Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Mr O results...

The Shadow said:
Bbing cant be a sport as there is no OBJECTIVELY defined winner

Even though I agree with you that judging BB competitions is NOT objective as opinion , politics , and favoritism play a role. I am glad that ex Mr Olympias were doing the judging gas I think some of those 3 factors will be ruled out with them judging. They know what it takes and the sacrifice that is required to get into that kind of shape.

Boxing and MMA at times are also subjective as a decision may need to be rendered to figure a winner. But they are still sports

Anyone can shove down mass quantities of food and get fat and bloated and call themselves a powerlifter. Hell, you can be fat and walk up to someone and claim that title. No one would know the difference. What you think someone is going to whip out a squat rack in the supermarket and challenge you to back up that claim?

Bodybuilding... that's a bit different. Call yourself a bodybuilder and you best look like you practice what you preach.

AAP said:
Anyone can shove down mass quantities of food and get fat and bloated and call themselves a powerlifter. Hell, you can be fat and walk up to someone and claim that title. No one would know the difference. What you think someone is going to whip out a squat rack in the supermarket and challenge you to back up that claim?

Bodybuilding... that's a bit different. Call yourself a bodybuilder and you best look like you practice what you preach.

BBers eat massive amounts of food too. You have to have a base to build muscle before you can sculpt it.

To agree with Shadow, atleast in powerlifting there is an objective way of determining who's better. By looking at the numbers.

But I consider both sports as there is "competition" between individuals or teams of individuals

AAP said:

You must spread some Karma around before giving it to AAP again.

It's funny that most of these arguments are often started by powerlifters. I haven't ever heard an argument started by a bodybuilder putting down powerlifting. Ironic, isn't it?

The term "sport" is thrown around so loosely that anything can be considered a sport. Are hot dog eating contests sports? There are clearly defined terms of winning (most amount of hot dogs in a specified time) and skill required (takes a lot of skill to jam down all those hots dogs).

Bodybuilding, whether sport or not, is an art form that must be respected. The canvas is the human body, which is molded into a masterpiece of beauty through a shitload of discipline and hard work. Love it or hate it, you gotta respect it.

wutangnomo said:
It's funny that most of these arguments are often started by powerlifters. I haven't ever heard an argument started by a bodybuilder putting down powerlifting. Ironic, isn't it?

The term "sport" is thrown around so loosely that anything can be considered a sport. Are hot dog eating contests sports? There are clearly defined terms of winning (most amount of hot dogs in a specified time) and skill required (takes a lot of skill to jam down all those hots dogs).

Bodybuilding, whether sport or not, is an art form that must be respected. The canvas is the human body, which is molded into a masterpiece of beauty through a shitload of discipline and hard work. Love it or hate it, you gotta respect it.

If you have physically eat the hotdogs and best others in physically eating hotdoes in terms of number or time to do it, then yes it can be considered sport.

wutangnomo said:

funny i don't think pl'ing was mentioned by anybody except AAP...no one has addressed my original beef that the same mofo wins it yr in and out...how do you expect to attract viewers when everyone knows the outcome? think about it bor, no other sport has their been a 8 time in a row champion, let alone a history of the same dude winning every time. this has nothing to do with pl'ing...

I don't like Ronnie as a BB'er as much as some others but he is in a league of his own on most days. I don't think the powers that be will let him lose no matter what. Jay deserves a Sandow too. Overall I think Mariusz Pudzianowski is probably the one I respect most in the iron game - bb'ing, PL'ing, strongman.

Top Bottom