Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

This Time Next Week I'll Be a Card Carrying Wiccan ....

musclemom

I Told You So ...
EF VIP
... if I can remember how to use a sewing machine.

I need to sew a white robe (long plain "dress") for the dedication ceremony ... I haven't frigging sewed anything since I was in junior high home ec. class ... I never liked this Holly Homemaker crap and I don't have a head for this shit ... fuck me it's giving me a headache just thinking about it ...
 
musclemom said:
... if I can remember how to use a sewing machine.

I need to sew a white robe (long plain "dress") for the dedication ceremony ... I haven't frigging sewed anything since I was in junior high home ec. class ... I never liked this Holly Homemaker crap and I don't have a head for this shit ... fuck me it's giving me a headache just thinking about it ...
Just buy one. Easier.
 
I have a really great black one that I wore as a bridesmaid for a Wiccan wedding, but it is in storage and you probably have to have a white one, right?
 
Powerbuilder333 said:
White robe? Are you sure you didn't join the KKK? The key clue will be the pointy hat - LOL.
:FRlol:

Ha ha ha, very funny :rolleyes: No pointy hats.
 
EnderJE said:
Wiccan? Really? Wow. I belong to the Church of Superman and other DC Superheros.
Yes, real Wiccan.

So tell me, would you make the same crack if someone said they were being baptised into a Christian church or converting to Judiasm or Mohammadism?
 
jh1 said:
Pictures please.

Nekkid in the robe... PM me you sexy bitch...err... witch.

K thanks.

redsamurai said:
I concur........you going commando underneath that robe MM??.... :qt:
Y'know, if you just go to a few group nude things y'all will get real sick of nekked people :lmao:

Actually, when I'm done my training, however long that takes, the initiation into the tradition is skyclad ... that's going to be interesting. Everyone else is dressed and the initiate is nekked.
 
musclemom said:
Yes, real Wiccan.

So tell me, would you make the same crack if someone said they were being baptised into a Christian church or converting to Judiasm or Mohammadism?


I know you weren't talking to me... but I think all religions are equally silly.


No offense to Wiccans. You're right to stand up to religious biggots... they're shit is rediculous too... talking donkey's and shit.

Do christians know they worship a scary fucking zombie?
 
musclemom said:
Y'know, if you just go to a few group nude things y'all will get real sick of nekked people :lmao:

Actually, when I'm done my training, however long that takes, the initiation into the tradition is skyclad ... that's going to be interesting. Everyone else is dressed and the initiate is nekked.
Yours does that? My best friend's coven doesn't do anything nekkid...lol...what a shame. Any religion that has nekkid rituals can't be bad.
 
musclemom said:
Yes, real Wiccan.

So tell me, would you make the same crack if someone said they were being baptised into a Christian church or converting to Judiasm or Mohammadism?
Yep. I do it with my fundamentalist friends all the time. They hate it. But, if one can believe in God, then I can believe in Global Warming and Superman.
 
rdiddy88 said:
i used to no a couple of wiccans they were some creepy weirdos
not to say ur like that
Oh, I have my moments :vanp:

And I agree with you, I've met some oddballs, too. It's like anything else in this world, you meet weirdos everywhere you go.

The key is, if you find something you want to pursue, that is personally fulfilling, you keep looking until you find people you like that share the same interests. You can't let running into a few odd fuckers put you off. It's like chiropractors. Everyone who won't give chiropractic medicine a fair shake has usually had only one or two bad experiences or stories and that's it, they're right off them. You can't give up like that on anything. I've given up on conventional medicine, but it literally took more than six truly awful experiences (and I'm talking at least three of which were life threatening), with doctors before I wrote them off for anything other than trauma.
 
heatherrae said:
Yours does that? My best friend's coven doesn't do anything nekkid...lol...what a shame. Any religion that has nekkid rituals can't be bad.
They've borrowed heavily from Gardenarian Wicca and Gardner was a bit of a perv ...

But it's funny, it's only skin, y'know? If there was more nudity I really wouldn't have been comfortable with it but anything you care about calls for a committment and a willingness to face fears and being naked and blindfolded in front of other people is uh, that's about as helpless and frightened, I think, as you can get.

But I've really got to think about a cut in the next few months :lmao:
 
EnderJE said:
Yep. I do it with my fundamentalist friends all the time. They hate it. But, if one can believe in God, then I can believe in Global Warming and Superman.
Well as long as it's equal opportunity mockery :qt:

While I do believe in Global Warming, I don't believe in a single G-O-D in the monotheistic sense ... still working on the "gods" and "goddesses" ... but I cannot believe the universe is one big accident.
 
musclemom said:
but I cannot believe the universe is one big accident.


