Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Timing for Creatine and Glutamine?

mrt

Yeah, I know it sounds like a newbie question, but I am kinda confused after reading several articles about timing those supps.

I've being taking creatine always right after my workouts and mix glutamine with either my protein or MRP shake and take it 30-40min after creatine.

As for creatine, some users and manufacturers recommend to take it before workouts. Now which one do you think is more beneficial, before or after?

For Glutamine, AST site recommends to take it with an empty stomach, separately from protein shakes to increase absorbtion. Maybe its a good idea, but it looks like another hassle for making another shake. Should I mix Glutamine and creatine together in one shake? Anything wrong with this?

So, whadda you guys know about timing of these supps? which way is proven to give the maximum results?

Do not mix glutamine and creatine, they use the same "things" (for lack of a better word) to absorb. Take the creatine an hour before you lift, therefore it will be in your system for your hour workout and an hour after for recovery. I mix glutamine with Whey Protein and drink after workouts, I never heard about it not absorbing as well, but it might not, who knows.

Danny42 said:
Do not mix glutamine and creatine, they use the same "things" (for lack of a better word) to absorb. Take the creatine an hour before you lift, therefore it will be in your system for your hour workout and an hour after for recovery. I mix glutamine with Whey Protein and drink after workouts, I never heard about it not absorbing as well, but it might not, who knows.
I don't know if I agree with this. Check out the thread below. Somone else says creatine & glutamine use different transports, so they do not interfere with each other when taken together. Sounds similar to saying "don't take carbs with protein because it will interfere with protein absorption". Any one know the answer to this & can support it with evidence?

Lot's of guys on here recommend taking creatine after your workout rather than before when your body is primed for absorption of high-glycemic carbs (which you take your creatine with). I'm taking 10g/day, so I take 5g 1hr before hitting the gym & the other 5g with my carb/protein shake within 30mins of finishing my workout.

http://209.11.101.244/forum/showthread.php?threadid=34710

Glutamine Peptides and creatine are safe together, but any free form glutamine should be avoided with creatine. Take it with your protein.

as I mentioned previously Glutamine and creatine use different pathways to become absorbed into the muscle one internally and one externally.

as long as you take them on an empty stomach before and after workouts then they will still be effective and even compliment each other.

Top Bottom