Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squated for the first time in 2 yrs this AM. Need advice to incorporate them into my routine permamently.

Thank you all.

How does this sound?

Day 1: Squat/Legs
Day 2:eek:ff
Day 3: Chest/Tries
Day 4:eek:ff
Day 5: DL/Back/Bies>DL's(3 sets 5 reps), pulldowns(3 sets 5 reps), Bies(3 sets 5 reps)
Day 6: off
Day 7: Shoulders

Lets look at day 5. With it being dl day. In your opinion do i really need to do anything else for back? What i have listed for day 5 seems a bit much. Im currently dl 3 sets 5 reps(not counting warmups).

So how about DL's and bies for day five. And omit the pulldowns?

SouthernLord said:
I would do Dl with back. If you do it later in the week after squats you should be fine. There is no way I could give 100% on both squats and Dl on the same day. What is your current back routine like? DLs are the cornerstone of a solid back routine imo.

I have not been doing back on the same day i dl. You are right. i need to make the change.

My current back day looks like this:

3 sets 5 reps lat pulldowns, 3 sets 5 reps seated cable rows and then i do bies 3 sets 5-6 reps barbell curls. 3 sets 8 reps cable concentration curls.

Im planning to omit the pulldowns and cable rows. and simply deadlift. I have been deadlifting and working back on seperate days. So my question is. Do you think deadlifting is enough for back/Bicep day? I really dont see myself being able to do any lat exercises after i dl. Bies i can make it through.

Get back into squatting by doing higher reps 10-20 to reduce soreness and relearn the movement faster (first month). Squat at least twice a week and use all variations:

Back Squat
Front Squat
Overhead Squat
Lunge/ One legged

If you're only squatting once a week and are sore for 4 days then you're limiting your potential.

Second squat/leg workout today. did 245 for 3 sets of 5. Legs were not tired. My form suffered on a few. bar placement... sticking with 245 for 3 sets of 5 for next week. want the form to be there on each rep before ii increase poundage again.

Top Bottom