Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Truth About Harvard

Maybe they don't have the experience for many jobs out there. I just can't make a statement saying that the majority of ppl on unemployment are there cause they want to be.

i can't really either...it's simply a hypothesis that i have formulated through my research and analysis (my profession requires a significant amount of industry and economic analysis and research) as well as my contacts with clients, peers and a bunch of unemployed (by choice) people that i know...what they are doing is committing a crime...of epic proportions...that will take our country years to recover from.

i can't really either...it's simply a hypothesis that i have formulated through my research and analysis (my profession requires a significant amount of industry and economic analysis and research) as well as my contacts with clients, peers and a bunch of unemployed (by choice) people that i know...what they are doing is committing a crime...of epic proportions...that will take our country years to recover from.

How about posting some of that research Digi, because it seems to me that your notions on unemployment are, shall we say, whacky.

Unemployment can be a disinsentive, yes, but a majority of the unemployed don't want to work? Where's your data for that?
In another thread you stated that unemployment insurance has actually created a shortage of workers. Again, how do you come up with this?

Valletta and Kuang’s analysis of data on unemployed workers decomposed by reason for unemployment found that the unemployment rate at the end of 2009 would have been about 0.4 percentage points lower, or 9.6 percent instead of 10.0 percent if there had been no EUC program in place.

5 Rob Valletta and Katherine Kuang, "Extended Unemployment and UI Benefits," Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Economic Letters (Apr. 2010), http://www.frbsf.org/publications/economics/letter/2010/el2010[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT]12.html, accessed May 2010.

Card and his co[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT]authors conduct their own independent analysis of the spike at benefits exhaustion based on time to reemployment, finding that less than 1 percent of unemployed workers manipulate the day they are reemployed to coincide with the exhaustion of unemployment benefits.

7 David Card, Raj Chetty and Andrea Weber, "The Spike at Benefit Exhaustion: Leaving the Unemployment System or Starting a New Job?" [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]American Economic Review [/FONT][/FONT]97, no. 2 (2007): p. 113.

How about posting some of that research Digi, because it seems to me that your notions on unemployment are, shall we say, whacky.

Unemployment can be a disinsentive, yes, but a majority of the unemployed don't want to work? Where's your data for that?
In another thread you stated that unemployment insurance has actually created a shortage of workers. Again, how do you come up with this?

each of the federal reserve banks publishes a monthly report for their region (commonly referred to as the beige book) and their surveys have suggested that the help wanted signs are hanging in the window in nearly every region and they have been for quite some time now and those signs are being largely ignored...just google beige book and read the reports yourself.

I have charts and shit too...long term unemployment benefits.

Those right wing Danes with their far right allies at the New York Times conspire to undermine long term unemployment benefits.
Why Denmark Is Shrinking Its Social Safety Net - NYTimes.com

"Denmark has long held the title of the best place on earth to be laid off. With an expensive, generous welfare state, and the world’s most lavish unemployment insurance scheme, virtually no one falls through the cracks upon losing a job.

But the government unveiled an unpleasant surprise in June, when it halved the country’s whopping four-year unemployment benefits period to help mend its finances after the financial crisis.

The reason: Danish studies show that the longer a person goes without a job, the harder it is to find work. Many people get a job within the first three months of entering the system, but many more wait until just before benefits expire to take anything available."

my point was that (imho) a majority...yes...i said majority...of the people on unemployment right now are there because they want to be, not because they have to be...there's jobs in them thar hills, but people would rather sit on their couch and collect $700 a week.

Its not all that typical for people to get that $700 every 2 Weeks and not like the situation.
I couldnt live comfortably on 14k a year.
There are jobs out there. Just they are jobs in service and pay less than what theu have paid ino ue.

DrOiD BioNiC EF App!

Its not all that typical for people to get that $700 every 2 Weeks and not like the situation.
There are jobs out there. Just they are jobs in service and pay less than what theu have paid ino ue.

DrOiD BioNiC EF App!

meh...i'm making less than i was before and so is pretty much everyone else i know...we hope that it's temporary, but we don't sit on our asses and wait and see.

DrOiD BioNiC EF App!

I can agree with you on that.. Biweekly yes.. It's still shit tho.

Top Bottom