Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Well This rant has been brewing for some fucking time....

Someone should spend years living the bb lifestyle[training,diet,dedication] before ever trying gear.Most people don't know what they want to start with and if the gains don't come quick enough they will just quit anyway.Why take a chance messing up your body on something you are not 100% commited too?

good point Q - but just something i'd like to point out. it takes a guy like quad no less (all 210 moderator pounds of him) to say something like this here nowadays. i made a similar comment here some time ago in someone's thread and got flamed no end for it. that is just sad. it's good to know that some of the old bros are still here though and will keep things somewhat orderly :)

I know exactly what you mean Quad. I hate the instant gratification everyone now thinks they are intitled to. But at the same time I'm not sure what the answer is. I do think as bad as this board can be filled w/ asinine newb. questions, it's far better than your local gym rat spewing diahrea of the mouth about what to take. I couldn't count the guys at my gym that will come up and ask me do I know where they can get some winny and they're 30% or more BF. I waited til' I was 34 before doing my first cycle and had 7+ yrs. training prior. I will also admit alot of my reasoning for taking gear is for vanity. But I feel as if I've paid my dues and use responsibly through education on here as well as other places. I can't say the same for alot of people here. I say this b/c everyday you see a thread about some newb. wanting advice on his 1st or 2nd cycle and he'll have 4 or more compounds listed :worried: . And here's the kicker. If he gets sound advice from a vet, he'll all too often ignore it until he get's the aswer he's looking for. I guess it's our job somewhat to keep trying to educate these guys and keep reminding them of the potential health risks when going into this haphazardly.

Thread of the week? Give the man something more than K George.

Great post!

Q.
MR. BMJ said:
Heck....2 years???? That is rare today.

We might have to drop that to at least 1 year because all I see around here lately is "i've been training for 6 months and I want to get big but stay lean....."...blah, blah, blah.

I think for older aged people who qualify for HRT, the time requirement will vary, and if needed, I do not really see a problem in lessening the time until AAS are used.

I am proud that I was a part of the AF "Age of Initiation" thread that was created a few years ago. I had a very small part, but am proud that it has been a guideline that has been followed by those who created it. I think that EF should put it up as a sticky here as well. That would help this board out a lot too.

On the other hand, like Ulter mentioned, I am glad to be here to answer questions on the matter instead of the inexperienced jumping into something harmful. If somebody is gonna jump into the mix, they are gonna have "deaf ears" just like you mentioned. I guess I would rather them still do it correctly as to prevent worse damage to this lifestyle by making stupid mistakes that make the next headline of the newspaper.

I was one of those who started at 18 years old. I at least worked out from 13/14 to 18 consistently, but wish I would have started my use at like 21 years old instead. Peer pressure was a bitch though, and I can see how some of these newbies want to jump into things. I'm glad nothing bad ever happened to me though. I was on pretty much non-stop from 18 to 22 years old. I learned a lot about AAS during that time, but since I was not in any kind of competitive sport, it probably would have been better just to wait until I was at least 21 years old. Man, them early-late nineties were a blast....and in a way, a time where i'll cherish forever. I learned a lot on my own not only from use, but also the whole Mexico and International scene. Also, that is when I also had a lot of good bro's here at the early-EF days who gave me some help to make sure I didn't f-up.

Any newbies to the game, please understand that I agree with my good buddy Quad. I can attest through my own trials and errors (and from numerous of my friends) that waiting until you are at least 21 years old is probably gonna be beneficial in the long run. Please understand that unless you have money in athletics riding on the line, that you are not gonna miss anything by waiting a few extra years. Besides, if you have no game with the ladies, then most of the time your body will not be enough to get ya in her pants (although it will help to some degree I guess). I see a bunch of retards all the time that think they are hot shit because they have a good build.....yeah...so F-in what....the bitches are over there making fun of how stupid you are when you have your back turned to them because you have no game. Shit, it's happened to me plenty of times in the past. You are not missing anything trust me.

For those 18+ years old users, do yourself a favor......CONCENTRATE ON YOUR COLLEGE EDUCATION! That is the most important thing you can do for yourself and for your future. AAS and bodybuilding isn't gonna make ya rich, in fact, it will probably make ya broke if anything because this lifestyle isn't cheap. Successful BB's are a very, very, very small breed....do yourself a favor and do not get caught up in the game thinking you are gonna be the next Arnold or Yates or Jay/ronnie.

Bust your ass in the gym and also on your eating.....get your education and have some fun while you are young. Fuck lots of women and then settle down. Sometime after your education and after you have put in your dues busting your ass in the gym, etc.....then jump into AAS use.

I do not see any problem being young and learning about AAS use though...do not get me wrong on that. Learn all you can, even if you are young, but just pay your dues and everything will work out a lot better in the end.....again....concentrate on education first. After all them years of learning and paying your dues, then you can jump right in the AAS game, and be able to enjoy it.

