Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

T-Cake's 2006 Log

Ulter said:
That's a good idea, thanks Sassy and Bunny.
She's going to change out some things next week. The machine she's talking about is the HS isolated lateral shoulder press. This doesn't seem to bother her shoulders and is a great machine to finish with.
Hello! :D Yeah, I'm excited to change things up ANYTIME though. :rose: I'm looking forward to the new machine.

Sass and Bunz -- I feel like a smarty-pants lifter girl getting real "try this move" advice from you two, my heroes. :garza: :supercool Coooooool.

I've always wanted to try the chin pull up thing; I see people on the assisted ones all the dang time, and I also see a lot of people working the T-grip for the rows.

Thanks for the tips! :) I'm hoping that at the Arnold, curgeo and Ulter and I can write me a new routine (along with everyon else's great advice). My weights are going up and up... but new stuff is always more interesting to do. I did my current routine for 6 weeks prior to surgery... and this is week 7 post-surgery (the first 3-4 weeks were me building back up to my strength; the last 4 weeks have been growth and PRs).

Time to write a quiz! :bigkiss:

I like the HS iso lateral shoulder press - good stuff!! I like the high row one too....

jenscats5 said:
I like the HS iso lateral shoulder press - good stuff!! I like the high row one too....
I'm just excited to have some new things to try out! I feel like this is finally the brink of me "fine-tuning" the muscle I do have; it's not just about bulking anymore. Pretty cool! :)

Log for Thursday, Friday 15, 2007
Biceps & Triceps

Bar Curl (Goal: Sets of 12)
1. 50# curl bar x 12 :D
2. x 10
3. x 7 Did these last for once, so I think had I done them earlier I made have made it to 12 another set; I'll keep trying

Skull Crushers (Goal: Sets of 15)
40# curl bar x 15 x 3 sets Will try 50# bar next time again... maybe I'll have better luck on my 2nd attempt

Standing DB Curls (Goal: 1 set w/ 30# dbs)
1. 30# dbs x 5, DS 25# dbs x 6
2. 30# dbs x 3, DS, 25# dbs x 8
3. 30# dbs x 4, DS, 25# dbs x 8
:D Goal! Last time, I couldn't even get 2 reps with 30#, so to do 3 drop sets was GREAT for me!

Tricep Rope Push to Knees (Goal: 3 drop sets or 50# to 10)
1. 50# "heavy" x 10 :D Made it to 10; no DS needed
2. 50# x 7, DS 45# x 5
3. 50# x 5.5, DS 45# x 6

Abs Quickie
Declined Situps with 25# chest plate: 3 sets x 25 each

Happy with the workout; had a bad headache all afternoon and felt better after dinner, pre-workout but felt tired. I was surprised I was able to get such good lifts out of myself -- I'll credit that to Red Blast and my meal. :p

Going out of town over the weekend to see my dad. Excited about it; they just built our gym (it's a chain) over on that side of FL near my dad, so hopefully we'll/I'll be able to get my workouts in. Going to look into that now.

Time to write quiz #2!

Hey gals. :qt:

Out of town until later today visiting my dad and stepmom on the other side of FL. Kind of nice to get out of Orlando because I'm ready to hurt people at work; it's all I think about, dream about... the stress is unbelieveable. Meeting after meeting, no breaks in sight, this week I don't get a planning period... we don't have school tomorrow (Monday) and we're headed back home today so at least I can mellow out and try to calm down since then.

I've just been angry most of the weekend -- the stress has built up and I'm exhausted. The drive in the car is a bit much on me and I'm holding so much in, but I will get through. I didn't do cardio/weights yesterday... and tonight I'll do then both when I get home. It's been especially hard to stay calm without my cardio. :(

Any ideas why I would suddenly have headaches daily from Thursday to.... now? It just wont' go away. I would imagine it's because I haven't exercised since Friday morning... but I'm not sure. Doing my best to keep my water wayyyyy up and I've only drank one drink this weekend.

Anyhow, miss everyone. Hope you gals are having a good weekend. I just feel on the brink of something and am waiting to relax... very unusual for me, but the job is just really draining me of everything right now. :( I just want to calm down and be happy again...

OK, so I managed to cry it out before I left my dad's. I felt worlds better after that - I must have been holding a lot of shit inside.

Won't make it to the gym tonight on time bc they close at 8... so that means big day tomorrow, but I should kick ass since I rested my body (though not my brain) this weekend. Gonna try some new shoulder stuff tomorrow and go tanning. I need a little girl time, ya know? :)

jenscats5 said:
HUGS to you T-cake!! Be strong gf.....
Thanks, Jen. Going to head to the gym here in a few -- legs (20 rep sets), shoulders, then cardio.