Welll that there is a circular endless debate.

If the universe is to great to have just happened, then you beleive something even far greater than it somehow created it. Right?


Who / what created that then?

I mean fuck.... LOL!
 
ARe Wiccan and Pagan similar/the same? I had a guy working for me some years back who was a Pagan and he had to wear all white after being initiated into his religion. he also said there were Gods sitting on his shoulder with him (I didnt see anything there) and he refused to have his picture taken.
 
jh1 said:
Welll that there is a circular endless debate.

If the universe is to great to have just happened, then you beleive something even far greater than it somehow created it. Right?

Who / what created that then?

I mean fuck.... LOL!
Okay, short answer (and I only understand it on the most superficial level):

The Universe created itself because the "Universe" as we know it, containing all the galaxies and stars, etc., is actually "G-O-D." (actually, we are G-O-D, too, or very tiny bits of it).

We, humanity, are the Universe learning about and understanding itself on the small (lowest, heaviest) level. All that we do/see/live/feel is recorded (actually everything that ever was/is/will be is already recorded but that's a whole other head trip), and all that information becomes incorporated into the very essence of the universe. But G-O-D is no more capable of living here on this planet and directly experiencing relationships and life than we are of directly living the life of an amoeba. We can watch it, maybe predict what it'll do next, but we really have no IDEA what it's like to BE an amoeba because we CANNOT be an amoeba, we are too big, too much.
 
musclemom said:
Well as long as it's equal opportunity mockery :qt:

While I do believe in Global Warming, I don't believe in a single G-O-D in the monotheistic sense ... still working on the "gods" and "goddesses" ... but I cannot believe the universe is one big accident.
You're taking it alot better then my former Jewish friends did. They don't appreciate my jokes about them being the chosen one. I said something about them having a symbol to indicate that they're the chosen ones. Then I said that I had the bat signal. Mine is cooler. They're still mad after 3 months.
 
Smurfy said:
ARe Wiccan and Pagan similar/the same? I had a guy working for me some years back who was a Pagan and he had to wear all white after being initiated into his religion. he also said there were Gods sitting on his shoulder with him (I didnt see anything there) and he refused to have his picture taken.
All Wiccans are pagans, not all pagans are wiccans.

Paganism encompasses any of the earth based spiritualities. Basically anybody who wants to can call themselves a pagan. I consider myself pagan.

Wicca is a modern Western interpretation of witchcraft. It is one belief system within paganism, generally described as a nature religion. It is usually an organized, structured, spiritual group, usually initiatory, with unique ritual practices.
 
jh1 said:
Welll that there is a circular endless debate.

If the universe is to great to have just happened, then you beleive something even far greater than it somehow created it. Right?


Who / what created that then?

I mean fuck.... LOL!

We have no idea until we can get a working theory of physics that doesn't break down at the singularity.

Like, completely reworking combinatorics at and below unity. Something about that bugs me.

gμη (dxμ/dτ) (dxη/dτ) = 1 my ass...



:cow:
 
musclemom said:
Okay, short answer (and I only understand it on the most superficial level):

The Universe created itself because the "Universe" as we know it, containing all the galaxies and stars, etc., is actually "G-O-D." (actually, we are G-O-D, too, or very tiny bits of it).

We, humanity, are the Universe learning about and understanding itself on the small (lowest, heaviest) level. All that we do/see/live/feel is recorded (actually everything that ever was/is/will be is already recorded but that's a whole other head trip), and all that information becomes incorporated into the very essence of the universe. But G-O-D is no more capable of living here on this planet and directly experiencing relationships and life than we are of directly living the life of an amoeba. We can watch it, maybe predict what it'll do next, but we really have no IDEA what it's like to BE an amoeba because we CANNOT be an amoeba, we are too big, too much.
Have you ever read anything byDr Wayne Dyer? He speaks to some very similar concepts
 
EnderJE said:
You're taking it alot better then my former Jewish friends did. They don't appreciate my jokes about them being the chosen one. I said something about them having a symbol to indicate that they're the chosen ones. Then I said that I had the bat signal. Mine is cooler. They're still mad after 3 months.
If you can't laugh about your spirituality then there's something wrong with you! Humor is a gift and blessing ... at Yule as we were gathering for the ritual one of the women had brought her baby, just a few months old, it started crying. One of the high priests started chanting "_____ brought the sacrifice."

