Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training for "SHAPE" pure bull****? Or it has some merit?

S

SSAlexSS

Hello all!

We all know that "concentration curls" "make" bicepos higher. Preacher curls make lower bicep head bigger, barbell curls do mass, if you hold barbell this and that way , this and that muscle part of bicep will get bigger.

Is it all blatant lies? Genetics? Does a muscle knows what it is being trained for, or it grows according to what genetics say?

To my question: Is plain squat enough to target all quadriceps? Or I need to have additional squat sets
for inner, outer, tear drop, etc thigh?

Any ideas?

reply please! Thanks!

well comparing me to my friends-

they do lots of preacher machine curls and nothing else period. their biceps are peaked but thin and theirs almost nothing other than a tiny peak

i do lots of standing curls. my bicep is visible along the whole of that portion off my arm (delt to elbow) when flexed and the peak is 'nt as pronounced theirs a lot mor round it

so i guess so.

also in squats, depending on whether u V shape yer eet or have em parallel u work different areas of the leg more.

(and i do tell em to stop doing what they doin, but they not listen so i not bother no more)

shape movements are b.s. training for cuts though (purposely doing exercises to bring out striations is possible)

I'm not saying that isolation movements are worthless by any means, just that you will not change the shape of a SPECIFIC muscle by doing a movement.

Sometimes i think this subject has as much worth as the spot reduction topic.........

But then i was thinking what if the exercises i did or the way i did them affected things in the muscle like shaping the fascia differently (dont know if its possible.......im yet to read up about it :p )

But until i find out more i will say genetics genetics genetics.

But there are a few things that there are to note.

I have never done a scott/preacher curl.....and i started noticing a gap between my elbow and bicep.......thats gone now since i started doing them. I think thats got a lot to do with stretching the muscle out

then other things which have nothing to do with muscle shape.......but can affect their apperance......

Like my triceps. I have never done kick backs and the back head of my tricep was underdeveloped.......it wanst that horse shoe shape......im doing kick backs now and it seems to be helping

Merit? Yes, but very very little.

You can stress an muscle from different angles but unfortunately muscle shape is at least 90% genetic.

look at this

Foe about two monhes now...

The only exercises I do are:
DIPS
CHINS
SQUATS
CALF RAISE
ARM EXERCISES 2

I went from 212lbs to 225lbs All natural. My muscles will grow due to my genetics.

The guys who promulgated this idea , chiefly Robert Kennedy and Vince Gironda weren't exactly huge, though Vince did have terrific muscularity. Robert had nothing, ever.

Top Bottom