Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sprinter Routine (Legs 2 days a week, is that too much?)

I'll say this about what I've seen. I know the baseball players here at a local university have to go through intensive training w/ weights. All of those guys have quads that look huge, and they all work out their quads twice per week. 1 time light for more reps, 1 time very heavy w/ very low reps. Their strength and conditioning coach is suppossed to be one of the best, and considering the size of those guys whatever he's doing he's doing it right. Many of their principals are unorthodox compared to what we're used to and if i would post their routine i know most people woudl say, "That's ridiculus, that's overtraining times 10!" but like i said, those guys are pretty big, their fast, and w/ your initial question about quads they all got huge quads.

So, Squatter what routine would u make for me?
I don't have a Squat rack, so no normal squats (I can do one leg squats, ski squats,etc.)

YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON THE OLYMPIC LIFTS!!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE. SNATCHES, POWERSNATCHS, CLEANS, POWERCLEANS, DEEP SQUATS FRONT AND BACK, ROMANIAN DEADLIFTS, JERKS, PUSH JERKS, AND PUSH PRESSES.
What ones should I do on each day? How many/day?
Should I do sprints how many times/week?

Thanks for the help

So, what lifts should I do?
I know you said,
YOU NEED TO FOCUS ON THE OLYMPIC LIFTS!!! PLAIN AND SIMPLE. SNATCHES, POWERSNATCHS, CLEANS, POWERCLEANS, DEEP SQUATS FRONT AND BACK, ROMANIAN DEADLIFTS, JERKS, PUSH JERKS, AND PUSH PRESSES.
But on what days, and what order?

And then how many times/week should I run?
How many times/week should I work abs?
How many times/week should I do pylos?

Thanks for the help, and I might get that book..

just get the book, all questions will be answered.

ex workout:

mon- snatches, back squats, low volume sprint, low volume plyos

tue- medium volume sprint

wed- power clean and push press, front squat, medium volume sprint

thur- power snatch, bench press, high volume plyometrics

friday- off

sat- clean and jerk, romanian deadlifts, mid-distance sprints.

I'll get the book, just not right now.
I want to start on this new routine ASAP.

Squats, can't really do...No squat rack and most days I won't a spotter (When I do have a Squatter, I really don't trust him).

What's considered high volume pylo's?

2x10 high box jumps, 3x10 squat jumps would be high volume for most for ex.

you MUST squat. period. plain and simple. you don't need a spotter if you squat correctly. not power, but deep knee bend, olympic style. you can dump the bar behind you no problem. bro, seriously, if you're at all serious about being fast, you will squat. and you will learn the olympic lifts correctly. this is a difficult task to say the least. which is why most neglect to do it, and most aren't truly fast. I encourage you to take it to the next level and do what you know will aid you the most.

best of luck

squatter

Top Bottom