Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Transformation continues !

Re: 84 Days...T Contest Log

I'm a little discouraged this morning. It is the 4 week mark so I did my weigh in and measurements and I thought there'd be more changes. My weight hasn't changed and I'm down about 1.5 inches in the waist and 1 inch on my quads but that's it.
I really am not surprized at the scale. The scale is ok for dieters but not a good indicator at all for a recomp. This is because muscle weighs more then fat. In fact there are times in a recomp that an individual may even see weight go up becasue of that fact. Remember chika recomp is just that. Replacing fat with muscle, so dont let that scale get you down baby:). Better to pay attention to how your clothes fit you believe it or not. And even there you may find that your clothes get tight in new places but loose in your problem areas. Really the very best means of getting a good indication is to get a BF measurement done. The AccuMeasure is pretty cheap. Here in the US under $20.00. Its easy to use and pretty dam accurate too.

I feel like things are slowly changing and I've had a couple comments so maybe my body is recomping more then just losing weight. And thats the important thing here right?:)
I have wondered if the higher fat content in the diet is really working for me or against me. I've only done one similar diet, which was more of a straight keto. I had the initial water weight drop but didn't see the success that others see with it. I will be emailing my coaches, Zed and Rick, and see what they think.
RickO for sure on this one my gurl. I do know that a lot of the diet gurus do put peeps on hight fat to loose fat, only cuz I have read and studied the logs.
The calorie count was set at 2250 and I've been averaging 2000. It is supposed to drop next week for 2 weeks but keeping the macros the same. Is it possible that you were too low? Ask RickO on this plz.

I'm, by far, the oldest in the contest and from what I can tell, the only one, thus far, who is not juicing.
Age does make a difference, thats for sure. But I still believe that you can and will make a significant diff in how you look and feel in this recomp.
I bought a few things from Gentleman's Club but outside of T3, I haven't started anything. I'm not against aas as I've done a couple small cycles in the past. I suppose I'm having a hard time getting my head around building more muscle when I'm so heavy to start with.
But see chika, its ok to build the muscle cuz that very same muscle is gonna help to burn off that unwanted fat. The more muscle that your body supports the more cals you gonna burn off supporting that added muscle. Thats why N2 gave you the specific cycle that he did. The primo will promote lean slow keepable mass gains. Its not gonna be much but it is gonna help considerably to increase your cal burn.
The exact same thing with the NPP, plus its gonna be some good therapy for your joints and your program.

In the past, when I've tried cutting and bulking simultaneously, the bulk always wins and it becomes where I sit now.
I understand your concern. But chika youre not bulking here. Bulking is so much more diet then what RickO has set up for you.
Plz dont confuse adding "some" muscle mass with bulking, its not the same thing by any stretch.
I believe that what N2 has set you up for as I said above is to add "some" lean mass. This in turn is gonna help in reving up your cal burn cuz muscle burns more cals then fat does. Then add in what RickO has set up for you. The beauty of the diet is the most simple part. You are now eating 5-6 times per day. This alone is gonna rev up your metabolism. The reason is that now youre eating all of these small meals instead of 1,2 or 3 times per day but heavier and more cal dense meals.
So what you are doing is actually feeding your metabolism instead of you appetite if that makes sense to you.:cool:

It probably just comes down to being patient!
Yeah and that aint easy either chika!

Which is not always one of my virtues. I need to come back to why I wanted to do this in the first place, which was a "fun" way to drop some fat and get back on the wagon, so to speak, in terms of consistency, in diet and training.
And thats a gr8 way to look at it too.
Win or lose, I wanted to better myself and gain that confidence and motivation that I had lost last year. I just feel really discouraged this morning and needed to vent!
Vent on my gurl vent on! LOL
It's a cross roads for me. If I quit now, which believe me, I felt like saying "f#$# it" this morning....I know I'll be miserable! So...I already know that is not an option.
Good that you now know this fosho. I already did...knowing you!
I have to do the mental regroup, shed a frustration tear in the shower this morning and move on.

