Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Weak-Point Training

I will just focus on overall mass and strength gains for now.

lol this is the only thing to focus on!!! I quoted you, but I didn't mean to miply that toward you. I have seen your pictures and you are jacked bro. I meant that for Timmy No Neck who spends all his time curling and wonders why he's so small.

weak point training is something that one should only worry about if you have more than 3 lbs. of body mass per inch of height at a respectable bodyfat level (at least an outline of abs showing...so probably 15% or less). Until then you just need more lean mass. So lack of lean mass would be that individual's weak point!

weak point training is something that one should only worry about if you have more than 3 lbs. of body mass per inch of height at a respectable bodyfat level (at least an outline of abs showing...so probably 15% or less). Until then you just need more lean mass. So lack of lean mass would be that individual's weak point!

Good answer. I am shooting for 4lbs per inch:p

lol this is the only thing to focus on!!! I quoted you, but I didn't mean to miply that toward you. I have seen your pictures and you are jacked bro. I meant that for Timmy No Neck who spends all his time curling and wonders why he's so small.

I know you weren't bro. I just said that because I really want to get bigger. Thanks for the compliments. :supercool

yes my left bicep was a little weaker than the right. doing a few extra reps on the last set balanced her out.

I put it down to jackin off with my right hand

First you have to define weak point. To me it's whatever the weakest link in the chain of strength in. Used to be my grip as my body could pull more weight than I could hang onto. Now it's pure core strength.

I don't look at it as trying to prioritize an are I just figure out what to change to be more effective. For grip I added in some extra work like grip holds and I stopped using straps except on my heaviest rack pull days.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Giving priority to an underdevelop muscular group... assuming that you already have a solid muscular base. This not for the skinny newbie who wants big bis when his entire body needs size.

You can either give extra work to that weak point, or actually not working it that much at all because it might not grow due to the excessive work volume.

I think it's often (read often, not always) next to impossible to get "weak points" up to scratch if a guy has been hitting the weights for many years. How many bodybuilders have we seen who never got their calves or quads up to scratch.

Marcus Ruhl could never get his triceps up to par with the rest of him no matter what he did. Surely training it more or training it less cannot work. The only thing I can think of would be to not train the rest of the body for a while and only the weak part...this is not practical and I doubt anyone would try this.

I think in most cases we are fighting genetic potential that just isn't there for the weak part.

First you have to define weak point. To me it's whatever the weakest link in the chain of strength in. Used to be my grip as my body could pull more weight than I could hang onto. Now it's pure core strength.

I don't look at it as trying to prioritize an are I just figure out what to change to be more effective. For grip I added in some extra work like grip holds and I stopped using straps except on my heaviest rack pull days.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Do you feel like not using straps really makes your grip stronger?

I have felt this in my traps training.

Top Bottom