Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Mr O results...

Bbing cant be a sport as there is no OBJECTIVELY defined winner

pitbullstl said:
No, what cracks me up, are the assclowns on this thread acting like this is something that ANYONE can do.

I busted my ass for 10 years trying to be a competitive bodybuilder, and I didn't even come close to knocking on the door of pro status.

Sport is just a vague description of so many different things considered athletic. When, and if a competitive level PL wants to call out a bodybuilder...I'd be inclined to listen to that argument...because I have done both, and frankly was more successful as a PL'r......but when we have a bunch of posers who would crumble under anything over 405 on a squat bar, or couldn't pull the same weight more than 3"s of the ground.......it means not one damn thing.

i hope that's not directed at me bor...i get about 505 in each lift :)
you even said yourself you couldn't muster the courage to don a man thong and prance on stage...don't make me find that quote :)

The Shadow said:
Bbing cant be a sport as there is no OBJECTIVELY defined winner

Is that THE definition of sport, or yours..??

My opinion is that any activity that involves athleticism is indeed a sport.

While the show may be construed as merely a pageant, the road to the show and/or the activity quotient is indeed a sport.

pitbullstl said:
Is that THE definition of sport, or yours..??

My opinion is that any activity that involves athleticism is indeed a sport.

While the show may be construed as merely a pageant, the road to the show and/or the activity quotient is indeed a sport.

Mine....

I can leave athleticism out of it as I consider Golf to be a sport as it at least requires a skill level, while no necessarily athleticism.

For me - bbing CANT be a sport as there is no clearly defined objective "terms" for winning...such as the most points, most runs, etc.

Gambino said:
i hope that's not directed at me bor...i get about 505 in each lift :)
you even said yourself you couldn't muster the courage to don a man thong and prance on stage...don't make me find that quote :)

I did more than one show holmes.......while I did not like the pageantry aspect of the sport, nor the attire, it was a necessary evil.

The homophobia is a little third gradish....eh...?

The Shadow said:
Mine....

I can leave athleticism out of it as I consider Golf to be a sport as it at least requires a skill level, while no necessarily athleticism.

For me - bbing CANT be a sport as there is no clearly defined objective "terms" for winning...such as the most points, most runs, etc.

so what about diving? or sychronized swimming?

pitbullstl said:
I did more than one show holmes.......while I did not like the pageantry aspect of the sport, nor the attire, it was a necessary evil.

The homophobia is a little third gradish....eh...?

i guess i just don't derive any pleasure out of watching bb'ing, unlike other sports like football or bball. for that matter watching pl'ing or strongman doesn't thrill me either. just my opinion :)

Gambino said:
i guess i just don't derive any pleasure out of watching bb'ing, unlike other sports like football or bball. for that matter watching pl'ing or strongman doesn't thrill me either. just my opinion :)

I didn't watch the Olympia....

I did watch one of the best NCAA football games I have ever seen yesterday afternoon........I was more inclined to watch that, than watch my Birds get beat, yet again.

Are you guys arguing bb'ing versus pl'ing again?? Just watch the clip that AAP posted. That guy looks like the Pilsbury Doughboy wearing a rubberized female half top. Amazing all the insults bodybuilding gets. They are two totally different disciplines. Bodybuilding is more artistic, whereas powerlifting is more competitve.

Back to the topic at hand.

Alex Federov has got to be the most over-hyped bodybuilder ever. Looks like another case of too much mass and not enough refinement. I can't believe Ruhl slipped that far down. Looks like Cormier's heart is no longer in it.

Top Bottom