Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Spoke to former WSM Jamies Reeves in England.... doesn't agree with Westside!

Unsung

"I wouldn't advise anyone to max triples or doubles or singles every week, every month, every year. You'll be in a wheelchair by the time you're my age."

"I trained that way (conjugate) myself, and now wish I didn't because it certainly shortened my career."

"I trained Monday, Wednesday and Friday, always to failure. Monday I did narrow-stance squat and narrow-grip bench press down to doubles or triples, followed by leg press and incline press for 8-10 reps. Wednesday was power clean with push press and top-end deadlift down to the doubles or triples, followed by stiff leg deads and strict press for 8-10 reps. And Friday was for t-bar rows, bent-over rows, pulldowns, pull-ups, dips. I did running and throwing on the weekend.

"About every six weeks I tried for maximum singles personal records in the powerlifts and overhead press. I was actually never fresh and niggle-free."

"I changed my training in the early to mid 90s after numerous career-threatening injuries and never clawed back to the very top. But today, I'm healthy and strong and walk with a good posture. I have life away from heavy weights. I remember when I tore my bicep off trying to deadlift 387.5 kg in the gym in 1990 - only a masochist would want to feel that pain again."

Thats because you werent using the conjugate method correctly. Its a 4 day split not 3. 2 max effort days, and 2 dynamic or repetition effort days. You have to change the exercises, bars, tension every 1-3 weeks in waves. What you described is not the westside method.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using EliteFitness

Top Bottom