Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Truth abou ANWR.

WhistleBritches said:
The Drilling Location is DANGEROUSLY close to water and those delicate Island Eco Systems that I am sure house micro ecosystems

not to mention it would be nice to keep that OIL for a TRUE emergency,

say a Nuclear winter

Please see the first two pages of this thread.

pin said:
It looks so awesom in the winter. Its like another planet. The northen lights were the most amazing thing I've ever seen. They filled the entire sky with green and purple swirls of light. I remember one night all 120 of us guys in the camp just stopped working for about 45 minutes and stood on the frozen arctic ocean and stared at the sky. Thats a really cool memory.

I guess that's what the environmental types are bitching about. They prolly want to make sure something is left over for someone else to say, "Yeah, it's amazing, you've gotta go." It seems like both sides of the debate would do well by packing a bowl, taking a hit, and relaxing tho.

As for me, I'll take Manhattan or Paris. I don't camp anywhere there isn't a concierge. :) Thanx for the edu-ma-cation tho!

mountain muscle said:
I was just making sure. Thank your dad for me, mines are a crazy ass place to work and fascinating too. What part of Wyoming? When are you going to come back and join us for deer/elk camp?

I have 8 years left until retirement, then I won't miss a season. In 11 years of service I have only hunted 1 year(last year and it was awesome!), I never missed a season prior to my service. I'm from Northern Wyoming, dad did 31 years in a coal mine.

Alaska has other exploration they need to approve also. There are mines in the south that need to be approve, these things can help our national economic situation IMO. Once again vote for me, I'm starting my campaign for the 2032 election.

Megalomaniac said:
I thought about working that field, then I decided tours in Iraq is better work for me. LOL. That is how much respect I have for those guys, that is a tough industry and I love the fact that that both soldiers and rough necks are getting paid these days. Jobs that people sitting in offices couldn't handle but need, it kills me when they make more. I would love to revamp the pay scales in the world. Lawyers 40,000, Doctors 150,000, roughnecks 130,000, military 100,000, cops/firemen 100,000, teachers 140,000, pro athletes 25,000, actors 15,000 ect.

I am right on base with you there. However, if roughnecks are getting paid more than soldiers, then the soldiers better have a kick ass health/medical program. They have earned it and no way in hell should congress and govt. workers get better benefits than soldiers.

looks like those pics of the plain was taken as the winter ice melted and before spring growth kicked in.
I have been to alaska and spent 1 month back in 1999 traveling in a small cessna and beech air plane all over the state during the month of july.
My friend chris was building up his flight hours to become a comercial pilot by doing mail and cargo drops to rule areas.
I will say it was the most adverterous and exciting thing I have ever done. we went all up into the area of barrow and down the coastlines .
I have seen first hand , when the ice melts it leaves a mushy swamp like area in vallys and near some low lying coast areas. Far from a waste land many animals were in herds down their chopping on the grassy shrubage, Moose for somereason like to hang out in that stuff, rabbits as well. Many animals come and feed and like to tromp through the mushy areas
those pics of the alaska plain are very deceiving, Kinda like showing the florida everglades and showing a swamp with nothing else, instead of showing all the wildlife that lives in the swap from birds,alligators,to rabbits and fish

chazk said:
looks like those pics of the plain was taken as the winter ice melted and before spring growth kicked in.
I have been to alaska and spent 1 month back in 1999 traveling in a small cessna and beech air plane all over the state during the month of july.
My friend chris was building up his flight hours to become a comercial pilot by doing mail and cargo drops to rule areas.
I will say it was the most adverterous and exciting thing I have ever done. we went all up into the area of barrow and down the coastlines .
I have seen first hand , when the ice melts it leaves a mushy swamp like area in vallys and near some low lying coast areas. Far from a waste land many animals were in herds down their chopping on the grassy shrubage, Moose for somereason like to hang out in that stuff, rabbits as well. Many animals come and feed and like to tromp through the mushy areas
those pics of the alaska plain are very deceiving, Kinda like showing the florida everglades and showing a swamp with nothing else, instead of showing all the wildlife that lives in the swap from birds,alligators,to rabbits and fish

And of all of the land that you saw, how much of it was oilfield? Pipe lines drill rigs etc.

Kewl. Here's a softball for you -- "the oil will be sold on the world market, there's no way to earmark it for U.S. consumers."

pin said:
And of all of the land that you saw, how much of it was oilfield? Pipe lines drill rigs etc.
the pipe line runs across the entire state almost, many stations set up along the line to monitor and regulate flow and warm the oil during winter.
It was not to bad looking , it just looks like a giant roadway ( from the air ) cutting through the land
I think alaska could use some jobs and more population. ( I would love tolive their from april - august but just to cold for me in the winters)
Alot of areas were ghoast towns. My friend was telling me that fairbanks ( where we spent most the time at then flew out 5 days a week doing drops ) was thriving during oil pipeline boom and some guys stayed around after the line was done for few years but eventually into the 80's the population started dropping off. Lots of empty building in the cities that were pipeline boom towns now.
the govt gives any american citzen land for free if they build a house on it and a oil revenue check at the end of the year , get this no property taxes ether or state taxes.

chazk said:
the pipe line runs across the entire state almost, many stations set up along the line to monitor and regulate flow and warm the oil during winter.
It was not to bad looking , it just looks like a giant roadway ( from the air ) cutting through the land
I think alaska could use some jobs and more population. ( I would love tolive their from april - august but just to cold for me in the winters)
Alot of areas were ghoast towns. My friend was telling me that fairbanks ( where we spent most the time at then flew out 5 days a week doing drops ) was thriving during oil pipeline boom and some guys stayed around after the line was done for few years but eventually into the 80's the population started dropping off. Lots of empty building in the cities that were pipeline boom towns now.
the govt gives any american citzen land for free if they build a house on it and a oil revenue check at the end of the year , get this no property taxes ether or state taxes.

Ya I know about the Trans Alaska Pipeline. :) But I was referring to all of the smaller pipelines that tie into the trans Alaska from the oil wells.

The point that I was trying to make is that from the air the footprint is tiny. I've seen areas were drilling operations used to be and there is no trace of them.

The one good thing that the Democrats and greenies have accomplished is the regulation of the oil industry. Conoco Phillips and BP are very responsible companies.

If the industry wasn't regulated this is what we'd get.

2cqihrq.jpg

digger said:
Kewl. Here's a softball for you -- "the oil will be sold on the world market, there's no way to earmark it for U.S. consumers."

Exactly my point. The whole thing SUX!!! That is what this thread is about.

t043vb.jpg

Top Bottom