While I'm very serious about my spirituality, it also brings me great joy. One of the things that really put me off conventional religions is they are ... miserable. There was a great quote in the movie Dogma, "You don't celebrate your religion, you mourn it." Conventional religions view everything that's pleasant as being evil and everything that's drudgery a noble sacrifice. Turning everything that is pleasurable into something that should be absolutely denied and saying that in the denying you make yourself more "God-like" is something so fucked up only a human could come up with it. If God were as fucked up as conventional religion would have you believe we wouldn't be around to debate it's existance.
 
musclemom said:
If you can't laugh about your spirituality then there's something wrong with you! Humor is a gift and blessing ... at Yule as we were gathering for the ritual one of the women had brought her baby, just a few months old, it started crying. One of the high priests started chanting "_____ brought the sacrifice."

While I'm very serious about my spirituality, it also brings me great joy. One of the things that really put me off conventional religions is they are ... miserable. There was a great quote in the movie Dogma, "You don't celebrate your religion, you mourn it." Conventional religions view everything that's pleasant as being evil and everything that's drudgery a noble sacrifice. Turning everything that is pleasurable into something that should be absolutely denied and saying that in the denying you make yourself more "God-like" is something so fucked up only a human could come up with it. If God were as fucked up as conventional religion would have you believe we wouldn't be around to debate it's existance.
http://yirmumah.net/jesus-vs-superman/
 
I was introduced to Wicca a few years back and looked into it. The woman who did told me that I am a sensitive... that I can "see things"... My husband says the same.

I delved into it a tiny bit, but then my screwed up life got in the way, as it did in the way of everything else.

Maybe one day, I will go back into learning.... but somehow, living in the bible belt I don't know how far I can get.

GO MUSCLEMOM!!!

Whatever energy ye send out - be returned to you threefold.

And do ye no harm.

:)
 
if it brings joy to your live and harm to no others, then I think its awesome.
 
musclemom said:
Conventional religions view everything that's pleasant as being evil and everything that's drudgery a noble sacrifice. Turning everything that is pleasurable into something that should be absolutely denied and saying that in the denying you make yourself more "God-like" is something so fucked up only a human could come up with it. If God were as fucked up as conventional religion would have you believe we wouldn't be around to debate it's existance.

WERD

My God is a loving God.... one who forgives and WANTS us to be happy.

Silly me. It seems that I am, again, going against the grain. :rolleyes:
 
the-short-one said:
wow. good statement. :)

I second.
:luxlove:

You beat me to it!!! So I will have to third him!!! :qt:

Its sad, I know people who are "in the broomcloset" and it's all because of warped misconceptions. People shouldn't be made to feel shame about their beliefs, I think it's only through sharing that we grow.

The tradition that I'm joining is pretty radical. They have virtually a "non partisan" system and really view ALL sacred scripture as being potentially valuable in teaching/learning/growth.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jh1
Congrats musclemom!
 
Congrats MM that's awesome. I have a rather large pentagram/pentacle tattooed on the inside of my right arm. Most people ask if I worship satan LOL. A few enlightened individuals ask if I'm a Wiccan, although I am not I do enjoy speaking with them.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
a. congrats. i think that's really cool.

b. i can tell you how to make a robe fairly simply. you'll need to sew, but not TOO much and it won't be difficult. and you can use two flat white sheets.
pm me if you want instructions, but basically, you'll make a huge T out of the sheets. the top of the T will be sewn together, leaving an opening in the middle for your head to fit through. the sheets will already have a finished edge at the top. You'll have to sew the sides (not the arm holes) together, and you do that by putting the sheets with the right sides together and sewing up the sides and across bottom of the arms.

You'll have to hem it to the right length (fold the fabric over twice to the right length, IRON it, then pin and sew. that's the easiest way.)
you can either shorten the sleeves or gather them up at the top seam until they are short enough. There are other, creative ways to shorten the sleeves, but i'll tell you in a pm if you want.

hope that helps.
 
musclemom said:
:luxlove:

You beat me to it!!! So I will have to third him!!! :qt:

Its sad, I know people who are "in the broomcloset" and it's all because of warped misconceptions. People shouldn't be made to feel shame about their beliefs, I think it's only through sharing that we grow.

The tradition that I'm joining is pretty radical. They have virtually a "non partisan" system and really view ALL sacred scripture as being potentially valuable in teaching/learning/growth.



LMFAO @ "in the broomcloset"
 
musclemom said:
... if I can remember how to use a sewing machine.

I need to sew a white robe (long plain "dress") for the dedication ceremony ... I haven't frigging sewed anything since I was in junior high home ec. class ... I never liked this Holly Homemaker crap and I don't have a head for this shit ... fuck me it's giving me a headache just thinking about it ...

Hello.... :) :heart:

549z6t0.jpg
 
Top Bottom