Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Mr O results...

AAP

Plat Hero
Platinum
From Flexonline - which went out of their way to make Ronnie look like shit in the pictures. I dont' get it. Their pictures were so obviously misleading. The only reason I can think of is that they were trying a bait and switch type marketing ploy to still get people to sign up for the PPV.

Eighth Wonder of the World

Written by: Michael Berg, Flex Executive Editor

For the first time since Ronnie Coleman won the Sandow in 1998, a competitor caught him from behind. That man was Jay Cutler, and whenever the two went mano-a-mano in a back pose, it was evident how far Cutler had come in his development. In a feat many thought would never happen, Coleman, he of the freaky mass and stunning detail in his lats, mid-back and traps, was far from a shoo-in on this pose.
However, in the end, even that wasn't enough to stop the reign of Coleman, who made it eight in a row, tying him with Lee Haney for the Olympia record.

All told, this Olympia had more than its share of trauma, drama and controversy. From the opening segment of the night show, when powerlifter Gene Rychalik took the stage to attempt to break his all-time bench press record and press 1,015 pounds, only to end up broken himself under the bar as his try went awry, it was a crazy night. There were disgruntled athletes backstage, crying foul over the supposed "belly ban" that didn't seem to alter the scores in any way. You had wasp-waisted David Henry and Kris Dim out of the top 10, the most overlooked bodybuilder in the show in Darrem Charles crashing into ninth (when he just as easily could have been as high as third), and you had a top six where again the mass monsters dominated - mighty Dennis James in sixth, massive Gunter Schlierkamp in fourth, and of course Coleman and Cutler in the top two spots. (Sandwiched in between were a very happy Victor Martinez in fifth and Gustavo Badell notching third for the second year in a row, an accomplishment he should be truly proud of.)

As part of the proceedings, the second-ever Challenge Round was held, as judged by former Mr. Olympias Larry Scott, Sergio Oliva, Frank Zane, Samir Bannout and Dorian Yates. A few technical difficulties marred the round, but in the end Gustavo Badell emerged the victor, $25,000 richer for the effort. Interestingly, during the round (which didn't count in the overall standings), Coleman lost a few poses, including a side triceps to both Cutler and Badell, and the tiebreaker, which was a general pose-off between him and Badell.

Other notable finishes on this 40th anniversary of the greatest show in bodybuilding include Jordan's Mustafa Mohammad breaking into the top 10, Branch Warren maintaining his roll - he won two pro shows in the past month - by coming in eighth, and Melvin Anthony, who clocked in at No. 7. California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger also made an appearance, stepping on stage with Joe Weider, who was honored with a standing ovation after the two spoke to the capacity crowd.

While the show ended much like seven others before it - Coleman flat on the floor as the announcement of second place was made, overwhelmed by his moment of triumph - the chain of events to that point was anything but ordinary. This was a Mr. Olympia that - for better or worse - will be talked about in bodybuilding circles for a long time.

2005 MR. OLYMPIA RESULTS

1 Ronnie Coleman
2 Jay Cutler
3 Gustavo Badell
4 Gunther Schlierkamp
5 Victor Martinez
6 Dennis James
7 Melvin Anthony
8 Branch Warren
9 Darrem Charles
10 Mustafa Mohammad
11 Johnnie Jackson
12 George Farah
13 Chris Cormier
14 David Henry
15 Markus Ruhl
Top six qualify for 2006 Mr. Olympia

Did not make top 15

Kris Dim
Alexander Fedorov
Craig Richardson
Ronny Rockell
Mike Sheridan
Quincy Taylor

Now on a side note... I am SOOOO glad Cormier bombed out. I only wish Priest was still in so he could kick sand in his face. Now we will have to listen to Cormier for 12 months complain about it in MD magazine.
Badell got third, which I hate. For no other reason than that fucked up side chest pose he does. Bitch needs to learn to pose.
Vic M place ahead of Darrem. WTF? Darrem was shafted horribly.
Alex Fed did worse than anyone ever imagined. The Weider hype machine has an egg on their face now, you can bet you won't be seeing Alex on anymore covers anytime soon. But at least his unibrow was symmetrical.
Johnnie Jackson should have placed ahead of Dennis James. Dennis was bloated like a whale, but Johnnie was dead on the money.

All in all, it did nothing but reenforce what I already believed... that the Arnold Classic is a much better contest.

