Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Most Radical Training Principe You'll Ever Hear...

Nelson Montana

Chairman of Board
Chairman Member
I know it sounds crazy, but after training for almost a half century I've come to an interesting conclusion.

For every body part, there is ONE BEST exercise.

So why do any others that are less effective?

Anyone?

Different angles? Variety? What? Muscles don't have angles.

What about going stale? The key is to do the exercises in varied ways. High reps, low reps. heavy. light with short rest in between sets, heavy with longs rests, heavy with a short rest, slow, fast, static, partials, etc, etc etc. There are dozens of options.

This works. Most people won't do it because it seems boring, but it's actually more interesting in that you get into exploring the methods of making that one best exercise work best.

Think about it. Better yet -- try it.

well, the question that seems to naturally follow is: what are these best exercises? And what makes some exercise the "best" for any particular body part? If db bench produces better hypertrophy in the chest of an individual, but barball bench produces better strength gains, which one is better?

I think the best exercise will vary from person to person. But I dont see the point in doing 50 different moves to work the same thing its a waste.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

well, the question that seems to naturally follow is: what are these best exercises? And what makes some exercise the "best" for any particular body part? If db bench produces better hypertrophy in the chest of an individual, but barball bench produces better strength gains, which one is better?

The answer to the second question is, what do want to do...get stronger or grow more muscle?

As for the "best" exercises, it varies from individual to individual but I do believe some exercises in general are superior to others.

Nelson which exercise do you personally think is best for each major group?

Assuming it's different than the typical squat/dead/press everyone knows are major complex muscle builders.

narrrow stance deadlift for back. Leg press for quads. Hammer curls for forearms, incline dumbell curls for biceps. weighted dips for triceps, dumbell shoulder press for delts... When I'm pressed for Time I will do these, and I must say they're very effective. For maximal grow and strength I think a variety of exercises is a must, but you can focus your workouts around one exercise that works best and I think that maybe a smart approach. Stick with what works and add in other things for variety and balance.

I know it sounds crazy, but after training for almost a half century I've come to an interesting conclusion.

For every body part, there is ONE BEST exercise.

So why do any others that are less effective?

Anyone?

Different angles? Variety? What? Muscles don't have angles.

What about going stale? The key is to do the exercises in varied ways. High reps, low reps. heavy. light with short rest in between sets, heavy with longs rests, heavy with a short rest, slow, fast, static, partials, etc, etc etc. There are dozens of options.

This works. Most people won't do it because it seems boring, but it's actually more interesting in that you get into exploring the methods of making that one best exercise work best.

Think about it. Better yet -- try it.

What about pennate muscles Nelson? I know there arent many in the body that would apply to training......

But the Lateral Head of the deltoid is a pennate muscle. And I think shoulders(mainly lateral head) SHOULD be trained with a few different angles. The fibers dont contract in a straight line like "normal" muscles do, so shouldnt it be trained with "angles"???

I think I remember reading Arnold did side laterals from a few different angles because of the pennate muscle.

The rectus femoris is a bi-pennate muscle as well. And looking at the anatomy it at least LOOKS like it can be hit in a different way by internally or externally rotating your ankle.

thanks nelson, haha I have a feeling your gonna call me some mean names. haha Food for thought to continue this conversation.

PS, I do agree with your original statement-there is a single exercise that is best for each muscle group

What about pennate muscles Nelson? I know there arent many in the body that would apply to training......

But the Lateral Head of the deltoid is a pennate muscle. And I think shoulders(mainly lateral head) SHOULD be trained with a few different angles. The fibers dont contract in a straight line like "normal" muscles do, so shouldnt it be trained with "angles"???

I think I remember reading Arnold did side laterals from a few different angles because of the pennate muscle.

The rectus femoris is a bi-pennate muscle as well. And looking at the anatomy it at least LOOKS like it can be hit in a different way by internally or externally rotating your ankle.

thanks nelson, haha I have a feeling your gonna call me some mean names. haha Food for thought to continue this conversation.

PS, I do agree with your original statement-there is a single exercise that is best for each muscle group

That's it's own muscle group. And it's a very small muscle. So sure, you want to do some laterals to get a little more definition in the cap, why not. But laterals arn;t going to build big shoulders.

Top Bottom