Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weightloss Plateau

I have weekly coaching sessions with my boss as we have to be on the program that we are coaching people in. I am pretty new to all of this so everyone's advice has been great and have taken all advice that has been given.

I went to the doctor to get a checkup, turns out that because I have lost so much weight and have had a very acidic body, it turns out that I have to alkaline my system to begin to lose weight again.

I now eat clean again, but try very hard not to mix my proteins and carbs. I get a healthy balance of both a day, just not at the same time :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using EliteFitness

Turns out... the training I was doing was nowhere near enough... I now train at Crossfit. Best I've ever felt health wise, technique wise and just full on amazing. Weight does not even matter anymore :D

A week refeed is too much. After 2 weeks of dieting, a single day refeed is enough to trick your body into losing weight again. I like to target a 1000 calorie daily deficit using diet and cardio and do a single refeed day every 2 weeks. I am able to drop 2.5 lbs / week easily this way.

Once you start getting very lean you will need to decrease the time between refeed days but still keep it at one day. My rule of thumb is > 15% BF one refeed day every two weeks - 11% - 15% one refeed day every week, and < 11% one refeed day after 3 days of dieting. I'm a male though not sure how this would apply to you.

I am a skeptic, I don't believe in detoxing and all that crap. Its about energy in / out and trying to avoid your body adjusting to the low calorie diet (homeostatis). I've been there when dieting too hard and for me I can tell its happening because I feel cold all the time due to my body reducing its calorie expendature.

On a refeed day, I eat at my maintenance but use mostly easily digestable carbs like breads, sugars and pasta.

I too have helped several people lose weight and this approach has always worked. The major problem I've had is firstly overestimating calorie expendature of exercise (cardio/weightlifting) and estimating calorie content of food.

Thanks man... I think I tricked myself into believing all that crap purely because I was desperate to lose weight and trying all the quick fixes.

Top Bottom