Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Official Genetic Limitation Thread

Warpath said:

Fancy shit I whip down?:D All right believe whatever you want X. What I wrote isnt fancy "shit", it's fact. Maybe believing you have no limits will help you break some mental barriers. I prefer to know the reality of what I'm dealing with. No flame intended.

no flame taken..... as i see what i wrote came out the wrong way, im sorry. yeah it has a lot of technical terms. but thats no proof. i can take technical terms and make it say that brushing your teeth causes cancer, but that doest mean it does.

give me some proof. where did you get your "fact" from???

X

I get the information from my own personal understanding of how muscle cells function. From what I have read on this thread the people who dont believe in a genetic max refuse to be limited in what they can accomplish. Thats probably a good thing, because if you do believe in a genetic max then it could hold you back from acheiving your potential, even if it was unconcious. Suffice it to say that you probably will never hit your genetic max and will continue to make some gains over the years.

Absence of evidence does equate to evidence of absence.

Some of you should take some Bio courses to learn a thing or fifty.

Mindless rabble. What a tragic waste of effort. Warpath, I would not bother to continue arguing, were I you. I know I won't be doing so any further.

If any of you don't believe in genetic limits, practice everyday, and maybe -one day- you can respire underwater, grow to a height of twenty feet, and digest cellulose.

This is why many believe lifters to be dim-witted.

Imakarum_Mirabilis said:
Absence of evidence does equate to evidence of absence.

Some of you should take some Bio courses to learn a thing or fifty.

If any of you don't believe in genetic limits, practice everyday, and maybe -one day- you can respire underwater, grow to a height of twenty feet, and digest cellulose.

This is why many believe lifters to be dim-witted.

Someone missed the point...lol.

I did take several BIO courses as well as Anatomy and Phisiology. At no point did the short fat professor talk about genetic limitations of the elite athlete.

Also...I don't think that ANYONE has even mentioned respirating water, growing to 20', or digesting cellulose. You argue using points that can not be done no matter how you work.

Heck...what do I know though. I haven't done anything to prove science and genetic limitations wrong. lol

B True

Imakarum_Mirabilis said:
practice everyday, and maybe -one day- you can respire underwater, grow to a height of twenty feet, and digest cellulose.

I knew this kid when I was in school that could breathe underwater...

...but he doesn't work out anymore.

Joker

JOKER47 said:

I knew this kid when I was in school that could breathe underwater...

...but he doesn't work out anymore.

Joker

You are talking about Frank the giant?

You are correct. . last time I heard he quit training. He was a genetic freak.

As may have already been said in some form, a law of diminishing returns certainly applies to growth as it does almost everywhere else. I think what the term -genetic limit- should mean is this: The point at which strenth or size gains are not proportionate to a consistent or even increased level of training. Or something like that.

I was born and raised into a positive affirmationist/metaphysical environment. I do, in fact, believe that limits are merely barriers that we allow to be placed upon us to satisfy the status quo and to justify apathy on the part of insecure people.

I think I just contradicted myself.

But, what I am trying to convey is that although there may be no real limits, there comes a time when one surpasses the body's pre-programmed state of equilibrium.

b fold the truth said:

Someone missed the point...lol.

I did take several BIO courses as well as Anatomy and Phisiology. At no point did the short fat professor talk about genetic limitations of the elite athlete.

Heck...what do I know though. I haven't done anything to prove science and genetic limitations wrong. lol

B True

They don't have to talk specifically about the genetic limitations of elite atheletes. Humans are humans. The same physiology that applies to you applies to me and applies to the 400lb slob sitting on the couch eating a 20 piece bucket of friend chicken.

No matter how you meant it your right when you say you did nothing to prove science and genetic limitations wrong. You ate hard and you worked hard and you got big. There will come a point when you stop getting bigger and stronger. It's a fact of life.

The human body can accomplish amazing things. It can not however continue to grow and get stronger as you see fit. I'm not thinking pessimistically I'm thinking realistically.

I'm not sure I agree with the people saying that the pros trained smarter back then compared to how they train now. Obviously some pros of today may train poorly compared to those of the past but as a whole today's atheletes are much smarter with their training. Drugs and greater understanding of how the body works is why the records of old are being broken.

You know...who cares if I have genetic limitations.

The only thing that matters...is game day. Till everyone decides to stand toe to toe and put their game where their mouth is...it means nothing. It is all talk till then.

Yet another reason why I love Strongman. Lots of people talk...but they don't even show up on game day.

B True

b fold the truth said:
You know...who cares if I have genetic limitations.

The only thing that matters...is game day. Till everyone decides to stand toe to toe and put their game where their mouth is...it means nothing. It is all talk till then.

Yet another reason why I love Strongman. Lots of people talk...but they don't even show up on game day.

B True

I think that's the third or fourth post of yours I read today that I wanted to give you karma for, but it keeps saying I have to spread it around.

:fro:

Top Bottom