a final lmao goes out to all who wonder who was gonna win this great "sporting" event
Look at the previos yrs winners. Yr in and yr out the same dude wins. I bet you cannot find another "sporting" event where the same dude has won the event the last 8 yrs in a row. Smells like a fraud to me, and peeps wonder why bb'ing gets no respect in the athletic community
2004 Mr. Olympia Results - Ronnie Coleman
2003 Mr. Olympia Results - Ronnie Coleman
2002 Mr. Olympia Results - Ronnie Coleman
2001 Mr. Olympia Results - Ronnie Coleman
2000 Mr. Olympia Results - Ronnie Coleman
1999 Mr. Olympia Results - Ronnie Coleman
1998 Mr. Olympia Results - Ronnie Coleman
1997 Mr. Olympia Results - Dorian Yates
1996 Mr. Olympia Results - Dorian Yates
1995 Mr. Olympia Results - Dorian Yates
1994 Mr. Olympia Results - Dorian Yates
1993 Mr. Olympia Results - Dorian Yates
1992 Mr. Olympia Results - Dorian Yates
1991 Mr. Olympia Results - Lee Haney
1990 Mr. Olympia Results - Lee Haney
1989 Mr. Olympia Results - Lee Haney
1988 Mr. Olympia Results - Lee Haney
1987 Mr. Olympia Results - Lee Haney
1986 Mr. Olympia Results - Lee Haney
1985 Mr. Olympia Results - Lee Haney
1984 Mr. Olympia Results - Lee Haney
1983 Mr. Olympia Results - Samir Bannout
1982 Mr. Olympia Results - Chris Dickerson
1981 Mr. Olympia Results - Franco Columbu
1980 Mr. Olympia Results - Arnold Schwarzenegger
1979 Mr. Olympia Results - Frank Zane
1978 Mr. Olympia Results - Frank Zane
1977 Mr. Olympia Results - Frank Zane
1976 Mr. Olympia Results - Franco Columbu
1975 Mr. Olympia Results - Arnold Schwarzenegger
1974 Mr. Olympia Results - Arnold Schwarzenegger
1973 Mr. Olympia Results - Arnold Schwarzenegger
1972 Mr. Olympia Results - Arnold Schwarzenegger
1971 Mr. Olympia Results - Arnold Schwarzenegger
1970 Mr. Olympia Results - Arnold Schwarzenegger
1969 Mr. Olympia Results - Sergio Oliva
1968 Mr. Olympia Results - Sergio Oliva
1967 Mr. Olympia Results - Sergio Oliva
1966 Mr. Olympia Results - Larry Scott
1965 Mr. Olympia Results - Larry Scott

Yates didn't deserve his last one, but I would have given it to him to keep it out of Flex and Kevin's hands.

AAP said:
Yates didn't deserve his last one, but I would have given it to him to keep it out of Flex and Kevin's hands.

It's a fucked up beauty pageant...with all the good sports on this time of year who gives a fuck about this??? lol, I have seen zero espn coverage of the Mr.O, which further validates that this "sport" gets no respect.

Reactions: PBR
Next year I'll place in the Top Ten. I wasn't as dry as I should have been.
:Chef: :tuc:

Gambino said:
It's a fucked up beauty pageant...with all the good sports on this time of year who gives a fuck about this??? lol, I have seen zero espn coverage of the Mr.O, which further validates that this "sport" gets no respect.

If you think that is bad... check out this "sport".

http://media.putfile.com/BenchPress25

Fat men with rubber bands on their arms getting crushed under 1000 pounds. How boring. Why, they didnt even have any fitness flanking the stage to keep the attention of the audience.

Listen to the crowd reaction.. like a circus show. Priceless.

AAP said:
If you think that is bad... check out this "sport".

http://media.putfile.com/BenchPress25

Fat men with rubber bands on their arms getting crushed under 1000 pounds. How boring. Why, they didnt even have any fitness flanking the stage to keep the attention of the audience.

Listen to the crowd reaction.. like a circus show. Priceless.

Feats of strength, i.e. powerlifting, o-lifting, or strongman, get more respect in my eyes than posing in a thong...surely the overall popularity of these sports over bb'ing should be proof of that. The skill of a o-lifter is huge, are you gonna deny that?? ask the average american what he would rather watch, strenght sports or bb'ing and I bet most would say strenght sports

Interesting. Eh, you'll have that.

On a side note of that, I don't mean any disrespect to anyone that is gay, but I am curious how many gay people go to these shows that don't even work out, just to watch the guys. Same goes for the women's shows. I wonder how many lesbians go to those.

What is the "belly ban?" This is the first i've heard of it. Or should I say what "was," since it sounds like it wasn't enforced, whatever it is.

Whiskey

Powerlifting nowdays features nothing more than fat guys fresh from the all you can eat China King Buffet in shirts much too small trying to explode their gut everywhere.

Raw pressing feats - strongman type events - I am more inclined to watch. But that shit in the video? Puleaze. Man+Drugs+Iron is all you need. None of these shirts and rubber bands that add 250lbs to your bench. I would bet raw benching, JOhnny Jackson would have blown him away.

In other news... Jeremy won the Weider vs MuscleTech Bench press comp.

Atheletes were given 225 to press as many reps as they could. Jeremy did 54 reps with it. Nassar, with all the fucking trash talking he did and drugs he is using, only got 15 reps with it. Hell, I can outbench Nassar. Garrett Downing surprised me with getting 31 reps.

Complete results :

1) Jeramy Freeman 54 reps (Muscletech)
2) Phil Heath 46 reps (Weider)
3) Sebastian Zona 43 reps (Muscletech)
4) Garret Downing 31 reps (Weider)
5) Justin Brooks 25 reps (Muscletech)
6) Roland Kickinger 17 reps (Weider)
6) Christian Boeving 17 reps (Muscletech)
7) Nasser 15 reps (no joke) (Weider)

Keep in mind that last time they did this, Ronnie entered it and got over 70 reps with it. 77 although some people discredit his last two because he didn't press to lock out.

Top Bottom