for your significant other/spouse/someone you date? (sex is a given, so humor me with something else)
(invested interest on this one so be furreal)
(invested interest on this one so be furreal)


aww that's actually sweet.Lestat said:smile back when I smile at her

Lestat said:velvett... you are making me hot![]()
Yeah but do you feel you go in slightly blindsighted if you expect nothing?? Good point here though.cwc73 said:I'm actually talking to a girl now. I'm waiting for her to come back to my college town. We haven't done anything yet; we're like good friends right now, but we both expect more. I expect someone caring, honest, and interested in me. I have found to not expect too much because I have been screwed by the last 3 girls for being the nice guy.
habitualhealth said:Yeah but do you feel you go in slightly blindsighted if you expect nothing?? Good point here though.
If I put my entire mental, emotional, physical being into someone and the "us" factor...i expect a fair amount of effort in return. NYC girl said it well with the affection part.
nycgirl said:Respect for me & Resepect for himself
Honest with me & honest with himself
Communication
Someone that listens and will be there for me
Signs of Affection (hugs, kisses, kind words, etc)
jackangel said:someone who gets me, understands the possible nuance behind what i say,
often sees what i see, and knows how i often think and feel, without necessarily
having to discuss it.
someone who sees greatness in me, even though i may not see it myself
someone that awes me, and is awed by me. or, someone to whom i am
at least a partial mystery, and vice versa.
someone who makes me want to be a better person*
someone with whom conversation becomes more than just a way to pass the time.
someone who is full of contradictions, as i am myself.
*yes, the line is stolen from As Good As It Gets
jackangel said:someone who gets me, understands the possible nuance behind what i say,
often sees what i see, and knows how i often think and feel, without necessarily
having to discuss it.
someone who sees greatness in me, even though i may not see it myself
someone that awes me, and is awed by me. or, someone to whom i am
at least a partial mystery, and vice versa.
someone who makes me want to be a better person*
someone with whom conversation becomes more than just a way to pass the time.
someone who is full of contradictions, as i am myself.
*yes, the line is stolen from As Good As It Gets
ceasar989 said:Heyy...how you doin...![]()

lolstrangebrew said:Don't talk to me when I'm watching football.
Or any other time.
SublimeZM said:the only expectation i have is that she actually talks to me...![]()
saint808 said:sad thing is... i realize that life is not all puppy dogs and fairy dust... but how can i be so bitter so soon?
pitbullstl said:My wife is my biggest fan, as I am hers. This goes along way.
She is my best friend first, wife second. God knows where I would be without her and my girls.
Honesty, brutal, candid, honesty.
and a great ass.![]()
, someone who will listen and understand (or at least try to), someone who will not judge......pitbullstl said:She is my best friend first, wife second. God knows where I would be without her and my girls.
![]()
habitualhealth said:lol
oh wow, you and i....we'd never work out. i live for yappin'.![]()
it's reality... you play the cards you are dealt i guess and the heart can over rule the mind on decisions that can literally destroy you and your psyche, but the fact that i am still here must mean something inside is still alive. This ain't no gimmick and yeah it does suck to be me sometimes.spongebob said:i feel sorry for you, i never experience any real depression for more than 30minutes or so. it must suck to have that condition if it is that. i just cant even fathom it. ive always been an extremely happy person, not because i think its all puppy dogs and rainbows and shit, i am happy just because.
give me hug big guy.
velvett said:Tongue talents are always a HUGE plus though...[/I]
saint808 said:it's reality... you play the cards you are dealt i guess and the heart can over rule the mind on decisions that can literally destroy you and your psyche, but the fact that i am still here must mean something inside is still alive. This ain't no gimmick and yeah it does suck to be me sometimes.
The secret to being happy is to be happy. Trust me I don't want to be known as that guy who brings everyone down and at times i find that i amuse people... i just wish all that laughter would never end and this serious reality of sitting here right now this very instant realizing that i may be the only one that i ever end up knowing or letting know myself.
I am chilvarous by nature. Polite and soft spoken. when i love i give all that i have to give. It's just at the end of the day I often feel like I should have a giant white stick coming out my ass because i feel like an all day sucker.
but the important thing is that i don't dwell and i am not bitter, eh?
back to the matter at hand... i seriously have no expectations anymore, but i am hoping that will change because as people we constantly evolve and yeah, somewhere inside i know that humanity as a whole will let me down, but maybe i can find someone who realizes that.