That was just addressing the younger guys. Those of you just jumping back in the mix who are above 21 and just too young for HRT.....put some time in and do not be one of those "I've been training for 4-6 months and I...." stats here at EF. Shit, at least a year would be good.

....F*ck man....i'm writing too much on this. hopefully I made some sense though, and hopefully people do not take it the wrong way.

Peace my friends!

BMJ

silver_shadow said:
good point Q - but just something i'd like to point out. it takes a guy like quad no less (all 210 moderator pounds of him) to say something like this here nowadays. i made a similar comment here some time ago in someone's thread and got flamed no end for it. that is just sad. it's good to know that some of the old bros are still here though and will keep things somewhat orderly :)
228#! :) That is sad also BTW!

Quad

youngguns said:
shit man well said, it's too true. I am sure I will do them before 21 though, When I turn 20....
I will be 200lbs at 5'8'', I think I have earned it.

is it just me... or do ur pics look at fuck of a lot like beautiful bisex?

was he an alter of yours????????

:theshadow

If I were 18 again and had the options the kids do nowadays I don't know if I'd be any smarter than them. Back then the only way to get the stuff was from the guy selling in the gym, and it was at his discretion if you were getting it.

That said, I wonder how many people were anywhere near the old 'Hardgainer' strength standards for an average guy with a few years lifting under his belt, or are even close to them after running several cycles. The beachbody wannabes (who I dislike intensely both online and in the gym) ridicule the suggestion they should have any kind of base before using AAS, as they have no strength base and are happy having to use steroids to be 180lbs. When I see some posts here I wonder if the people making them were always picked last for playground games...

OMEGA said:
At least you don't have people in your gym ( like mine)
with Imaginary Lat syndrome, thats the worse...........

Thanks for clearing up with ILS meant. You mean you guys don't walk around with your arms flared out like an airplane. You guys must not be working out correctly.

Agree with 95% of the original post. Mainly because somethings can be adjusted and who's to say how long something is in terms of paying dues.

For the guy who brough up Gates and Moneymaker, good try, but that is in no way relevant to this topic. You don't pay dues in those sports. If your good your good and thats it.

I started training at about 16-18, mostly on and not knowing as much as I did until I was 18. Didn't start steroids until 20, almost 21. Even at 20, I was learning a lot more about nutrition and my body in terms of working out. I'm 25 now, and I'm still learning a lot now.

I agree with many posts in this thread. There are actually too many to highlight. I am glad this was brought to light. I was introduced to all of this when I was 21 by a 32 year old mentor. I was working out seriously and into the lifestyle since 16. I had went from 144.5lbs exactly on the day I started to 217-220 natural, depending on the day. It took a lot of kitchen and gym time to get that way and still remain lean with small waist, but it was worth the effort.

After a year of research, a lot of thought and exhausting every natural means possible to add more size, I then looked at the risk/reward benefit to it all. Was this something I wanted badly? If it were just to get a beach body or the male model look, then no. I found out with hard work in the gym, bedroom and kitchen, you could attain that look naturally and never need more than protein powders, vitamins and creatine (if that). I wanted to go beyond. Not for a trophy, fear, respect, power or girls. I wanted it for me. It's a look I love. I just love the feeling of being in the gym, lifting that iron. I love seeing new mass when I look into the mirror or try on an old shirt.

I love the superhuman strength it gives me for every day life too. I couldn't imagine having trouble picking up a 2lb water jug or running out of breath after walking from my car to the store. It's just amazing to me and the good feeling I get within from being this way. It is not to be superior to others, to be a bully or a hero. To be honest, it's just something I found that makes me feel good in life.

Would I feel this way if I had never worked for it? No. I would be one of those guys that thinks with one or two cycles he could become bigger than Ronnie Coleman. I would sit there and wonder if you had to take steroids to get that Brad Pitt in Fight Club look. I might even be as pathetic as to think the bench was some holy grail and symbol of strength and maybe actually like it when people ask "How much can ya' bench?!". I actually think if I were to have gotten involved without working hard and bulding a base first, I would be far worse off in many aspects. I might even be one of those 'wife beater tough guys'. I don't even think I need to explain that type, we all know one of them.

I see Ulter points out all the bodybuilders from Elite are gone. I respect Ulter and I understand what he means. I remember in 99 and 2000 when I first would lurk on here. You should have seen the hardcore crowd that was here. The cycles would seem insane even by todays standards. And I loved it. I loved it so much that I finally stepped out into the light and signed up. I made it my home. But make no mistake, bodybuilding and bodybuilders are not dead on this board. I see the fire still burning deep within many members here and I see it in the dedication of the veterans that still remain, answering even the most mundane and silly questions, even if it is "Can I drink winny?"..... Fantastic post Quadsweep, it's great to still have a fantastic bro like you on the board.

Top Bottom