Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What are you supposed to do when one arms is biga than another? (ecycled topic?)

blood_drinker

my right arms is considerably more powerful than my left. I hate it, because not only do they have a slight disproportion, I can't do Barbell curls, as the left one fails before the right one does, and this sort of thing pisses the living shit out of me.

What to do?:mad:

switch to dbells. use a weight that your weak arm can handle, when it fails, note the rep # and when you go to your strong arm....stop at the same rep # that your weak arm failed at. this will allow for the weak arm to catch up and thus not increase the disproportion further.

peace

Big Nate

That's good advise and it does work. My buddy was having the same problem, and within 4-6 weeks noticed his weaker arm catching up in size quickly.

Side Note: I posted a similar question regarding my pecks. Could you take a look and let me know what you think? Peace Bro....

hehe, actually i have the same problem. im still trying to figure a way out to get that fixed. its easy to do one arm bicep work but pectorals require a bit more balance to do some one side stuff. im hoping it will catch up on its own. but so far its not. hehe.

Everything said above is right on concerning dumbells. The only other bit to add is of course..start your sets with your weaker arm, i.e. your left arm.

Also, a buddy of mine used to do this. If he came to the gym to do back and biceps, and normally a person would do their back work first then their bicep work. He would start his workout with his weaker left arm. In other words He would do bicep work first for his left side only. Then do his back work, then finish with his right bicep work. His theory was your are fresh and strongest when you first walk in, so his left arm would be ready to handle heavy right away.

NOTE: Many may feel but dfoing that left bicep first may screw up his intensity on his back work for his left lat, but he used power wraps so it didnt really matter.

Sorry for the novel above.

Peace

Top Bottom