FEISTY11975 said:Just remember this....IT DOES GET BETTER!!!
I live by that saying and believe it or not, it really does...eventually!!![]()
awesome post! If you aren't married or havent found that person (everyone)jackangel said:someone who gets me, understands the possible nuance behind what i say,
often sees what i see, and knows how i often think and feel, without necessarily
having to discuss it.
someone who sees greatness in me, even though i may not see it myself
someone that awes me, and is awed by me. or, someone to whom i am
at least a partial mystery, and vice versa.
someone who makes me want to be a better person*
someone with whom conversation becomes more than just a way to pass the time.
someone who is full of contradictions, as i am myself.
*yes, the line is stolen from As Good As It Gets
and this post gives hope to mine abovepitbullstl said:My wife is my biggest fan, as I am hers. This goes along way.
She is my best friend first, wife second. God knows where I would be without her and my girls.
Honesty, brutal, candid, honesty.
best post everdunk said:a 50/50 split in feelings, and love
actually a 110/110 but that isnt mathematically possible.
(but would be ideal)
)habitualhealth said:awesome post! If you aren't married or havent found that person (everyone)
Do you ever wonder if that person really exists for you?? (i do)
and this post gives hope to mine above![]()
best post ever
(can't believe i just said that to a "dunk" post)
ceasar989 said:Habitual, on the topic of expectations, I have found a girl that is very much what I want and vice versa...however, the only one thing as of now that stops me from taking our friendship to the next level. Her age. Now I know you are a believer in age just being a number, but she is 17, I am 19 and I guess that could be danger territory...but I really like her alot. We think so much alike that it seems like we have esp. Do you think its bad to want to persue someone underage even though all the circumstances for a good relationship are met?
Bad? No. How long has the getting to know process been? When does she turn 18? You never know the outcome until you try something. I would be careful about the underage thing. Not playing the mom card or the black cloud but you never know what people are really capable of. I would hate to see you in a situation where some girl (under age) took advantage of HER position or age with you. Proceed with caution. But have fun doing it.ceasar989 said:Habitual, on the topic of expectations, I have found a girl that is very much what I want and vice versa...however, the only one thing as of now that stops me from taking our friendship to the next level. Her age. Now I know you are a believer in age just being a number, but she is 17, I am 19 and I guess that could be danger territory...but I really like her alot. We think so much alike that it seems like we have esp. Do you think its bad to want to persue someone underage even though all the circumstances for a good relationship are met?
OK! Retracting previous statement!ceasar989 said:It's weird to, because she's partly depressed with life...and somehow that attracts me to her. It's like, I wanna help her...I wanna be the reason she looks forward to waking up everymorning and can smile. She tells me already that her life is much better since she and I became friends but I just wanna take it the next level and have her feel completely one with me and the world...have her feel happy as she should. Sounds kinda sappy, but it's rare that you find people that make you feel that way.

habitualhealth said:OK! Retracting previous statement!
Please read this carefully....YOU CANNOT CHANGE SOMEONE. I think it is VERY dangerous for anyone to get involved with someone thinking "i can help them or change them or what have you". Very not good sweets. Gosh, my dad has this great hobby in life....it's called marriage. He's on his 5th wife and I can honestly say 4 of the 5 have begun with this mentality. She's down or sick or whatever....he's the knight and shining armor to come rescue her. I will pull the age card here and say that you are FAR TOO YOUNG to be dealing with that mentality in a relationship. I just think....and feel free anyone to pipe in here if i'm wrong....but, I think there are women out there...perhaps even legal....who have it more together and could bring more to the table for you to "work with" so to speak.
If she is not happy without you....she's never going to be TRULY happy with you. It will be a facade. You may pacify her mental state when you're around....but when you're away...the depression will still be there. My suggestion.....while still in "friend mode" I would encourage her to talk to someone...even if it's her parents....to get past the depression or help controlling it. As her friend, she's going to be more receptive to you. Mommy's $.02.![]()
My dad is clincally diagnosed manic depressant....trust me, you do not want to wear that burden or pressure on your back. I still to this day am "responsible" for my father's existence. (so he says) But he's predominantly a negative in my life because that's the only thing he knows. He feeds off of my mental stability, my strength, focus, drive....all the things he lacks. But he doesn't change. Very few cases in the world does the postive person bring the negative out of their depressed state.......it's more often you see the negative/depressed person who sucks the life out of the positive and therefore bringing them down as well. You have to be a REALLY strong person mentally to maintain your strength in situations like that. If you haven't done it....i suggest doing some research on depression. So you can understand her better and also understand what your role should be for her.![]()
Eringobraugh said:nothing, never again
GoldenDelicious said:to be themselves, and not to play games
pitbullstl said:My wife is my biggest fan, as I am hers. This goes along way.
She is my best friend first, wife second. God knows where I would be without her and my girls.
Honesty, brutal, candid, honesty.
and a great ass.![]()
Hypothetical question...just wondering if everyone has expectations and if so....what they are. Even for potential suitors....tuc biscuit said:who is the guy?

