Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

TITAN Training...update...WAHOO..I LOVE this SH@#!

overtraining

Today will be my second day of Titan Training, and yesterday was definitely a kick-ass workout. It also took me about an hour-ten, but my rests in between exercises may have been a little too long. My question is, from everything I've read it seems that working a bodypart THREE times a week HAS to be overtraining! I mean, I lifted chest last thursday and when I had to do volume training with it yesterday it still wasn't recovered. Does the fact that I'm not going to failure, coupled with volume training one day and heavy the other, avoid overtraining??

incidentially, while I was in the gym yesterday big Mike Katz (who owns the gym I go to in his hometown - and mine- of North Branford, CT) came over and started giving me some free advice on my squats! It was awesome to meet him, he's a great guy. For those who dont' know Mike or want a good lifting movie, WATCH 'PUMPING IRON'!!

I'll be honest with you in that I'm not really sure off the top of my head as to how you avoid overtraining. You are probably doing 1/3 the number of sets you would normally do on a regular workout day. Like for instance day 1, you're doing 3 sets of chest, day 2, you're 5 sets and day 4 (muscle rounds) you're doing...well the muscle rounds are all fucked up...haha...so I don't know what's even considered a set. Importance of not going to failure though still sticks out in my mind from the video and the book as to one of the reasons for not overtraining. They talk a good deal about this topic in the book and video actually. Good luck on the muscle rounds! :D :D

Second day of Titan Training complete, and my legs are wasted. I had trouble walking this morning.

I'm wondering, for the base training, what percentages of your 1RM are you doing for each set? I did incline dumbbell press before doing dumbbell shoulder press, and by the time I got to shoulder press I was doing only about 70% of the amount of weight I normally do.

Muscle rounds begin tomorrow.

I do have a few questions:

1) What specific exercises does Leo Costa Jr. recommend on each day of training (does he recommend any in particular? Should it be mixed up each week? Held consistent?). I'd greatly appreciate it if either MonStar or tronious could type up what is recommended for each day of training.

2) On the base training am I supposed to be doing as much weight as I would if I was doing only 3 sets of say 8 reps? More weight? Less weight?

3) Sometimes I'm reaching failure at some lower weights because of the intensity of the training. Will this effect my progress? Should I just go with the lighter weights to meet the suggested reps, or should I do forced reps with the help of a spotter?

4) How long is it recommended to stay on this routine? 6 weeks, then rotate off and do another routine? Or, six weeks, one week off, six weeks, one week off, etc.?

5) Is there ever a specialization week? A week where you might focus on certain muscles more than usual? If so, what would this routine look like.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Leviathan...you said you finished day 2 of TITAN training and muscle rounds begin tomorrow? Bad idea...the workout calls for a day off for recovery. day1,day2 workout...day3 rest...days4 and 5 muscle rounds. Answers to you questions :

1) What specific exercises does Leo Costa Jr. recommend on each day of training (does he recommend any in particular? Should it be mixed up each week? Held consistent?). I'd greatly appreciate it if either MonStar or tronious could type up what is recommended for each day of training.

-For base training and muscle rounds...use compound movements. i.e. don't use machines. Bench, weighted dips, squats...etc.

-For volume training...use machines if you'd like.

2) On the base training am I supposed to be doing as much weight as I would if I was doing only 3 sets of say 8 reps? More weight? Less weight?

For base training...basically pick a weight you think you can do for that specific number of reps. At first, you may even go down in weight a little as your body adjust to the new demand. Me doing chest for base training...

8-reps 185
6-reps 200
5-reps 210
4-reps 215
3-reps 215

With only a minute and a half rest in between, sometimes you get fatigued. The premise of their training with the base training is that you gradually increase the weight of your first set each workout for base training...not the last. This will more than likely naturally lead to your final set going up as well. i.e. after a week or two I'll up my first set of 8 to 190 or 195.

