Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Completely Useless Equipment Thread

hahahahah forgot about that little jake off look alike POS.....im mad too now!

I know. and the commercials are so ridiculous. They show these buff ass dudes that that are most likely on the juice, shaking it and making faces like "O its so hard!!! I feel the burn!!!" LMAO I cant believe some people would actually believe you could build ANY sort of respectable physique with that thing. Its frustrating how ignorant people can be. But those stupid people give me hope.....I just need to come up with something like that, make a video of me using it, and im rich. lol

:mad::mad::mad::mad:Not only most useless but also most distructive....wait for it.............................wait for it..............................................FUCKING LEG EXTENSION MACHINE!
Biggest POS ever developed for leg work. The single most body damaging machine in existance:mad::mad::mad::mad:!

I dunno, the updated version of Arnold's encyclopedia explains he could not get full definition without the use if machines such as leg extensions and some. He does also talk of single plane motion and its negatives but he says more than anything, a machine and free weights have to share a balance
Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I dunno, the updated version of Arnold's encyclopedia explains he could not get full definition without the use if machines such as leg extensions and some. He does also talk of single plane motion and its negatives but he says more than anything, a machine and free weights have to share a balance

lol at leg extensions giving you definition

the bullshit that I've read Arnold preaching is laughable at best

I'm gonna have to go with somebody that has been working out and competing for over 4 decades. And the proof is in the pudding as far as proof. As far as preaching, 30 "experts" write a book about the save thing, it doesn't mean 29 are wrong, it means that there are multiple approaches to one thing

I'm gonna have to go with somebody that has been working out and competing for over 4 decades. And the proof is in the pudding as far as proof. As far as preaching, 30 "experts" write a book about the save thing, it doesn't mean 29 are wrong, it means that there are multiple approaches to one thing

very true

so go follow arnolds's workout encylopedia for 10 years and let me know how you get on

i would actually be interested to see how it worked out

maybe you'll have to take steroids from the age of 15 like arnold did though

by that logic maybe Ill follow mike mentzer's HIT workouts and lift for 15mins per workout, once every 5-7 days. Since it obviously worked for him and his brother, its gotta work just as good for me, right?

and Vince Gironda! he was one of the top bodybuilders of his time, he said you should lower the bar to your throat when benchpressing (putting the shoulders in the most injury prone position possible) and put your feet on the bench or in the air (giving you the least stability possible), so since it obviously worked for him I guess Ill go do that too! right? :rolleyes: :confused:

the point is our understanding of training and how the body responds has progressed massively since Arnold wrote his workout encyclopedia book, he is no longer one of the top people to follow as far as lifting advice goes.

very true

so go follow arnolds's workout encylopedia for 10 years and let me know how you get on

i would actually be interested to see how it worked out

maybe you'll have to take steroids from the age of 15 like arnold did though

by that logic maybe Ill follow mike mentzer's HIT workouts and lift for 15mins per workout, once every 5-7 days. Since it obviously worked for him and his brother, its gotta work just as good for me, right?

and Vince Gironda! he was one of the top bodybuilders of his time, he said you should lower the bar to your throat when benchpressing (putting the shoulders in the most injury prone position possible) and put your feet on the bench or in the air (giving you the least stability possible), so since it obviously worked for him I guess Ill go do that too! right? :rolleyes: :confused:

the point is our understanding of training and how the body responds has progressed massively since Arnold wrote his workout encyclopedia book, he is no longer one of the top people to follow as far as lifting advice goes.

owned

Before the long defense and before the "owned" read what I wrote. I said not every approach is wrong yet different in ways. As for the 10 year bit, you've been lifting for a few years now, so don't try to be a pompous ass and try to take me to school. I put in my two cents and did the same thing as you're doing, spouting off something I read in a book. Also, bodybuilding has not changed so drastically as to discount older information. Go tell one of the old school giants in the gym to be careful for their rotator cuff on a pulldown and they'll probably look at you as being as impressive if not less impressive as the big shit they took that morning.

I was not talking in reference to you saying that each person has a different take on training and neither is wrong.

I was refering to the bit where you said "I'll take the advice from someone who has been bodybuilding for decades because the proof is in the pudding when you look at the results he got" or something similar.

And I never said bodybuilding drastically changed, I said the information available to us now is far more advanced than in the 70s and 80s. Hence the training that was recomended back then be regarded as useless
now.

Top Bottom