Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weightloss Plateau

fitness_angel

Hi Guys. ..

From september last year I have been a clean eater and fitness junkie. I still have 10kg of bodyfat to lose and a lot more kg to get to my goal weight of 60kg.

At the moment I am currently sitting in between 74/73kg and have been stuck there for the past four months. I would like to get down to 68kg by the end of August.

It doesn't matter how much I change my diet (healthily of course) my weight stays the same. bodyfat has hit a plateau as well.

Any advice please?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using EliteFitness

This is my average day plan... this is the boost metabolism phase 3000 calories a day, its a lot of food especially for me. With this phase I pick up about a kg or two then when I go onto the diet phase 1500 calories I go back to 73kg and stop.

I do strength training 4x a week. Total body workout. 30 minute muscle overload... I run 3km twice a week and enagage in zumba classes once a week.

How long are do you go through the "boost metobolism" phase. That isn't a bad idea at all. Although I think 3000 calories is a bit too much.

You may also be over training a bit. If you hit the gym and weights hard, there is no reason to do a full body workout 4 times per week. 3 times would be the max imo. I would up your cardio just a tad bit. Try doing some light cardio in the morning on an empty stomach, and then some light cardio after weight training. Nothing to serious. Then continue with your zumba and runs.

Are you taking any kind of supplement to aid in your fat loss?

I'm 19, 1,64m.

the diet phase I usually stay on for a week. then change the eating plan to a maintenance phase or up to the metabolism booster phase... on those one to two weeks. if I pick up weight very quickly then I drop to the diet phase. if I don't gain then I stay on the maintenance phase (2000 calories) for two weeks.

You see NP, I work in a womans wellness centre and we focus on metabolism and strength training. My coach is trying to help me but I have been stuck in this plateau for about 4 months.

I was on the USN supplements and protein shake.

I now use the evox lean protein shake from work when I can afford it.

Do you recommend any good supplements? I quite enjoyed the usn range.

The funny thing is, I havr studied nutrition and sports science and I have helped many people get out of this plateau zone, so you can imagine I am stumped.

Ultimately we all want to be able to eat 3000 calories and not put on weight easily. The trick there is to boost the metabolism. Its A LOT of food for me especially because I was ignorant when I was younger in trying to lose weight with other fad diets.

I stay on the 3000 calories for a week. Then go back to the 1500 in the next. I never stay on the 1500 or 3000 for longer than a week.

So.. are you trying to put on muscle or lose fat? Once you reach a certain level of fitness.. it is very hard to do those things at the same time, especially for a women. I would change from doing a weekly caloric change, to doing a daily one. Incorporate carb cycling into your diet, with medium and low carb days. This will help keep your metabolism high, while keeping your muscle fed.. but also created a caloric deficit that will help in the fat loss.

Some good supplements would be l-carnitine, BCAAs, and maybe a thermogenic fat burner.

I am trying to lose fat. I need to get that down drastically.

I was always an overweight child and it was due to different emotional and health circumstances. I was 40% bodyfat. I am now 29.8%. I am still at risk of diabetes and heart disease.

I will definitely try what you have said, I'm in no position to say no :) so thank you!

Will check those supplements out too... Thank you :)

Top Bottom