Maybe I'll be done there by this evening. :lmao: :D I'll post later... thinking of starting a 2007 new log. It's time I think... and I want to have a format like the others here so it's the same info most days. Thinking about it... :rolleyes:

T-Cake said:
OK, so I managed to cry it out before I left my dad's. I felt worlds better after that - I must have been holding a lot of shit inside.

Won't make it to the gym tonight on time bc they close at 8... so that means big day tomorrow, but I should kick ass since I rested my body (though not my brain) this weekend. Gonna try some new shoulder stuff tomorrow and go tanning. I need a little girl time, ya know? :)

Get your girl time in, I find my dad makes everything better :heart:

201870iggoq4r6ym.gif

T-Cake's Mega/Minor Update
Been a crazy last few days because I have been out of town and had to jump back on the bandwagon since Friday. Haven't had a break that long in awhile, so well-deserved I suppose.

Friday, February 16, 2007

AM Cardio Circuit: 20 minutes rowing machine, 30 minutes stairmill

No PM Lifting Went out of town...

Saturday, February 17, 2007 & Sunday, February 18, 2007
NOTHING. :qt: And man, was I feelin' it! I needed a workout BAD!

These days, I usually do shoulders Sunday and lower body on Saturday... so...

Monday, February 19, 2007
CRAZY MAKE-UP WORKOUT DAY AT THE GYM! :p

Shoulders Lifting 1st

Shoulder Press (Smith Machine) (Goal: 3 sets x 35# NO ASSIST to 10)
WU: 25# on bar x 8
35# x 10 x 3 :elephant: PR! No assist this time!

Upright Row w/ Squat Rack's Bar (Goal: 25# on bar x 12 ea, 3 sets)
Squat Bar + 25# x 12 :jump:
Made the goal! Will do 1 set with 30# on the bar next time

NEW!!!
Iso-Lateral HS Shoulder Press (Goal: Increase weight; know I can do 25# on each arm)
1. 25# each arm x 12 Felt like a warm-up...
2. 30# each arm x 11.5 Maxed
3. 30# each arm x 8 Maxed
BONUS SET: 30# x 8
Definitely need 90 second rest, not 1 minute, for these. This is going to make my front delts growwwww like made! :evil:

DB Read Delt Row (Goal: 3 sets w/ 50# SDB, 6-8 reps) Lofty!
1. 50# SDB x 8 each arm
2. x 6 each arm Heard something crack on my right side... stopped at 6 and recouped for a minute...
3. x 8 each arm :D Guess I'm okay! :supercool

Incline DB Compound Press (floor to overhead) (Goal: 20# dbs, 3 sets 12)
20# dbs x 12 x 3 sets :jump: GOAL

Broke all my records from last week. :garza: On to legs... :worried:

Lower Body/Leg Lifting Week 4 of "20-rep-sets"

Leg Press (Goal: 115#, 125#, 125#)
1. 115# x 20 Scary easy... did I miscount plates?
2. 140# x 20
3. 140# x 20 :supercool Goal! That's more like it...

Good Mornings (Goal: NOT 20 reps; Increase weight on bar 1 set)
1. squat rack bar + 50# x 12
2. same as 1
3. squat rack bar + 55# x 10 :supercool Goal! Do 2 sets with 55# next week

Dead Lifts @ Squat Rack (Goal: Bar + 55#, 3 sets x 20)
1. squat bar + 55# x 20
2. squat bar + 60# x 20 SURPASSED goal!
3. same as 2
These were hardddddd... :worried: My straps were cutting into my wrists because I have to hold on to that bar for so damn long. Ladies, I seriously have hand's smaller than a 11-year-olds... it's ridiculous! I don't know how I hold on to this shit in the gym... :D

Prone Leg Curls (Goal: 45#, 50#, 50#)
1. 45# x 20
2. 50# x 20
3. 55# x 20 :supercool Surpassed goal! Will do 50, 55, 55 next

Leg Extensions (Goal: 3 sets w/ 40# each leg) :evil:
I DESPISE THESE. They burn like hell. :mad:
40# each leg x 20 x 3 sets :rolleyes: Goal made... ow!

Seated Calve Raises (Goal: Increase weight... I really need to lean these suckers out...)
1. 60# x 20
2. 65# x 20
3. 70# x 20 :supercool Yeah, baby! :) Will start at 65# next time

All record-breakers again.

And to finish it off for the day... 40 minutes of cardio circuit:
20 minutes steady state rowing, max level 10
20 minutes HIIT stairmill, L8 - L12

Total time at the gym: About 3.5 hours, no joke... *sigh*

Took today off. Have company in town tomorrow and Friday night, so will lift on Thursday night for sure. I did my Spinning Class this morning and because I took the weekend off, I'm doing cardio tomorrow morning instead of sleeping in (though today was ROUGH AS HELL and I need it... long story)

:wavey:

NICE workouts!!!! YOu never cease to amaze me :heart: Can't wait to meet ya in a little over a week thats for sure!!!

Top Bottom