Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Viable?

That is the second time you referred to me as "pro".

Dude, I'm 19. I'm not a pro.

I have never lifted in a meet, I have never referred to myself as a pro so I don't know why you keep calling me one.

Thanks for calling me small, I guess if I am small, but I lift so much more than you, than that makes you big and weak.

Try not to be a duesh, we are just trying to help you. You are the one who asked for advice, remember?

What I meant about the 500 lbs. deadlift is that at your height and weight you should be able to do that. I am 5'9 198 and I can pull 475. It was a compliment, your built well for dead lifting. But at your current strength,I am 1RMaxin on my bench what you can dead lift. I am not trying to have a pissin contest here, all I am saying is that you have good size that your not making use of because you are not going heavy.

You put two men on an island.

One man you give a barbell loaded with 135 lbs, 2 big plates. That guy will only be able to get so big working with that weight, by only using submaximal weight he will only be able to get so big, no matter how many reps and circuits he does with that. The limiting factor will be that he can only put 135 lbs. on the bar. You simply can not get bigger and stronger working with low weight.

The second guy you give him a barbell with unlimited weight and the only thing limiting him will be his genetics.

oh yea lol. thanks for the time man.

You really think i could pull 500 lbs? Maybe if I had an alpha moment I could do it. otherwise I'm gonna have to build up to it. Who the hell just deadlifts 500 lbs after a few months of training?

Wait a second here. I can't get bigger using low weights? I'm already bigger than you. I got this way with low weights. Yea your stronger but you've been in the game for longer. I could catch up.

Last edited:
Haha you're bigger than us because you're 6' tall and have a larger frame. Mike is standing at 5'9" I believe and I'm 5'7". I started seriously weight training at about 170 lbs. I outweigh you on a bulking cycle but right now I'm leaning out just a bit...so I can bulk again and throw around some heavier weights. At your size you can and should catch up at least on deads, but it's going to take some poundage to do that.

If your 1RM is 350, I wouldnt recommend trying to have that alpha moment as serious injury may occur. With stronglifts I wouldnt be surprised if you added 10 lbs to your deadlift 5RM every week for 8-10 weeks if you stuck with it...

Just weighed in at 223 after a big ass shit. Either I'm genetically superior to you people, or high volume is the answer. Why in the fuck should I fix what isn't broken?

Because your bigger than most of the people on this board, but your weaker than my little sister.

For 223 lbs. your not strong. Like at all. Your dead lift is 1.5x your bodyweight. That pretty bad. Your basically bragging that your fat, because for the amount of weight you haul it sure as shit ain't muscle.

lol my fat levels fine.
i tried posting a link to explain how test levels increase with high volume but the boards wont let me. its a t-nation article that more or less defends my strategy. im plenty strong guy im just not anywhere near competition level which is expectable. ill compete with ya for workload tho. id rather get a higher t spike and grow than bust my balls trying to lift more weight. im much better off lifting weight i know i can lift easily and slowly upping the weight. i become good at everything i do, in time i'll be lifting mroe than you, i just gotta do this my way. we all cant be pros liek you ^_~

Last edited:
All I can say is good luck. Hopefully you stay in the game, though chances are if you do not adapt you'll get frustrated and go through some other phase. If you ever begin to understand vital concepts such as progressive load, neurological adaptation and training specificity you will wish you had tried some other methods sooner.

At 6' and 223 lbs I'd say you are pretty much genetically average. Something is certainly broken when you are relatively weak, unable to stick to a proven routine, feel the need to ask routine advice yet are driven by an ego so strong that you will not allow yourself to adapt. It's almost as if you started this thread with the intention of trying to prove everyone else wrong...but the proof is in the iron. The weights just aren't getting moved. I don't care how much volume you get out of a bodyweight deadlift, at some point it's comparable to lifting some plastic-capped 8 lb. dumbells for a few hours.

i think you read too far into it.

Not a chance, weaver is right on the money. Most cocky assholes like to post up BS numbers and talk smack.

You post up weak numbers, and talk smack.

I didn't know trolls existed on weightlifting forums.

I'm now convinced that is what you are so this thread is a waste.

Top Bottom