Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

T-Cake's 2006 Log

Awww hun!!! :rose:
Like I told you earlier tonight you are the furthest thing from a failure that there is!!! Think of how much you have already accomplished and how much you still have on your plate for this year!!! LIke you told me a couple of days ago... this is gonna be a VERY GOOD year for you! If your knees are killing you sweetie, then thats a sign they needed a break, so missing this race is a small blessing in disguise!!! Don't you worry there will be other races, if thats what you choose to do... but with or without the race you are still a winner in my eyes :bigkiss: :heart:

Like Buns, Roony, and SBT told you; you are sooooo not a quitter!!!! If your knees are hurting now they will be 10 times worse running that distance. Think hard pavement..... I have ran 3 marathons and started out everyone refreshed no aches and pains, and all of them will create havoc on your body in some fashion or another. It's a LOT of stress. By my 3rd one I was only half way done when my feet felt like I was stepping on glass, but I was determined to finish and by the time I did I was so miserable it's just not good. Whoopie for a medal... Mine are all tucked away in a drawer now. There are two different t-shirts one just states the race, one usually says "I finished". The "I finished" ones you have to purchase. Lots of people wore the shirts handed out and they didn't run...
Ice those knees, stretch, and just get your body ready for the next one. Life happens I know you feel down about this because duhhh you are belittiling yourself that you should have read the website sooner, blah blah blah.. but seriously like you even said. "Blessing in disguise". Everyone will understand and not think any less of you. Also, running a race or not is NOT a determinent if you are a winner or loser. I think we all know better then that!!!! I think you posted pictures just last week and look how far you have come!!! It's not the end of the world, just find another thing and go with that. You are really an inspiring person show everyone how T-Cake overcomes obstacles and laugh at the silliness of the situation.
:heart: Nothing but love Cakers!!

Just another thought.... pin point 10k with your car or something and run it anyway. I have missed many races and I just do that instead.

:heart: :heart:

T-Cake, I'm sorry. :rose: All I can do is reiterate what has been said, so I won't do that and bore ya. ;) You've done all the prep for this, so you were ready. You are definitely not a quitter!! You're AWESOME!

Just some more support for your girl. I don't think you're a quitter by any means. You trained your butt off for this race and it didn't work out...o well. I can promise you that there will be a heck of a lot more 1/2 marathons for you to kick butt in. Now take care of those knees!!!

:rose: x a zillion

You a quitter, haha don't be so silly girl! You are so far from that. Ok so you missed the race, there will be another 1. You need to start looking at all the things in your life that you accomplished., you're inspiring to so many!

Everything always works out, you may not understand the reason now, but you will!

Ok so now it's time for you to go back to smiling my pineapple ;) :heart:

Awww that sucks about missing the packet pick up, etc......but it's only money! And you are SO not a quitter...things happen for a reason!!

Chin up gf!! HUGS! :rose:

Hello, ladies.

WOW, I can't believe how many of you posted in the last 24 hours! Thank you so much... I knew I was supported, but you all just really know how to make me feel awesome.

Thank you thank you thank you! :bigkiss::heart: :rose: galore to you all!

I got about 11 hours of sleep last night... I didn't even wake up until 11am this morning and honestly, my head was KILLING me. :worried: I had a glass of Sangria last night and didn't take Sesapure with it... that's the only thing I can think of.

So I took some Ibuprofen and was feeling well enough to hit the gym at 12:30pm -- late late start for a Saturday but whatever, right?

I wasn't as sad this morning to NOT be doing that race. I woke up at 7am for a moment and thought "OMG, I would be on Mile 8 right now!" and my body was just ACHING, so that small moment made me happy I wasn't doing it.

I still feel silly that I'll have to explain it to people at work next week, but you know -- my priority right now is LIFTING and getting to goal. If I had run/walked that race... I probably would have been out of commission at the gym, cardio AND lifting, for a week, which would have totally upset me.

SO -- I'm good again. :D And I had my REAL cheat day today. :) I had my ISO shake, a Crispani at Panera for lunch, fish tacos at Cheesecake Factory for dinner, and a piece of cheesecake. :p :D It's all good again.

Here are my lifts for this week:
Shoulders on Thursday, Jan. 4, 2007

Shoulder Press on Smith Machine
1. 20# on bar x 15
2. same x 12
3. 25# on bar x 10

Upright Row
1. squart bar + 20# x 10
2. same
3. same

DB Lateral Raises
1. 15# dbs x 10
2. same
3. same

DB Rear Delt Row
1. 40# single DB x 10 each arm
2. same
3. same

Incline Compound DB Press
1. 15# dbs x 8
2. same
3. same
These are the ones Ulter almost put me in tears doing -- I was so damn exhausted but my lateral delts need the work so it's GOING to do the trick!

Lower Body/Core on Saturday, Jan. 6, 2007

Leg Press
1. 110# x 10
2. 130# x 10
3. 135# x 10 --> This was great; just need to be real warm first.

Good Mornings
1. squat bar + 35# x 10
2. same
3. squat bar + 40# x 10 --> Workin' hard with this; keep head up!

Dead Lifts
1. squat rack x 50# x 12
2. squat rack x 65# x 10 --> Warm up here, start here
3. squat rack x 70# x 10 --> Hard work; goal is to get back to 85#

Leg Extensions
1. 55# ea. leg x 10
2. same
3. x 9 Maxed

Leg Curls
1. 50# ea. leg x 12
2. 55# ea. leg x 10
3. same as 2

Seated Calve Raises
1. 70# x 12
2. 80# x 12
3. 90# x 12 --> This is normal for me; wanted to make sure the knees were warmed up before jumping to 90#

After lifting today, I did the stairmill for 40 minutes, so yes, I totally killed my legs, but I think it was better spent pushing plates than walk/running alone for 2.5 hours.

I'm not upset about the missed race anymore... that's life and I can work hard on my own. They showed some people on the news doing the race and you know, it's a big deal for most people... but I'm an exception.

THEY don't do what I do DAILY.

Hell, they don't what we ALL do on this board.

SO I feel special again. :halo:

Alright ladies I'm outie-5000. I love you all. :wavey:

T......there are always more races.....you only have one set of knees......You'll do it just not this week.....you are still my motivation girl.......You will be there very soon.....(((((HUGS)))))

Gymgurl said:
T......there are always more races.....you only have one set of knees......You'll do it just not this week.....you are still my motivation girl.......You will be there very soon.....(((((HUGS)))))
Good point. Thanks, GG :rose:

Good morning, people. :D

Top Bottom