Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What do you run for Contest Prep?

Well that will depend on what your cycle history is. The fact that you want to come in 10-15 pounds heavier, which is very attainable, means you are going to have to bulk. I think you could do a short 4-6 week cycle asap to kick start things. An oral only cycle like D-Bol or Supedrol would do wonders. Then come off, do a full a thorough PCT and continue to lean bulk up until your contest prep. Your contest prep should start anywhere between 12-20 weeks out imo. Remember, gear will help you put on size, but the off season is more about diet then what cycle you run.

Well about two years ago I ran 250mg of test E for 10 weeks.
Since my prep is about 11 months away I plan on bulking for 6-7 months and then prep for 16-20 weeks for the contest. This past competition I did a 16 week prep.

I definitely don't want to run just an oral. I'm looking to do about a 12-16 week cycle.. Do my thorough PCT... Come off for a bit and let my body rest.. And then grind out the 16-20 week contest prep.. Thoughts on that?
Trust me, I know the importance of diet and nutrition. However I know gear can make a huge difference once your nutrition is dialed in, which it is. I was able to get to 4-4.5% BF natural at this past competition.

I would keep your bulking cycle short. Muscle gains typically start to stall around the 8 week mark. So running gear for a long period after that, if you are trying to gain size is a pretty much a waste. 12 weeks should be about the max when you are bulking imo. For pure size, I would go with a combo of test and deca, with dbol or anadrol to start. Then continue to bulk when your come off. Then start your contest prep 12-16 weeks out.. and really get your diet perfect around 10-12 weeks out.

I would keep your bulking cycle short. Muscle gains typically start to stall around the 8 week mark. So running gear for a long period after that, if you are trying to gain size is a pretty much a waste. 12 weeks should be about the max when you are bulking imo. For pure size, I would go with a combo of test and deca, with dbol or anadrol to start. Then continue to bulk when your come off. Then start your contest prep 12-16 weeks out.. and really get your diet perfect around 10-12 weeks out.

Why do you say muscle gains stall?? That doesn't make much sense to me if you are still creating stimuls and having a surplus of calories.. Your muscles with have no choice but to grow..

Also, a lot of this has to do with your goals. What you do will differ greatly whether you are doing this as a hobby just for fun.. or if you are looking to compete and to win.

Why do you say muscle gains stall?? That doesn't make much sense to me if you are still creating stimuls and having a surplus of calories.. Your muscles with have no choice but to grow..

It's because of myostatin increase and your body attempting to achieve homeostasis. To make a long story short, it doesn't matter what you put into your body, your body is still smarter than you. It will always try to adapt and overcome you try to do to change it. Myostatin reaches a peak around the 8 week mark of a cycle, so gains stall out after that. You need to come down to normal levels for a decent amount of time to let things normalize before you can go back up and see gains again.

That's just the way it all goes bro. Part of the game

Top Bottom