Thanks for reading my rant of the morning!! In the bigger picture, if this is the worst of my problems, it's really not that bad. It's just that few moments of WTF when things don't "measure up" the way I'd hoped.
Baby youre not alone we all have these.
You gonna do just fine. Just stick to your program(s) and speak your mind when you need to. Everybody on here is pulling for you.
And keep in mind the member ship here is really big. But only a handful of peeps took on the challenge. Gee I wonder why:confused::confused::confused:
Answer; Its fuckin tuff and everybody knows this! Thats why chika. And you are one of the few that did!
That says something right there!:evil:

Now go workout!:evil::biggrin:

Zed is such an awesome guy. Well said, nizzle. Roxy, don't get discouraged. Just like he said everyone is pulling for you. I know this isn't an easy road for you but you know it's worth it. You'll look back come April and laugh and be glad you held on. :)

Be positive. Attitude is everything.
Kill that shit!! :)
-Lauren

Thanks guys! Just one of those moments in time that I had to get over. I've been really happy with the way things have been going and just had to take a step back this morning and refocus. Not get hung up on numbers and remember why I wanted to be here doing this. :)

Keep at it for sure!

Lets go over some stuff!
Hit me up with a PM and you know I'll help you out! You probably just hit a sticking point, which is normal, I've hit 2 in 4 weeks, and you just have to make some adjustments. Everybody is going to, it's those that can act quickly and accordingly that will progress the most!

As far as the cals. Yes around 2200 is where I wanted you, and unless you're keeping very detailed track, you can loose/add calories very easily and not know it!
when you hit the drop in cals for the glycogen depletion, you're body will change, trust me. I bloated quite a bit while doing the refeed after the glycogen depletion. It took me several weeks to adjust to it.

Seriously Roxy, let me know if I can do anything for ya!

Keep at it for sure!

Lets go over some stuff!
Hit me up with a PM and you know I'll help you out! You probably just hit a sticking point, which is normal, I've hit 2 in 4 weeks, and you just have to make some adjustments. Everybody is going to, it's those that can act quickly and accordingly that will progress the most!

As far as the cals. Yes around 2200 is where I wanted you, and unless you're keeping very detailed track, you can loose/add calories very easily and not know it!
when you hit the drop in cals for the glycogen depletion, you're body will change, trust me. I bloated quite a bit while doing the refeed after the glycogen depletion. It took me several weeks to adjust to it.

Seriously Roxy, let me know if I can do anything for ya!

Thanks Rick! :) I have a very intimate relationship with my digital kitchen scale so I'm keeping very accurate track. I think like we were saying in pm's...things are changing and once I change it up this weekend, I'll see more changes too. It's that ol' impatience and remember not to get hung up on the number on the scale. I panicked this morning.

We'll see how the next two weeks goes. Thanks for all your help!! I'll still send ya my surf board if you want to borrow it!! It's kind of girly though. ;)

Roxy, I know exactly how you feel chica.

There's some fierce competition.. but the one thing I keep going back to is that I'm doing this for me. When I talked to Nate about sponsoring, I told him with or without him I'm doing this for myself, I had a plan to really change my body this year, and having my name along with NTBM would only motivate me more.. to represent him when I feel like I can't do it myself.

It's tough.. cause I'm actually up in weight too, and it kind of gets me.. but at the same time, the misses and myself are noticing a lot of muscle gain, which will help lose the fat in the future, like Zed said. I expected to gain more weight than lose it at first just because it's been a while since I've seriously lifted weights to put on muscle.

2 more months seems quick, but for the body to shed fat it doesn't take long! I think its either 2 or 4 pounds of muscle burns another 200 calories a day, which would be like walking for 30 mins! HOLY COW! So keep lifting those weights aggressively and watch the recomp happen! Screw weight, it's measurements and the mirror that count.