3) Sometimes I'm reaching failure at some lower weights because of the intensity of the training. Will this effect my progress? Should I just go with the lighter weights to meet the suggested reps, or should I do forced reps with the help of a spotter?

Stay away from forced reps. They say this in the manual and video. Drop weight...or if you are supposed to do 5 reps...and know for a fact that after 4 reps you're spent...stop at 4.

4) How long is it recommended to stay on this routine? 6 weeks, then rotate off and do another routine? Or, six weeks, one week off, six weeks, one week off, etc.?

It's a 12 week cycle...do the training that you're doing now for 8 weeks...then for the next 3 weeks...work on any lagging body parts...basically do your own workout...anything other that TITAN training. Then for week 12...take that week off. Do nothing. Then start the whole thing back over.

5) Is there ever a specialization week? A week where you might focus on certain muscles more than usual? If so, what would this routine look like.

See answer #4...but they call weeks 9 thru 11 the "specialization training" weeks to catch up lagging parts or to work on certain parts you're not happy with.

Good luck and ask any ?'s you want. I'll answer any one's I can.

Thanks for the advice tronious. I don't think I clarified myself properly in the previous post. I meant that I finished my second workout yesterday, and I'm unable to walk today. Tomorrow will be muscle rounds, so today is my rest day.

I think I was so used to the HIT mentality that I was trying to lift too heavy on the 8,6,5,4,3 set scheme. I guess it'll just take a week or two to make my workout more efficient.

Personally, I think we should start a Titan Training e-mail list or something to discuss what is working and what is not.

LeviathanX...

AGREED. :D:D

I definitely think thats a good idea bro. Seriously I mean tronious recommends a certain diet that is backed up by Leo Costa Jr... but you never really know like exactly what type of diet to be using for the best possible results, you never really know what supplements to be using... while your in ketosis (which is the diet Leo Costa Jr. recommends) should you take your creatine before your workout or still take it with a postworkout shake.. everything is just thrown up in the air. Obviously a SHITLOAD of sleep is a necessity. A TON of H20 is a necessity because with the low carbs your body is gonna be pouring water out. Creatine should be helpful with recovery. I dont know bro we need to get a LOT of people doing this program to get some facts down on what works and what doesnt.

Hey it sounds good to me.

In the mean time...send posts and whatnot to

[email protected] if y'all want.

Password will be : lifthard

that way anyone who wants to put out some info can send emails there and read them there. I don't know of any other way to start a list.

Jeremy21, I've been waiting for someone to say something like that since the first time I read one of Cackerot's posts back on musclemag.com. That 16 year old sure knows how to rehash things he's read on cyberpump...

Titan Training is a great system. Like I've said before, its a little bit ridiculous for a 15 year old with a few months of training under his belt to be hurling wise ass remarks when quite simply, they haven't had the training experience to be able to accurately judge ANY training protocol. Cackerot's & Robboe's "knowledge" is certainly not empirical. It comes from reading Cyberpump and other HIT sites which are based on skewed training protocols by arthur jones. I'm not judging them as people but now maybe more people can see why I got so irritated with a few on this board. Current views on training science all but completely invalidate the views held by Jones etc. If you want to be on the cutting edge of strength training research Dr. Mel Siff runs a great mailing list and Zatsiorsky has some great, though complicated books out.

Thank you. You made my day.

All training programs work for a while. Titan training. HIT. Everything. I just get a little sick to my stomach when I read them talking about how HIT is the only way and everyone else is overtraining...

(typical conversation)

Everyone else is overtraining, huh? "Yes, more than 2 sets per bodypart per week is overtraining."

Then why are they bigger than you? "Because they are genetically gifted".

Maybe they just work hard. "They're steroid users."

That's the rundown of a hundred arguments I've had with HITters in the last few years :)

Karellan

I couldnt agree more bro.. HIT didnt do jack shit for me at all. One of my friends can train with HIT or similar routine and make great gains but personally it sucks for my body. I need volume to even start to make some gains.

Top Bottom