Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Official Genetic Limitation Thread

Well, my tongue isn't right next to my johnson. But I do have special..."abilities."

All this talk about genetic limits- yet each year that passes, people are getting stronger, faster, bigger... evolution does not happen that fast... There is no difference in the genes... The drugs have truly not changed that significantly... Sure the best training and nutrition info is more readily available, bit none of it is significantly different than anything that was available to elite athletes 10 years ago or more. There are 18 year old kids deadlifting 800 pounds, and no amount of supportive gear will ever make that easier... That was unthought of a couple years ago... people would have though guys like Ronnie were impossible 10 years ago.... I remember when a 4.4 or 4.3 40 was hella fast. Now some guys are supposedly breaking 4.2 (David Boston) and linebackers are running 4.35s (Boss Bailey).

Ten years from now, they will have new standards and the old ones we are amazed by now, will no longer be impressive... The truth is the bar is getting raised each and every day... and those people who boggle your mind are not arguing about limits and human potential, they are stepping up to the plate... the only question is- why aren't you?

Last edited:
Warpath said:

It doesnt matter whether you believe in genetic limits or not, because they exist, you may also not believe in gravity, but it exists. Skeletal muscle can hypertrophy to a degree in response to increased load if adequate nutrients are supplied in an appropriate anabolic environment, but they cant divide and increase in number (hyperplasia). On a purely mechanical argument, the nuclei can only accomodate so much transcription activity to produce the actin and myosin that compose skeletal muscle. Once the myofibril reaches a certain size, transcription cant keep up with demands. Hence, you have a genetic limit.

show me a proven case study, not some fancy shit you whip down, where it proves there is a genetic limit.... give me the case study, where to find it a link to the article. something proven..... then i will say i was wrong.

X

Debaser said:

You don't think there are OTHER factors accounting for Ronnie's success? Maybe the huge amounts of gear, GH, insulin, etc? And as gul dukat said, his bodyweight doesn't appear to be changing much despite his shit-heavy training, vicious overeating and extreme drug dosages.

fine then........ todays ammatures, many of which who take a 3rd of what reg park took, if any at all, look as good or even better.

so how do you say we have a limit, when in just a small period of 50 years, common place ammatures can look as good or better than the pro's from half a century ago???

X

the idea of a genetic limit to me is false.

lifting weights, eating, resting, recovery techniques, steroids, are all tools....there really is no such thing as a genetic limit, and no way of telling you have reached a genetic limit.

why draw the line at steroids? Eating a ton of protein is just as unnatural as shooting steroids, because you are purposely eating to gain mass. Same as lifting weights, etc. It's all "unnatural".

some people simply have the ability to recover and grow more over a certain given time. It would seem you can always enhance that....more rest, more food, different training, different supplements, more juice. There is always going to be some factor in that equation that could possibly hold you back. If you say you've reached your genetic limit, maybe sleeping an extra 3 hrs a day would push you beyond.....that might not feasible for most of our lifestyles, but, it's not impossible.

One thing that is pretty much undeniable, is gear will certainly get you there a lot quicker.

I am going to be realistic here. I think positively, I do not have a negative attitude towards training, I have a realistic one. I don't aspire to be mediocre, in fact, I take every step possible to not accept failure and to constantly progress and better myself. I believe that one of best qualities I have as a person is that I am not stubborn and when I see something not working, I will make the necessary change(s).

Do I feel there is a total genetic brickwall so to speak? No. I do, however, feel that a human being reaches a point when their gains become so insignificant that they may have well reached their genetic limit. When you reach the point when your bench press increses 5lbs per year, it is safe to say you are looking at a brick wall.

If genetics knew no limits, then why do athletes bother to use steroids? If genetics knew no limits, why is it that powerlifting records and physiques built seem to only be shattered with scientific advancements (shirts, suits, belts, steroids, hGH, the discovery that insulin can slap 10-20lbs on a body so saturated with sauce that the steroid receptors look like fried chicken)???

I do not believe that all men and women are created equal. Some are brilliant, some are kind and compassionate, some are deep thinkers, some excell in the area of mathematics, and some are predisposed to not only size and strength, but the ability to gain it and the luxury of tendons like steel cables.

If after so many years of natural training a gifted athlete squats 700lbs, how can anybody be foolish enough to say that any Joe Blow can squat 700lbs if they trained, ate, and slept exactly like the 700lb squatter for just as long as he did???

Also, we're all at different levels. I am 24, have been training hard-core, non-stop since late 1992. If any teenagers or newbies want to argue with me, hold that thought, stop kidding yourself, and talk to me at the end of the decade. I bet there will be no discussion because you will see what I am saying. People whose bench is increasing at the mind-blowing pace of 10lbs per year can talk all they want about knowing no limits, me? I am gonna keep piling on the plates with the needle as good as in my ass.

Exodus said:

show me a proven case study, not some fancy shit you whip down, where it proves there is a genetic limit.... give me the case study, where to find it a link to the article. something proven..... then i will say i was wrong.

X
Fancy shit I whip down?:D All right believe whatever you want X. What I wrote isnt fancy "shit", it's fact. Maybe believing you have no limits will help you break some mental barriers. I prefer to know the reality of what I'm dealing with. No flame intended.

Top Bottom