Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

squats and deadlifts

squats and deadlift

• i do squats

Votes: 22 66.7%
  • i dont do squats

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • i do deadlifts

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • i dont do deadlifts

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
just thought i'd add my experience with squats and dl's. i used to only do leg presses and dl's off a shrug machine. i was progressing fine but decided to start doing ass to floor 20 rep squats and real dl's. i went from 185lbs to 197lbs in the last month. guess they really worked for me.

Are you asking me? I'll give my input anyway. Start at whatever weight you're comfortable with. You should try and break parallel with the squats but don't let your ass drop all the way to the floor as it puts extra stress on the knees IMO and can lead to future knee problems.
With deadlifts (regular), grap the bar with a wide grip (when I used to do 'em my hands were too close together which led to more stress onthe left side of my back than on the right and it caused back pains on that side so I had to back off of 'em for a while and figured out that that was the problem), bend at the knees and try to keep your back concave (jut stomach forward). I'm still trying to master keeping my back concave - it's harder for some than others IMO. Hope that helps.

There is a difference between saying that you don't deadlift EVERY week and saying that you do not deadlift. I do not deadlift every week...but I do deadlift. I also box squat, flip cars, flip tires, etc....:)

B True

Be a man and do squats!!!!!

I do squats every monday and get huge results from them. Who calls themselves a real weightlifter or bodybuilder that doesn't do squats. Squats should be included in your weekly leg day no matter what......I promise the results you will get are tremendous. It also helps to strengthen your back and other muscle groups that contribute to the lift. Lady

hi,

The Lady has spoken and i will do as my told..yeah i did some deads and suqats the other day it did feel good i liked them so i will do them every week but i dont where a belt i dont like them...!!! does this i have to be extra carefull.?

dave

I did pretty good and had really good results w/out doing either. I'm 233 now and started at 180 2 years ago. Personally i started out doing both but squats were killing my knees and deads were killing my back. So i stopped both, and have met others that say the same thing that they had to stop too because of the stress on the knee joint and pains in the lower back area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom