Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Well This rant has been brewing for some fucking time....

GoldenDelicious said:
im not a huge fan of the "you have to pay your dues bla bla bla" mindset, becasue its innefficient, and boysclubbish (i hate boys clubs, its bullshit.)

personally, i have no problem with people using roids from day 1, at age 18 - so long as they have the neccessary traits in place so that their training intensity/diet/dedication is subject to the neccessary discipline needed in order for a decent cost:benefit ratio to be achieved for the individual using xyz roid

that being said, the current level of roids acceptance/education in society, coupled with the instant gratification mindset spoken of above, facilitates more young people or new trainers taking the roid plunge before their neccessary training skillsets/mental mindsets have developed, leading to poor health and training outcomes

cut a long story short, we're eitehr going to stop handing out info so readily and stop make it so appealing for newbies (and the cat here is well and truly out of the bag, killing native wildlife and has gone feral as hell) OR we're going to spoonfeed info to beginners so as to eliminate the stupid band aid to body image mentality infecting so many, which imo could only be done effectively on a legislative level - ie doctors and lawmakers facilitating the process (currently the reverse is taking place)

that being said, we're talking about young people (or young at heart) and so just like alcohol and speed related deaths on our roads, in reality, unless there is HUGE public acceptance and education about sustainable, sensible roid use...its not going to stop.

bodybuilding and muscle bellies are mainstream now, meaning we get our share of mainstream idiots...and not to be too pessimistic, but most people are really, really stupid. the twits are here, and theyre staying

also, next time you rant, please put in some sex references. thanks ;)
unfortunately, 99 out of 100 times the training intensity/diet/dedication (or lack thereof) and wanting a shortcut go hand in hand. at the end of the day, if someone chooses to do so it's their own problem - because it's their body and their health and since this is the internet i don't know them personally so it makes no difference to me. so obviously they are free to go ahead and be stupid. what i do have a problem with is these guys starting out at 130lbs and with a few cycles under their belt, 160lbs of internet muscle and a couple of thousand posts on EF, they then start dishing out advice to noobs - every thread by an 18 yr old noob who asks what cycle he should be running and there has to be one guy who will say something like "you guys who say 18 yr old noobs shouldn't be juicing, get off your high horse... blah blah blah". that is just plain irresponsible.

C3bodybuilding said:
I agree with many posts in this thread. There are actually too many to highlight. I am glad this was brought to light. I was introduced to all of this when I was 21 by a 32 year old mentor. I was working out seriously and into the lifestyle since 16. I had went from 144.5lbs exactly on the day I started to 217-220 natural, depending on the day. It took a lot of kitchen and gym time to get that way and still remain lean with small waist, but it was worth the effort.

After a year of research, a lot of thought and exhausting every natural means possible to add more size, I then looked at the risk/reward benefit to it all. Was this something I wanted badly? If it were just to get a beach body or the male model look, then no. I found out with hard work in the gym, bedroom and kitchen, you could attain that look naturally and never need more than protein powders, vitamins and creatine (if that). I wanted to go beyond. Not for a trophy, fear, respect, power or girls. I wanted it for me. It's a look I love. I just love the feeling of being in the gym, lifting that iron. I love seeing new mass when I look into the mirror or try on an old shirt.

I love the superhuman strength it gives me for every day life too. I couldn't imagine having trouble picking up a 2lb water jug or running out of breath after walking from my car to the store. It's just amazing to me and the good feeling I get within from being this way. It is not to be superior to others, to be a bully or a hero. To be honest, it's just something I found that makes me feel good in life.

Would I feel this way if I had never worked for it? No. I would be one of those guys that thinks with one or two cycles he could become bigger than Ronnie Coleman. I would sit there and wonder if you had to take steroids to get that Brad Pitt in Fight Club look. I might even be as pathetic as to think the bench was some holy grail and symbol of strength and maybe actually like it when people ask "How much can ya' bench?!". I actually think if I were to have gotten involved without working hard and bulding a base first, I would be far worse off in many aspects. I might even be one of those 'wife beater tough guys'. I don't even think I need to explain that type, we all know one of them.

