Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Steroids, bodybuilding, and martial arts

C

Cuts

My first love is bodybuilding... hands down. However, I just recently started kickboxing and I really enjoy it... great cardio workout, good stretching, and of course hitting other people ;) ! I've never tried any of the other martial arts out there (I know there are a lot of them). What do ya'll think is the best discipline to go along with the typical bodybuilder physique? Taw Kwon Doe? Kung-Fu? Thai? Ju-Jitsu? Judo? Any others? I want to continue my martial arts training but would like to do something that will compliment and be complimented by my bodybuilding lifestyle. Thanks.

I've formally studied several kinds of martial arts since I was about nine and the one that's by far the best is freestyle/greco wrestling (check out the UFC's). Boxing is pretty hard core too. Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, and all the classics are generally a waste of time because in open, no holds barred competitions they fail miserably.

me and my friend were having a conversation about this.....

unless your bruce lee, a normal martial arts person against a person who likes to get in fights, is going to lose.... there is no way martial arts is going to help you...

trust me ive seen lots of fights, and i have seen a few where GOOD martial arts guys try to use there "techniques" and get their ass kicked.

try the good UFC stuff

I have studied bando (burmese), Isshinryu and Escrima/Arnis/Kali (mostly filipino stick fighting) but by far the best was "modified accelerated wing chun gung fu", a name given because out of respect for Bruce, it was not called what it was "Jeet Kune Do".

For real fighting this is unquestionably the baddest of the bad. You will be very unlikely to get the real thing tho in these large dojo's. Our class was at our teacher's house and altho there were supposed to be a maximum of 12 students in the "school" i never saw more than 6 of us in one class. This guy was one of Bruce's last students and trained with Wong, kimura and herb (Bruce's main studernts) - looked like budda - no joke! - fastest MOFO ever tho. Very hard to get in or stay in his class tho - he was always testing us - go get water, sweep the floor, training till 2am, trying to make us mad, etc. to make sure he wasnt training any meatheads who would kill someone! serious - when u called, if he thought u were black he'd say he was kkk or black panther if the other way around!!! :p

but never have i been so good! - true Jeet Kune Do's basic philosophy the essence of fighting power which comes from speed and speed is based on relaxation. All forms are a waste of time - you must train your reflexes. We were so fast it was sad!!! we would go into other famous dojo's (wont mention names) to watch black belts spar. soooooo slooooow - it was if we wwere watching the matrix - I never really thought I was that fast till I saw others (was just average in our group)

anyway - my recomend since u probably wont get to get a guy like this - the less forms the better, focus on reflex - akido/hopkido/jiu jitsu/judo is ok and plain wing chun is good if you know to focus on feel not form. wath out most of the jeet kune do schools are not the fullness of the art but are still the best in my opinion for street and yes this includes grapling arts (i wrestled state level in high scool).
:cool:

Last edited:
Oh oh.. the ever dreaded "best martial art" thread! I did thai boxing (kickboxing with elbows and knees) and submission wrestling (aka pankration) for almost 2 years until I broke my pinkie recently (hurts like a beyotch). I'd recommend any kind of mixed fighting style. Know stand up fighting, but also know how to take someone down.

my $0.02

I'de say the ving tsun / wing chun . Its all the stuff you aren't allowed to use in UFC . Its easy to learn , you can practice by yourself, it works well for multiple attackers (like most barfights turn into).

Well just my 2 cents i trained in brazilian jujitsu even though i only practiced for a couple yrs in that time learned excellent submission holds. I wrestled at a state level, so i had a good base for grappling, and from day one could take any of them down. I thought shit there not all that, i found out and learned later they wanted to be on there back. The class had 5 days a week 2 were done in in the gee, and 3 were done Vale Tudo which is no holds barred. We had and still they have about 5 full time fighters. The best one has won the Florida Title a couple times but for the abuse and very little money he gets it doesnt seem worth it as a sport. Your winnings should at least be more than your Dr bill. And at that level , everyone is grappling, and punching lots. You will get hurt. I got out because i have always lifted weights and as i started to lift more weight in Compition the grappling left my joints to painful and stiff and since Lifting is my true love it was good buy grappling. But i would defintily say find a place that is for one hardcore. And even have a link on to th ewhole fight seen. You dont have to do all that but training with those guys will make you one bad mofo!

UFC is a fine sport but in a real fight you dont have ANY pads and all things are go. u also dont normaly duke it out, a fight aginst soemone really trained will be over in seconds. being aware is the best defense - the guys i trained with - u would never think anything but only one or two hits or kicks and its over (awsome power and blinding speed) - keep in mind ur not usually squaring off or shaking hands in a real fight - if you sense danger move FAST and use surprise and it should never end uop on the ground. the guys i was with would have killed any one trying to come in - the usaul thing is to take a hit but wrap up for grapplers - uhhh did you ever watch Bruce Lee kick??? only one person will end up on the ground!!!! I must say tho i enjoy grapping as well and Bruce's philiosophy was that each person has a unique style that works for them - find it, use it!!

Wrestling, boxing, and track and field for the streets. If you want to fight in NHB you should know everything like bjj, muay thai, etc. Stay as far away from kungfu, karate, tae kwon do, wing chun and all that bs as you possibly can.

Top Bottom