Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what days do cardio when bulking?

E

Elite_Fry

im bulking
i only do cardio 1 time a week after my leg routine by doing 10minutes 15% incline at a fast walk...
but i wanna start doing some more cardio to keep my fitness up
when do yous normally do cardio? what days and how long for?
thanks

I only just started really incorporating a REAL cardio routine into my normal weight training one... I used to just play street ball for cardio.

what I'm doing:
2 days a week where I'm not weight training
I'll do a run on the treadmill for 20 mins.

trying to get my heart rate within +/- 10 of 144

and then stopping the increasing intensity (from warm-up speed) of that w/u when I steady state and try to hold that.

I just started on my 2nd week so I'll keep you guys informed. My SHR has already dropped 4 points (64 - 60bpm)

e.to.the.z.

Last edited:
If your going to do cardio for fitness reasons I would first off eat alot more than you are planning to add weight. Do it whenever man, after a workout is fine just make sure you continously take in a big amount of carbs throughout the day and especially after your workout.

Even though I am a huge cardio advocate, it could work against you while bulking. Cardio has its place-everyone needs improved cardiovascular fitness, but it can definitely be catabolic.

I keep playin street ball, but also work in a few other workouts. If you did :15-20 run or bike ride after a leg workout that'd be the best time. I don't think you need to up the intensity much if any. Since you are bulking eat a lot faterwards like the other guys suggested. Lots of protein and carbs will curb any significant catabolism.

FHG

If you're bulking do not run or sprint or jog on an empty stomach, ever. It's too catabolic. As far as HIIT goes i think that style is best, short and effective.

When in a bulking phase stay away from too much cardio it is counter productive to your gains. If you must do cardio eat like mad to keep the calories you will loose from cardio.

I do two days of cardio per week, even while bulking. It's necessary for me because I put on weight/fat very easily. But they're only 20 minutes each, and never on an empty stomach like RB says.

gymtime said:
I do two days of cardio per week, even while bulking. It's necessary for me because I put on weight/fat very easily. But they're only 20 minutes each, and never on an empty stomach like RB says.

I guess we're SLOWLY wearing you down...

Top Bottom