Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steroids, bodybuilding, and martial arts

Hmmm....did you not see the flames comming? If you think someone is tough...and they dont' fight a lot, atleast in class, and compete against all other competitors...they are not tough...they are just tough in your eyes. Saying that one style is by far better is a farce. There is not one fighter better than another. If this was true...then the boxer would be the most handi-capped fighter in the world...because he only has 2 weapons and fights standing up.

Just gets under my skin to say that a style is better than another...only the fighter is better. There are terrible fighters in every style. Heck...I fought a 76 year old man in a class one time...I was afraid to touch him because he might fall over and die on me. He never touched me either...and I tried to let him often. Does that mean that his style sucked? No...doesn't mean that he sucked either...but he definatley isn't meant to fight a fighter that was my age...or anyone else for that matter.

Sorry for rambling...but this whole comparison of styles is a bunch of crap.

B True

PhatPat - on the chi thing, uhh.... in our club, one ecercise was hitting/kicking a board attached to a tall steel post, attached in such a way as to be loose 1/4 inch fom the pole. you hit it perfectly flat and left the energy with the board and it would have a nice satisfying smack sound and feel. now one time when Ted Wong came down from No Cal., he happened to (seemingly lightly) kick the board. I felt the ground quivering fro a few seconds AND I WAS 8-10 FEET AWAY! Most arts practice directing energy (at least at a higher level) but few are good at it. btw: JKD is NOT a direvation of wing chun altho there are some similar practice exersises. your cuz did not study with the nucleus group (bruce's actual students) or you would know that JKD practices directed energy (ever hear of a 1 inch punch?) anyway ANYONE from any style who is under thirty five and over 3rd Dan (degree) or a 5+ yr Master or someone over 35 who is 5dan or a 10+ yr master is a big bad MOFO, no matter what. Always keep in mind tho - a 235lb 6'2" master with 5 black belts dont mean much to a 150lb midget with 6 lead bullets :D ;) :p (as long as he's at least 15' away and can shoot):karate: :smash:

hey whats up?

hey whats up? back this last semester, i had a trainer and did some boxing. my trainer was telling me how he could get me some good amateur fights and maybe work up to the state golden gloves championship. i would really like to do that, and it also makes u feel like you could kick alot of people's asses lol...
neway, just thought i would throw in my words :)

Hungry 1, there are counter examples, but in general, ground fighting is what wins NHB competitions. I forget what UFC it was, but check out when Vitor Belfort (who's previous fights had never gone over one minute, including KO'ing Tank Abbot) was KO'd by the pure wrestler Randy Coture for the title, who has 0 boxing experience. M'kay.

Pat, that's exactly what I was going to say. Also, Couture still boxes today on Team Quest. On a side note, Couture was submitted by Enson Inoue(BJJ) who Couture outweighed a good deal. I think wrestling is a great background to have, but wrestling alone won't win fights in NHB.

Last edited:
randall_flagg...Amen brother...Amen.

B True

athlete03 said:
Hungry 1, there are counter examples, but in general, ground fighting is what wins NHB competitions. I forget what UFC it was, but check out when Vitor Belfort (who's previous fights had never gone over one minute, including KO'ing Tank Abbot) was KO'd by the pure wrestler Randy Coture for the title, who has 0 boxing experience. M'kay.

athlete03 said:

Tank Abbot KO'd!? Anybody know which UFC this was? I gotta see this... Speaking of Tank Abbot, did he have any formal training, or was he just a barroom brawler?

Top Bottom