Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Traps

I had the same problem bro and trust me now they have come out very well. I do incline bench shrugs and they have demolished my traps and thickened them too. Barbell shrugs are good and each week i change grips a bit to hit in different ways same with barbell shrugs from behined. but incline shrugs are awesome give them a go

face on bench on a high incline and shrug them up and hold and slowly bring them down till you feel a good stretch

Kaytime: I never heard of those. Tomorrow is shoulders so I'm gonna give that a go thanx for your input.

first time you do it it will feel akward sitting face to bench and holding weights but you get use to it. just make sure the incline is high enough that you feel it more in your upper traps. hold and squeeze

I do deads and work up to 1 main heavy set of 2-5 reps

I do shrugs and hit 1 or 2 sets of anywere from 15 reps to 40 reps. Usually 20-30 though.

I haven't done a shrug in years, yet my traps get a lot of attention. I've found the best way, for ME anyway....bent-over lateral raises, and lateral raises.

grab a couple of 70 pounds dumbells do 1 set 50 reps twice a week,
Not really sure how you came to that conclusion seeing as how nobody in this thread knows a single shred of information about the OP's strength/weight/height/routine.

Not really sure how you came to that conclusion seeing as how nobody in this thread knows a single shred of information about the OP's strength/weight/height/routine.

Yeah you're right. 70 lbs is a lot of weight for me right now. I'm a pretty small framed guy. I'm 5'5"-5'6" and weigh 135 now was 140. I just had a fight on Saturday so I cut weight but gaining it back. I've been trying out everyone's suggestions and have improved with my traps so thank you to everyone. My strength and size of them is Way better than it was two weeks ago when I posted this thread. I've always done dumbbell shrugs. My routine with them was: start off with 55-60 lbs and go to failure then lower weight by 5lbs and go to failure and repeat until I get to 30lbs dumbbells. By then I'm only able to do about 8-9 reps before failure

I do different exercises all the time for them but the main ones for me is shrugs, db and barbell. I have thrown in concentration barbell shrugs very slow and hold at the top. And I'm not sure what the proper name is but I use the cable row bench and put the rope on the cable. Instead of rowing like a traditional row, bring it up toasted your chin. I usually put low weight on the pin and concentrate on form. Those have worked along with others but those are my favorites.

Top Bottom