Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Taking Up Boxing

*The_West* said:
see how at the top it says 'thai boxing association of the USA.' i live in england. im not sure how other countries and organizations govern their sports, but training where i do and with who i do you get belts in kick+thai.
who are you anyway? are you actually a fighter or just some random who goes round googling info on the internet?

ya your probably right, thai boxing association of USA doesnt have belts, but im sure Thai fighter in England do... :rolleyes: do they train in gis as well? where do they put their belt? around their shorts perhaps? i am not going to name drop and try to explain my credentials to you. just found it laughable that guys were black belts in Muay Thai.

blackmike said:
ya your probably right, thai boxing association of USA doesnt have belts, but im sure Thai fighter in England do... :rolleyes: do they train in gis as well? where do they put their belt? around their shorts perhaps? i am not going to name drop and try to explain my credentials to you. just found it laughable that guys were black belts in Muay Thai.
no of course we dont dont train in a gi. i dont even wear my belts, whats the point? they sit in a cabinet in my house. when i have been training for the next level you pay the course fee, are assessed in various techniques and training methods, and if you are succesful you receive your belt and a certificate. as i said, its different organizations. here you have to have a black belt to be an certified kickboxing coach. you dont want "try and explain your credentials" is that because you think i wont understand, or because you have none? i dont make myself out to be some sort of ultimate warrior or fountain of knowledge, all i know is i have a black in kick boxing and a brown in thai.

plus the_alcatraz is a well respected and knowledgable member of these forums, he isnt going to just make something like that up. and neither am i. i get the impression you're not even a fighter, so what would you know?

*The_West* said:
and also those muay thai belts are ones you receive for winning tournaments, not ones you get to show your level of training

http://members.aol.com/Thaiboxing2000/muay.html

first paragraph should explain it to you. im sure this is far different than whatever McDojo you are going to. (some karate dojos are teaching "Muay Thai" and incoorperating belts to make more money and offer tests to move onto the next belt.) gimme a fuckin break...

plus the_alcatraz is a well respected and knowledgable member of these forums, he isnt going to just make something like that up. and neither am i. i get the impression you're not even a fighter, so what would you know?

Alcatraz seems like a good story teller to me. I have been boxing for 15 years a guy ready to turn pro and a good fighter isn't going to get destroyed by a fighter in 1 round that has never boxed come on man anybody that has boxed knows that. It is very rare in sparring to get busted up at all but your boys 1st time boxing he is making peoples face look like a train wreck in the 1st round. lol

lol hey bro. i wasnt aware that Muay Thai or kickboxing offered belts...

depends on the country bro. I know Canada doesn't. When I got here, walked into a dojo and showed them my belts, they kinda laughed and thought I was fuckin around. They werent laughing when I was sparring though.

Alcatraz seems like a good story teller to me. I have been boxing for 15 years a guy ready to turn pro and a good fighter isn't going to get destroyed by a fighter in 1 round that has never boxed come on man anybody that has boxed knows that. It is very rare in sparring to get busted up at all but your boys 1st time boxing he is making peoples face look like a train wreck in the 1st round. lol

If you've ever boxed, then you know a big guy with a hammer for a punch can get lucky. even if he's never boxed before. I guess I got lucky. That boxer wouldnt last a second with me in a cage, but in a boxing ring, he probably would kick my as in a sanctioned fight. He underestimated me, maybe...he's overrated, perhaps...but I knocked him the fuck out and no one was laughing.

I really don't care whether or not you believe me either man...it's all good. Not going to affect my life either way :)

Enjoy your stay here at EF, and if you ned any help, don't hesitate to PM me.

so i was in the gym doing some squats, and heard some boxer say that i might look big because of the juice, but i can't fight for shit...he said something like he could kill me with one punch. Now being on the juice and squatting, i'm usually feeling aggressive and pumped. I was also pissed that day, so i decided to confront him. We both ended up in the ring, and round one, i wiped the floor with him and hit blood was on my shirt, and his face looked like it was run over by a train. To my surprise, that guy was an amateur boxer trying to go pro and one of the best fighters in the gym. Just today, his coach came up to me asking me if i would like to take up boxing as a profession, telling me that the last time he saw that guy take a beating was last year, and he didnt look as bad...

So, i"m considering becoming a pro boxer, or training to become one...whatcha guys think?

Waste of time, or go for it?

go for it

If you've ever boxed, then you know a big guy with a hammer for a punch can get lucky. even if he's never boxed before. I guess I got lucky. That boxer wouldnt last a second with me in a cage, but in a boxing ring, he probably would kick my as in a sanctioned fight. He underestimated me, maybe...he's overrated, perhaps...but I knocked him the fuck out and no one was laughing.

I really don't care whether or not you believe me either man...it's all good. Not going to affect my life either way :)

Enjoy your stay here at EF, and if you ned any help, don't hesitate to PM me.

Well when you say his face looked like a train wreck in 1 round I find it hard to believe with a good fighter ready to turn pro. Catching him with a good shot of course it can happen. I have been on ef since 2001.

Top Bottom