then they fail at criteria number 2. kinda like asimovs 3 lawsalien amp pharm said:What if being themself IS playing games.
I know a certain someone that's good at doing that.
naw i got nonestrangebrew said:Bro, you got one that doesn't talk?
Wanna trade?
OMG! BEST POST EVER!wnt2bBeast said:communication is overrated
actions speak louder than words
anyone can communicate a bunch of lies!!!!!!
Great post soklu.SoKlueles said:Ok heres my take on things
There has to be trust between us and communication.....because if theres not that there is nothing.
I like us to go do things, even if its nothing that costs money....because he knows what i like to do....and i know what he likes.
I know its girly but cuddling is so special to me....its even more special than sex. Sex satisfies you but cuddling shows how much the SO loves you. He/she is willing to sit there and spend time with you. I like to give him massages and stuff....and it doesnt mean im after sex, it means that i love him and only him. I like him to just tell me how good the dinner is that i cook. I like when he notices little things i do for him and i like him to do little things for me.....that shows a sign of selflessness.
lol yeah whateverhabitualhealth said:Great post soklu.
Hammy...get on the ball man.![]()
Great post scots...question for you...when you realize it's not reciprocated and you actually confide in them and beg for that....at what point do you just walk away? Let's say they tell you over and over again that they love you? That they are going to try...that they will change...that they want to be with you? Do you continue to give and hope they reciprocate (as they've verbally convinced) or do you walk?Scotsman said:There is one word you need to focus on. RECIPROCATION
If you trust them they must trust you.
If you console them they must console you.
If you say I love you they must say it back and both need to really mean it.
Reciprocation means one thing in relationships. It means it isn't one sided, that neither person has to work harder than the other, that neither person is neglecting the other.
Expectations are dangerous to go into a relationship with as they can cause it's premature demise. You have to feel out the other person and figure out if the two of you can make it work or not. That's what dating is all about figuring out the other person and whether or not it's worth investing time, energy, and effort into this person. Love/lust fade fairly quickly in the scheme of things and the love/friendship had better be the strongest part. Just because someone doesn't meet the criteria on a list doesn't mean that they aren't the right one, because some bonds take time to make.
Cheers,
Scotsman
habitualhealth said:Great post scots...question for you...when you realize it's not reciprocated and you actually confide in them and beg for that....at what point do you just walk away? Let's say they tell you over and over again that they love you? That they are going to try...that they will change...that they want to be with you? Do you continue to give and hope they reciprocate (as they've verbally convinced) or do you walk?
I was being serious weirdo!! Your post was really good gomer.SoKlueles said:lol yeah whatever
but anyway......its hard for me sometimes to post how i feel about things....its like my mind and my hands work on different levels lol
well i was too lolhabitualhealth said:I was being serious weirdo!! Your post was really good gomer.
JayC9 said:trying not to sound like a godfather quote here but i don't expect anyone to be honest all the time, i do demand integrity...i need to know that regardless of what transpires, that they will still be on my side
I would actually be happy with that.Lestat said:smile back when I smile at her
Gguy9 said:i have alot of them
respect me
respect yourself
dont smoke or do drugs
just to name a few for now
habitualhealth said:Great post scots...question for you...when you realize it's not reciprocated and you actually confide in them and beg for that....at what point do you just walk away? Let's say they tell you over and over again that they love you? That they are going to try...that they will change...that they want to be with you? Do you continue to give and hope they reciprocate (as they've verbally convinced) or do you walk?
Desire for a better life and takes responsibility for their actions. Has a plan for tomorrow and their future. Does act like a wall flower. Loves adventure and sky diving.habitualhealth said:for your significant other/spouse/someone you date? (sex is a given, so humor me with something else)![]()
(invested interest on this one so be furreal)![]()

What are you talking about? I said doesn't call themselves Shadow...I never said THE Shadow.The Shadow said:fucktard
![]()
jackangel said:someone who gets me, understands the possible nuance behind what i say,
often sees what i see, and knows how i often think and feel, without necessarily
having to discuss it.
someone who sees greatness in me, even though i may not see it myself
someone that awes me, and is awed by me. or, someone to whom i am
at least a partial mystery, and vice versa.
someone who makes me want to be a better person*
someone with whom conversation becomes more than just a way to pass the time.
someone who is full of contradictions, as i am myself.
*yes, the line is stolen from As Good As It Gets
thanks for injecting some reality into this threadEringobraugh said:If you want the rainbow you have to put up with the rain.
velvett said:Nice picks.
Oh, and I WANT CARDS DAMMIT!
B'days
Valentines
Holidays
and mostly for no damn good reason.
![]()
This page contains mature content. By continuing, you confirm you are over 18 and agree to our TOS and User Agreement.
Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below 