I see Ulter points out all the bodybuilders from Elite are gone. I respect Ulter and I understand what he means. I remember in 99 and 2000 when I first would lurk on here. You should have seen the hardcore crowd that was here. The cycles would seem insane even by todays standards. And I loved it. I loved it so much that I finally stepped out into the light and signed up. I made it my home. But make no mistake, bodybuilding and bodybuilders are not dead on this board. I see the fire still burning deep within many members here and I see it in the dedication of the veterans that still remain, answering even the most mundane and silly questions, even if it is "Can I drink winny?"..... Fantastic post Quadsweep, it's great to still have a fantastic bro like you on the board.

I've always liked this fellow! :coffee:

silver_shadow said:
~ 210 comp weight if i'm not mistaken :)
Yeah thats close! I hope to pull out like 213 this time out@ like 3.3%! :p

Q.

silver_shadow said:
unfortunately, 99 out of 100 times the training intensity/diet/dedication (or lack thereof) and wanting a shortcut go hand in hand. at the end of the day, if someone chooses to do so it's their own problem - because it's their body and their health and since this is the internet i don't know them personally so it makes no difference to me. so obviously they are free to go ahead and be stupid. what i do have a problem with is these guys starting out at 130lbs and with a few cycles under their belt, 160lbs of internet muscle and a couple of thousand posts on EF, they then start dishing out advice to noobs - every thread by an 18 yr old noob who asks what cycle he should be running and there has to be one guy who will say something like "you guys who say 18 yr old noobs shouldn't be juicing, get off your high horse... blah blah blah". that is just plain irresponsible.
i agree, but unfortunately, thats the nature of the game - illicit drug taking attracts those types of personalities, whether they be risk takers or, well...morons

im a strong pro choice advocate, so in a perfect world there would be roid clinics where you could go in and have your levels/weight/diet checked by appropriate health professionals and have access to psych personell for management of associated mental issues, either developed as a result of roid use, or latent issue that come out.

the reality is more insidious and unfortunately, here to stay - so we have to switch to a harm minimisation mindset, which is why im risking my professional credibility giving advice on a roid board. ive had more than one discussion with doctors pharmacists that go along the lines of:

me: yah, there was this roider with xyz problem on a board i frequent..
anotehr pharmacist/doctor: what! you associate with people who take steroids?!?!!
me: yes of course. if we have methadone programs to help heroin users adn alcohol programs to help alcoholics, why shouldnt i take the time to help a bunch of otherwise healthy guys maximise the benefit of what theyre doing and minimise harm. ignoring steroids isnt going to make them go away, and besides, why should they? we happily let 16 year old girls butcher their breats legally for $10 000 and are jealous of the surgeon driving his ferrari, why not help a guy safely get some nice pecs? you guys all have your heads up your arses, wht the fuck is the matter with you, you cant do fuck all if youre not at ground zero

(this said to a guy 20 years my senior, whose jaw hit the floor - but wtf was he going to say? ;) )

GoldenDelicious said:
im risking my professional credibility giving advice on a roid board. ive had more than one discussion with doctors pharmacists that go along the lines of:

me: yah, there was this roider with xyz problem on a board i frequent..
anotehr pharmacist/doctor: what! you associate with people who take steroids?!?!!
me: yes of course. if we have methadone programs to help heroin users adn alcohol programs to help alcoholics, why shouldnt i take the time to help a bunch of otherwise healthy guys maximise the benefit of what theyre doing and minimise harm. ignoring steroids isnt going to make them go away, and besides, why should they? we happily let 16 year old girls butcher their breats legally for $10 000 and are jealous of the surgeon driving his ferrari, why not help a guy safely get some nice pecs? you guys all have your heads up your arses, wht the fuck is the matter with you, you cant do fuck all if youre not at ground zero

(this said to a guy 20 years my senior, whose jaw hit the floor - but wtf was he going to say? ;) )
lol nice :artist:

Top Bottom