Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Taking a deep breath & jumping

atmeh

Hello!

I am obviously a newbie here & I wanted to post to introduce myself, as I'm going to need support over the next 2 years to attain my fitness goal.

The stats: 5 ft 11 inches, currently at 216 lbs, BMI is 33% taken last week. I'll be happy to reach below 30% in one year at 190 lbs. year two, i'll re-evaluate with all you folks chiming in...

The workout: Weight & cross training 2x week one on one to get used to it for 12 weeks - I'm into it at week 6. 1x week yoga for 1 to 1/2 hours to regain flexibility. 2x week walking to get used to regular cardio movement.

The motivation: I have'nt been on any fitness routine for over 3 years. I let myself go 3 years ago when my brother was diagnosed with cancer & died. I spent most of my free time caring for him since everyone in the family & friends circle kinda fell apart at the news.

I finally looked at myself & decided: I am going to change. The change started this spring with throwing all the crap out of my pantry ( donated it) & taking a walk.

I don't have any burning questions right now, but I am on a quest to find a gym close to my home. I don't have anyone to work out with as no one in my circle works out or belongs to a gym. I am looking forward to just being among someone whom is motivated....The person who suggested this site is a good friend whom does work out, but lives far from me & our schedules conflict. He has had tremendous gains this year & has certainly motivated me with positive comments about weight training for me. Every one of his suggestions has worked for me so far.

I will post more later with pics, etc. once I get settled with a gym.

It's been a pleasure reading the women's forum so far, & hope to comment regularly.

see ya!

atmeh said:
Hello!

I am obviously a newbie here & I wanted to post to introduce myself, as I'm going to need support over the next 2 years to attain my fitness goal.

The stats: 5 ft 11 inches, currently at 216 lbs, BMI is 33% taken last week. I'll be happy to reach below 30% in one year at 190 lbs. year two, i'll re-evaluate with all you folks chiming in...

The workout: Weight & cross training 2x week one on one to get used to it for 12 weeks - I'm into it at week 6. 1x week yoga for 1 to 1/2 hours to regain flexibility. 2x week walking to get used to regular cardio movement.

The motivation: I have'nt been on any fitness routine for over 3 years. I let myself go 3 years ago when my brother was diagnosed with cancer & died. I spent most of my free time caring for him since everyone in the family & friends circle kinda fell apart at the news.

I finally looked at myself & decided: I am going to change. The change started this spring with throwing all the crap out of my pantry ( donated it) & taking a walk.

I don't have any burning questions right now, but I am on a quest to find a gym close to my home. I don't have anyone to work out with as no one in my circle works out or belongs to a gym. I am looking forward to just being among someone whom is motivated....The person who suggested this site is a good friend whom does work out, but lives far from me & our schedules conflict. He has had tremendous gains this year & has certainly motivated me with positive comments about weight training for me. Every one of his suggestions has worked for me so far.

It's been a pleasure reading the women's forum so far, & hope to comment regularly.

see ya!

Welcome!
Ask any questions and we'll try to help..

atmeh said:
Hello!

see ya!
The user 'atmeh' has been gifted a platinum membership!

Welcome to ef. We would be happy to become great friends and motivaters in your life. We are one big happy family of health nuts and work out addicts around here. Please post often we would love to learn more about you.

welcome! good luck with your goals :) i recently joined as well, hoping to lose some weight i put on after "letting go" last year.. it was due to an injury then stress..

people here are hardcore and the energy/motivation is contagious ..

this will be us pretty soon :bikinimom

Reactions: bw1
I admire you for being so loyal to your brother. FAMILY is soooo very important. :heart:

Welcome to EF and to the Women's Forum. The ladies here are top notch! Feel free to ask any question at any time. Congratulations on your goals. Keep them in front of you at all times. :)

KILL THAT SHIT!!

Reactions: bw1
welcome aboard. i definitely understand the space that you're coming from - had something similar go on myself. you'll find plenty of great info here

Top Bottom