're awake. I'm fascinated with watching, and have no issues with that stuff.

The prognosis is very good! Even though I had a very mild case of gynecomastia, it bothered me because I work hard to have this body, and the gyno really shows on me. I'll try to put a few pics here, but if there are issues seeing them, post up and I'll put them on another host and put a link. I have over 200 pics and 7 or 8 videos from today, and I have to go through it all... Meantime here are a couple of key shots (if they upload :confused: )

Charles

Under the knife with no sedatives, HARDCORE!

Think im gonna get my lumps sliced n diced too, after watching a youtube video gyno surgery by wlplasticsurgery dont think i could cope with no pain relief!

Honestly, it's not a big deal. I'm no tougher than anybody else, and they do procedure so routinely, that it's not any worse than a tooth pull. The only things I felt were the needle for the local, and a little heat from the electrosurgery knife. Definitely nothing that makes me a Rambo... The only thing I have that most don't, is that I don't freak out at the sight of my own blood, and I'm more fascinated by seeing surgery than grossed out by it. Here I am at 48 hours; looking like I crashed my bike into a tree. Nothing unexpected though... The worst part is (temporarily) totally losing all definition. You're looking at 5.8% body fat, but with 17 lbs of water swelling. I don't know how long it will be like this, but hopefully only a few days, then will start to go down. My best advice is to plan the surgery for a time when you're OK keeping your shirt on 100% of the time for a couple weeks at least. I'm also not allowed to lift 'til at least Tuesday for fear of tearing blood vessels, so that's hard for me to obey. I know I won't suddenly turn into a fat couch potato in a week, but it feels like I already did for not working out since last Tuesday :worried: .

Charles

Followup at 1 week: I really hate to publish this, because it really makes me a fool. But honestly I'm too stubborn to listen to advice sometimes 'til I learn the hard way. On the night of my procedure last Wednesday, I came home and basically immediately went back to normal activity (except for the gym)... But evidently I blew an artery and started a trickle hemorrhage that night, when I moved a truck without power steering (at least that's when I felt something weird, and then it got all swollen and bruised). I didn't think much about it at the time, but it got worse over the weekend. Then at my followup yesterday, I was told to "just sit quietly while they get the OR ready for an emergency procedure for me". Oh sh*t! Again, no pills, no sedation, nothing but local shots, and this time they didn't work much on the skin, and NOT AT ALL on the inside. 55 minutes of cutting, vacuuming, pulling, poking, etc etc. So the moral of the story is that I learned this the hard way, and hopefully even though I was all cocky about a fast recovery earlier in this thread, others who will be having gyno surgery might learn from my foolishness.

Charles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ectmlbqIwE0

As of this morning (Thursday), I can't believe how much better the left side is! Swelling WAY down, and even the severe bruising is nearly gone. I assumed the bruising would be with me for a month... The hard part is obeying the rules, since I'm not allowed to lift, but I feel great, and would lift right now if I hadn't already learned the hard way about too much too soon...

Charles

45 days... Despite the complication with the hemorrhage on June 17th, it's all good now. Still some scar tissue to wait out, but I'm 100% happy with the results!!! Pecs are squared off very decently now, and I have something to work with for even better results.

Charles

Top Bottom