Just a quick update this morning before I head off into a long boring meeting! :) My take home lesson of the day, yesterday, is this....I am one moody woman! ;) In chatting with both Rick and Zed, I realized what an effect a low carb diet can have on the emotions. That is something I've really noticed the last week or so, especially. I've had a few moments in the last week where I've thought to myself "good God, what is wrong with me?!". LOL Being aware of it is a good thing...I don't feel quite so crazy. It's a good thing I'm single...I can barely stand myself some days. :chomp:

I had a killer workout in the gym last night.

Warm up was 10 minutes on the eliptical with a HR avg of 140.

Rack Pulls

110 lbs - 10
130 lbs - 10
140 lbs - 10 *start here next time

** up 30 lbs from last week!
I love the rack pulls. Feels good doing these!

Bent over DB shrugs

45 lbs - 10
55 lbs - 10
65 lbs - 10 *start here next time

** up 20 lbs from last week
I don't really care for this particular exercise. It could be because it feels really awkward to me but definitely not one of my favs.

Dips

I got 20 unassisted dips done...with 2 rests. Woo hoo!

I did 6 full dips.
7 with a half dip
7 with a lesser arm extension...probably more like a quarter dip.

Last week....NO unassisted dips!

Abs

3 sets of 10 incline crunches with 25 lb plate.

I ended with 30 mins of cardio. I was able to run for 20 of the 30 minutes, keeping my avg HR at 153. Running is getting easier for me. Way back in my college days, I used to run with a roommate everyday. It was probably the leanest I've ever been so running has been a goal for me. I think it will help me get some of the excess body fat off.

Overall, a great workout! I felt excited with the increases. Last night was my carb load and I was so tired, I barely made it through all the good but it felt great.

Just a quick update this morning before I head off into a long boring meeting! :) My take home lesson of the day, yesterday, is this....I am one moody woman! ;) In chatting with both Rick and Zed, I realized what an effect a low carb diet can have on the emotions. That is something I've really noticed the last week or so, especially. I've had a few moments in the last week where I've thought to myself "good God, what is wrong with me?!". LOL Being aware of it is a good thing...I don't feel quite so crazy. It's a good thing I'm single...I can barely stand myself some days. :chomp:

I had a killer workout in the gym last night.

Warm up was 10 minutes on the eliptical with a HR avg of 140.

Rack Pulls

110 lbs - 10
130 lbs - 10
140 lbs - 10 *start here next time Agree!

** up 30 lbs from last week! You will see yourself packing that weight on these pretty fast:evil:
I love the rack pulls. Feels good doing these! Yep I love em to chika. They make you feel so dam strong and I love that feeling!

Bent over DB shrugs

45 lbs - 10
55 lbs - 10
65 lbs - 10 *start here next time Agree!

** up 20 lbs from last week nice chika nice.
I don't really care for this particular exercise. It could be because it feels really awkward to me but definitely not one of my favs.
But as you see the results they will be. These are soo dam good for bringing our your lats and lower/mid traps. Pack all the weight on that you can even if you miss reps, then just do another set or two to make them up.:evil::evil:

Dips

I got 20 unassisted dips done...with 2 rests. Woo hoo! WHOO HOOOOO is dam right baby!

I did 6 full dips.
7 with a half dip
7 with a lesser arm extension...probably more like a quarter dip.

Last week....NO unassisted dips!
Kill that shit Roxy!

Abs

3 sets of 10 incline crunches with 25 lb plate.
nice, very nice gurly:)

I ended with 30 mins of cardio. I was able to run for 20 of the 30 minutes, keeping my avg HR at 153. excellent.
Running is getting easier for me. Way back in my college days, I used to run with a roommate everyday. It was probably the leanest I've ever been so running has been a goal for me. I think it will help me get some of the excess body fat off.

Overall, a great workout! I felt excited with the increases. Last night was my carb load and I was so tired, I barely made it through all the good but it felt great.
Over all a gr8 workout, dam str8 chika!
Gr8 job gurly!!

Top Bottom